Photo
- - - - -

3/28 GDT: Blackhawks 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
887 replies to this topic

#861 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

First, I'm not jumping off the bandwagon, I'm just trying to be honest. I still think Detroit can make it to the finals... if they don't face Chicago. And secondly, maybe it wasn't an elbow... but you can't really argue with call. It Was still a hit to the head, and it certainly looked like an elbow from the refs perspective. I'm alright with the call. And Chicago didn't score on the PP anyways. Yeah, we lost Bert for the game... but was that really such a bad thing?

Are you actually saying you're in favor of playing almost an entire game missing a guy, forcing another player to double shift (or forcing other players to sit, thus increasing everyone else's ice time)?

Of course it's a bad thing. You're going to have to overwork guys to fill up the gap in ice time, not to mention the fact that Bertuzzi's scored a point roughly every other game for the Wings. Would and extra point have mattered tonight? It might have been the difference between 2 points and 1...

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#862 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

I agree we have had big trouble with the central division this year. San Jose has been killing us this year and last year to... Im really hoping we go through Anaheim, Phoenix, and maybe LA?

#863 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

Seriously?

In addition to missing one of their best players, the Wings have little to play for, whereas the Hawks are fighting for their lives. Yet it still took the Hawks to OT and a PP goal from a weak call made at the end of regulation.

I don't know what game you were watching, but the Hawks barely won against a team that needs to stay healthy more than they need points.

And if saying the penalty on Z was legit, then so was the Hawk player interfering with Z minutes earlier (which wasn't called).

Suuuure you're a Wings fan. Wonder where your IP address is from....

Check the IP address. It's from Michigan. And again, were you watching the same game I was? MacDonald stood on his head!! I know some Red Wings fans tend to be delusional, but come on... be honest. And again, stop saying Detroit had nothing to play for. I'm sure they want that 2nd seed. No, it's not the same as playing for your playoff lives... but it's a bad excuse.

And I could argue that Sharp is Chicago's best player. He's not, but I could make that argument.

#864 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

Seriously? First off, the Hawk were without "Wings-Killer" Patrick Sharp, and secondly, what exactly did you see in this game that I didn't that would give you any indication that Detroit could beat Chicago, because I thought they pretty much outplayed Detroit from the first minute to the last. And I won't resort to blaming the refs. A. Bert deserved to be thrown out, and B. that was a penalty on Zetterberg.

Listen, I don't want to sound like I'm putting the Wings down, because they are still an elite team... and my team... but I just think Chicago is better. They're younger, faster, and more creative. They do everything on the powerplay and in the open ice that I am always screaming for the Wings to do. But hey, spin anyway you want. Yes, Datsyuk makes a lot of difference... but really, too much difference, if you ask me. This team shouldn't depend on one player as much as Detroit seems to depend on Datsyuk. And its not like Detroit had nothing to play for. Do you really want to open a series with San Jose in their house after last season? I don't

Your troll is showing.

#865 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

Zetterberg knows better. If you put your stick into a guy's midsection with the stick parallel to the ice you are going to get called for it 9 times out of 10. It was soft but softer has been called.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#866 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

Are you actually saying you're in favor of playing almost an entire game missing a guy, forcing another player to double shift (or forcing other players to sit, thus increasing everyone else's ice time)?

Of course it's a bad thing. You're going to have to overwork guys to fill up the gap in ice time, not to mention the fact that Bertuzzi's scored a point roughly every other game for the Wings. Would and extra point have mattered tonight? It might have been the difference between 2 points and 1...

Well, I was being facetious. I have not been impressed with Bertuzzi's play of late, and certainly his lack of physical play all season... but I guess he made up for that tonight.

And am I the only one who would rather see Mursak on the playoff roster rather than Modano? I did not like that signing.

#867 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

Check the IP address. It's from Michigan. And again, were you watching the same game I was? MacDonald stood on his head!! I know some Red Wings fans tend to be delusional, but come on... be honest. And again, stop saying Detroit had nothing to play for. I'm sure they want that 2nd seed. No, it's not the same as playing for your playoff lives... but it's a bad excuse.

And I could argue that Sharp is Chicago's best player. He's not, but I could make that argument.

I would say sharp isn't chicago's best overall player but he is probably their best GOAL scorer at least last couples years.

and against detroit

and yes i know kane and TOES score

#868 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

Dude, you join this forum right after a Wings loss to the Hawks and open up your first post with:

I can't believe how superior Chicago is to Detroit. In every facet of the game: Speed, Passing, Creativity, Coaching... you name it.

