• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Los Angeles vs. San Jose

Rate this topic

Yeah, I really don't care who the Wings play in the next round seeing as how every team is having goalie problems now except Detroit so far which is funny seeing as how Howard wasn't that solid during the regular season but I am glad to see him playing like he is right now as well as the whole team. Also the more worn out of the other teams are the better seeing as how my realistic expectations of the Wings wasn't that high until I see how every team is having constant problems in net.

Yeah, I really don't care who the Wings play in the next round seeing as how every team is having goalie problems now except Detroit so far which is funny seeing as how Howard wasn't that solid during the regular season but I am glad to see him playing like he is right now as well as the whole team. Also the more worn out of the other teams are the better seeing as how my realistic expectations of the Wings wasn't that high until I see how every team is having constant problems in net.

I honestly do NOT want to face Nashville. Anaheim and SJ don't have the defense or goaltending to stop Detroit. They may score 3 a night, but Bryz is a better goalie than both Neimi and whoever the hell Anaheim plays. Rinne is good, and with Weber in front, they could give us some trouble getting some goals.

I honestly do NOT want to face Nashville. Anaheim and SJ don't have the defense or goaltending to stop Detroit. They may score 3 a night, but Bryz is a better goalie than both Neimi and whoever the hell Anaheim plays. Rinne is good, and with Weber in front, they could give us some trouble getting some goals.

Yeah, I know how good Rinne is since he has been my favorite goaltender since last season but honestly I am not as worried right now as I was before the playoffs. I think they provide the toughest match up for sure but I think the Wings could take them down in six.

The Kings should be up 3-2, that sure would've made this series interesting. Still the Sharks seem vulnerable and if we play them next I like our chances a lot.

You must not be following the Anaheim-Nashville series. Rinne has an .865 save percentage and a 3.57 GAA against Anaheim.

What Rinne did in the regular season means nothing. So far he sucks in the playoffs. In fact only Bryz has a worse save %.

+1

Quick was excellent tonight. As much as I want to see the Kings pull off this comeback, I just don't think Quick and the defense has the ability and the skill to compete with the Sharks, especially if the sharks are getting 45+ shots off a night. Quick could possible stand on his head for Game 6 cause it will be in L.A but no chance in hell he can do 3 games straight. He is going to need a lot of help from the D which he didn't get tonight.

Agreed. The Kings don't have the talent to hang with the Kings BUT if Niemi continues to play at the same level, the Kings have a chance.

So when does Niemi elevate his play so that he is "on top of his game" because a sub .900 save percentage isn't going to cut it against a Wings team that averaged 4.5 GAA in the first round.

No clue, and I agree that his performance in the playoffs so far will not cut it should they make it to the 2nd round. I just keep hoping that the D can play better in front of him, because he's at least proven that if they can do that he can take them deep in the playoffs. Only time will tell, and he's supposed to start game 6 so we'll find out soon enough.

Is this the series that has to go 7 games in order for the Wings to get the most rest as possible? Or can another series go 7 as well and the Wings still get the most rest possible?

This or the Pittsburgh-Tampa series. If either goes to seven games the second round won't start until Friday at the earliest.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

The Kings need to play better than they did in game 5. Giving up 50+ shots will only lead to their demise. Quick cannot be expected to play at the insane level he did in game 5. I think this is going to be a low scoring game with LA winning in ovetime 2-1. You have to expect a tighter defensive game from the Kings.

I like how this games being called...that last play before the shot woulda been called as a hook in the tb-Pitt game

Do they have the glass miked or something? The hits are coming through louder than the announcers

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut

Sharks all over the Kings. LA can't even get the puck in the Sharks zone and in the rare times that they do, it comes straight back out again. Lucky to be tied.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Guest Shoreline

Kings being badly outplayed. Only a matter of time til the Sharks score with this going on. They need some better chances and sustained pressure. Tilted toward Quick right now.

Oh and they take a time out. o.O

Sharks all over the Kings. LA can't even get the puck in the Sharks zone and in the rare times that they do, it comes straight back out again. Lucky to be tied.

yeah, it's been one-and-done every time for LA. sharks with sustained pressure all game.

Guest Shoreline

For those not following the series, the Kings have only outshot the Sharks in one out of 5 games.

Going into this game the shot count was something like SJ 194 / LA 140.

Kings actually did well to not allow a goal in the 1st. Now they just need some more pressure on Niemi. :lol:

It's not surprising to see the Sharks outchance and outshot them.

Edited by Shoreline