• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
13dangledangle

Modano

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

I understand the criticism of coming off of a long injury and being a guy whom had to adjust to a new system at the end of his career. Even for a hometown kid.

I'd like to simply mention that Mike was always an almost a point a game guy against San Jose, whom he used to play and beat all the time. Great opponent for him. And he was always good on faceoffs.

Modano's faceoff percentage in the playoffs was higher than any other Detroit team member in the 2011 playoffs. Modano won 67% of the faceoffs he took in 9 minutes of play in Game 6 and registered three shots on net.

It was a mistake not to use him in Game 7. I believe it would have made the difference with San Jose. (How many faceoffs were lost in Game 7?).

And Detroit's overall discipline would've made for a better series opponent for Vancouver.

I understand the criticism of coming off of a long injury and being a guy whom had to adjust to a new system at the end of his career. Even for a hometown kid.

I'd like to simply mention that Mike was always an almost a point a game guy against San Jose, whom he used to play and beat all the time. Great opponent for him. And he was always good on faceoffs.

Modano's faceoff percentage in the playoffs was higher than any other Detroit team member in the 2011 playoffs. Modano won 67% of the faceoffs he took in 9 minutes of play in Game 6 and registered three shots on net.

It was a mistake not to use him in Game 7. I believe it would have made the difference with San Jose. (How many faceoffs were lost in Game 7?).

And Detroit's overall discipline would've made for a better series opponent for Vancouver.

I can understand what you mean about what Mo brought offensively, especially given the Red Wings lacked on the power play, however, Mo was quite a defensive liability against the Sharks grit and size, looked hobbled, and surely something the Sharks would have taken advantage of. I don't believe it's a fair assessment to think of the series as ending differently if Mo played Game 7.

Mo looked like he was about to die damn near after every shift. Hell even after one good burst of speed that was it for him. His stamina was a major concern I think for Babs.