Seriously, you cant claim to be a wings fan.
Anyways, Macdonald did not really make any big saves either, he was solid but defense was pretty solid for the most part tonight. No need to bash on the team or the fanbase like you currently either. Im getting a feeling your time at this forum will be short lived.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#869 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

Dude, you join this forum right after a Wings loss to the Hawks and open up your first post with:
Seriously, you cant claim to be a wings fan.
Anyways, Macdonald did not really make any big saves either, he was solid but defense was pretty solid for the most part tonight. No need to bash on the team or the fanbase like you currently either. Im getting a feeling your time at this forum will be short lived.

He joined March 19th.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#870 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

He joined March 19th.

Ahhhh, nevermind then. His first post was tonight, I just didnt care enough to pay that much attention.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#871 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

only in hockey man lol. sof****** great. ill be the drunk obnoxious guy in 218A row 16 pointing to the back of my rafalski jersey when he racks up 2 PP assists tonight.

Put the 2 assists in the bank baby
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#872 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:22 PM

If it weren't for MacDonald, Chicago would've won this easily.

If it weren't for Crawford, Detroit would've won this easily.

And around we go.

#873 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

He joined March 19th.

See. I joined March 19th. I just havent had a lot of time to post. I try and be honest with with my opinions and not let my team loyalties cloud my perception, but I guess that doesn't fly here. OK. I'll remember that.

Alright. Yes, it would of been a different game with Datsyuk. Yes, it was an exciting game. Yes, Detroit is still a great team. No, they are not better than Chicago. I'm sorry, that's just how I feel. And no, I am not a Blackhawks fan. I'm not jumping off the "bandwagon" and never will, but Detroit has a lot of holes in their game they need to fix(things that should of been fixed a long time ago), holes that I thought were badly exposed in tonight's game, if they are going to compete. Thats just how I feel. I'm sorry if some people disagree with that. I didn't just come up with these opinions after tonight's game. These are the same reservations I've had since last season.

Go wings... ok? What do you want me to say?

Edited by Hairy Lime, 28 March 2011 - 10:34 PM.

#874 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

Chicago, despite all of their departures, is a better team than us. Be honest.

Posted Image

Anyway, it was a great game where we played without Daystuk and the Hawks were playing for their lives. This game doesn't worry me if we see them in the playoffs.

Filppula with 22 minutes tonight. :thumbup:

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#875 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

Ok. so you're a Hawks or Preds fan in Michigan.

MacDonald played great. Compared to Chicago, Detroit had little to play for. Why does Detroit want the second seed exactly? Sure they want to win, but compared to a team fighting to make the playoffs, that's nothin.

It's not a bad excuse. You might as well argue that Sharp is chicago's best player because it would be as weak as the rest of your argument.

You're not a Wings fan. And I'm not one of those people who thinks you can't criticize the team and still be a fan, but you're obviously a troll. A Wings fan wouldn't say "I know some Red Wings fans tend to be delusional."

Move along troll.

Zetterberg knows better. If you put your stick into a guy's midsection with the stick parallel to the ice you are going to get called for it 9 times out of 10. It was soft but softer has been called.

Not tonight it hadn't.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 28 March 2011 - 10:53 PM.

#876 Anijuice

Anijuice

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

Does anyone have replays of the Zetterberg and Holmstrom non-calls? I would like to get another look at them, but from what I recall, on Holmstrom's break, the defenseman dove first and then Holmstrom veered to his left and tripped over him. It didn't look like the Chicago Dman initiated contact. And on the Zetterberg supposed "interference," I recall seeing Z pass the puck off the boards to himself. After he touches the puck, he is fair game to get checked/smeared along the boards, isn't he? Again, I think we would all benefit from being able to see the replays, but I wasn't really upset about these "non-calls" as say, the blatant GI on Howard from Saturday.

And the hook from Z on Kane was definitely a good call.

#877 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

Had a great time in the Legends Club tonight! Got to meet Ted Lindsay and he was SUPER nice! He took a picture with my mom and I and signed a puck for me. All in all, a great night, was pretty disappointed with a few of the calls the wings got against them, but a great night none the less.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by WMUCarGuy, 28 March 2011 - 11:28 PM.

#878 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

I'm more than ok with the 1 point. Hawks played a playoff game and the Wings still hung despite resting Datsyuk.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#879 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

Refs gave that game to the Hawks. Must feel bad for them because they suck so bad this year.

Oh well, Wings were the better team despite missing Howard, Datsyuk, and Bertuzzi. I think Rafalski's knee is hindering him, he should take a rest and play Kindl a few games.

#880 Anijuice

Anijuice

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:14 AM

If Howard was playing we probably wouldn't have made it to OT.