• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Weber and Parise headed to arbitration

Rate this topic

That is even worse though.. one year I could see Parise getting 5-6 million.

They have about 9-10 million in cap space and need 5 players including Parise.

That's what Paise and his camp are going to argue while the Devil's camp is going to argue 3.5-4.5 and the final number will settle somewhere between those.

That's what Paise and his camp are going to argue while the Devil's camp is going to argue 3.5-4.5 and the final number will settle somewhere between those.

If arbitration fails doesnt he become a UFA? (IE numbers don't match and team passes?)

Edited by Shaman464

If arbitration fails doesnt he become a UFA? (IE numbers don't match and team passes?)

Yes. It'd be ridiculous to do that, though. Better to take the contract and trade some lesser assets for futures or something than to let an asset that big just slip away.

The numbers will never match, it's up to the team to decide if the numbers are closer to their side or Webers/Parise's side and whether or not they want to pay them that much. In Weber's case, if he does go to Arb, Nashville will accept any ruling.

Yes. It'd be ridiculous to do that, though. Better to take the contract and trade some lesser assets for futures or something than to let an asset that big just slip away.

Chicago laughs in your general direction...oh...wait... no they don't, they lost in the first round...

Chicago laughs in your general direction...oh...wait... no they don't, they lost in the first round...

Well, none of the assets they let go were Parise-level.

Also, they had like 23920320932 players going to RFA and a $4m+ bonus overage and what not, they were incredibly boned. Lol Chicago.

Well, none of the assets they let go were Parise-level.

Also, they had like 23920320932 players going to RFA and a $4m+ bonus overage and what not, they were incredibly boned. Lol Chicago.

Sorry, i went Chinese and read right to left and only got to here.

Sorry, i went Chinese and read right to left and only got to here.

To be fair, that's the only word necessary to describe Chicago's situation last offseason.

Though I suppose you technically got "Chicago lol boned"

Edited by Datsyerberger

There were 31 players who filed for arbitration last year:

26 signed before their Arb. Date

2 were awarded arbs that the team accepted (Wheeler, Kennedy)

2 teams walked away from the arbs value (Niemi, MacArthur)

1 player was signed prior to the arbs meeting, then immediately traded (Wisniewski)

at least this will put an end to the weber coming to detroit talk. i will be extremely surprised if this actually goes to arbitration

I think it makes it more likely. Weber might not feel as loyal now that they made this move. It ensures that he will be in Nashville at least one more contract, but it still could be a one year contract. UFA next year perhaps.