• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Sharks 3

Rate this topic

I don't even know what to feel about this game. I am excited but more nervous than anything. I don't want to go in all positive and expecting them to win but i'll be cautiously optimistic. Still have all the faith in the world that they can do it if they really want it. ONE GAME AT A TIME. GO WINGS!!!

Exactly. I went into the last game hoping they'd win but not really expecting anything. I will be doing this again. Controlling my emotions and hope. The way this series has gone is unebelievably frustrating, and I'm just hoping they can bring their A game and catch some puck luck.

Miller is always an injection of energy when he plays.

He moves and we need that on the line, sorta like Helmer where hes all over the back end of the zone picking up the loose man.

Prediction: Helm, Draper, Miller are on the same line by the end of the game.

Predicition: Ericcson and Salei are oour biggest liabilties in this game.

Its obvious from the predicted lines that Babs is lining up a banger and a sniper on each line. Unfortunately, Salei isnt a sniper and Ericcsson is no banger so expect (hopefully) to see the Nick Stewie line being mixing heavily between Kronner and Raffy. Ericsson will probably play fill in when guys are tired.

I hope that Nick gets on the PK cause we definitely need his help breaking up the Sharks PP.

I also hope they stick to a tighter pattern on the PK, we have been hammered by chasing pucks trying to bat it out of the zone. Nick is the only one on the team that can do that so if he isnt there we need to bolster the botttom 20' and suck up shots from the blue line.

I would like to see Mo playing in this game although there must be a reason hes not which we dont know.

Miller over Modano? Sweet, less speed, talent and doesnt even hit hard. I'd rather have Hudler in then Miller <_<

What is with the Modano love around here? The guy has done nothing and has admitted he doesn't have the energy or fire to play in the playoffs. And in a crucial, must-win game in which the series has been nearly dead even and VERY intense, requiring battles for each puck, you want a floater put in just because he scored a lot of goals years ago? He is not Dallas Drake. He is not going to inspire this team to do anything. He will just be a hinderance. Miller will hustle, fight for the puck, and like someone said, he scores after every game he sits.

No brainer, this decision.

Great...

The second I turn the TV on I see the Sharks scoring the goal on Ozzy back in 94. Hope thats not an omen...

They've been running that non-stop. The Sharks' incredible Cindarella run that year would end... in the very next round. The Wings followed up by sweeping the Sharks out of the playoffs the next season.

All in all a totally unremarkable upset. I can think of several more impressive upsets that teams have pulled on the Wings alone.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Time to swing the momentum to the Motor City. A win tonight and SJ will be doubting themselves. I think Lidstrom will lead the way again and Datsyuk will provide a mind blowing goal for the winner. If the Wings weather the early storm and draw first blood to take the crowd out of it I like their chances.

Time to swing the momentum to the Motor City. A win tonight and SJ will be doubting themselves. I think Lidstrom will lead the way again and Datsyuk will provide a mind blowing goal for the winner. If the Wings weather the early storm and draw first blood to take the crowd out of it I like their chances.

Dont count on that. I was at game 1 and they found ways to get loud even when we were winning.

We need first blood AND LAST BLOOD this will be a one goal game.