41 replies to this topic

#21 South Dakota wings fan

South Dakota wings fan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Giroux is a winger in my mind.

I just don't know what could have brought on the second trade. Perhaps he thought he would be better off blowing it up.

My first thought was who will be their 2nd line center as well, but then when I read somewhere Giroux would be slotted there, I remembered that he is a natural center. Looks like Voracek and Simmonds are RFA who need to be re-signed, but this might give them the flexibility to re-sing Leino.

Richards and Carter must have really been a problem in the dressing room. I'm not excited by the fact that the Western conference and Central division just got a lot stronger.

#22 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

I know that as an outside observer it makes sense to pull the trigger on those trades. My point was that once the Wings draft a player, fans grow an irrational emotional attachment to them and that player somehow becomes untradeable. I'm sure 90% of this forum would be against trading Smith or Tatar or any other highly regarded prospect, unless the trade was obscenely in our favor. Its gotten so bad that people get upset whenever someone suggests trading away future first round picks (despite the fact that we haven drafted outside the top 20 in 6 years)

Yes, I agree a lot of times people don't want to part with prospects in our camp. I just like to look at it as more of "I know that this player is good now, compared to what this other player might or might not become."

#23 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

My first thought was who will be their 2nd line center as well, but then when I read somewhere Giroux would be slotted there, I remembered that he is a natural center. Looks like Voracek and Simmonds are RFA who need to be re-signed, but this might give them the flexibility to re-sing Leino.

Richards and Carter must have really been a problem in the dressing room. I'm not excited by the fact that the Western conference and Central division just got a lot stronger.

Well we can only hope that this sends a message to Holland to step it up. Be smart, but use the cap space you have and improve the team, defensively first, but don't ignore the offense. Bring on Brent Burns!

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

There has been so much activity today. What will be next for these teams?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

I really hope Detroit lands a trade at least tomorrow :)
...bring the excitement!

#26 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if Philly lured Zenon Konopka to replace Dan Carcillo, who was a major disappointment last year. I think Philly is far from done re-tooling. I can't understand how you sign a guy to a hugef****** contract and trade him away right after. Not to mention, he was the captain.. Something must have really been wrong, whether off-ice issues or something else. You don't see captains signed to long term deals randomly dealt like that often.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#27 nmuwildcat

nmuwildcat

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

.Does this affect our ability to extract a player like Colburn or ...?

Do not want. Saw enough of his prima Dona attitude when he was with the Chicago Wolves (as a prospect for the Thrashers). Felt he was too "good" to fit in the system and wanted out. Then played just good enough to get a new contract then he dissappeared.

If I'm not mistaken, he also directly lead to the Blackawks Stanley Cup GWG.

Edited by nmuwildcat, 23 June 2011 - 11:35 PM.

#28 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

Philly has to have more up their sleeves!

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#29 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:41 PM

If they keep Schenn in the NHL next season I think Leino is out. But if they let him go back to the minors Leino is in. Simmonds can get $2M-$2.5M if lucky and Voracek can get $3M tops IMO. Schenn is already inked in to make $3.1M if he plays in the NHL next year.

#30 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

Has Philly made a good trade since before Lindros?

#31 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

Has Philly made a good trade since before Lindros?

The Leino trade?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#32 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

The Leino trade?

God damnit, got me there :( I remember how much I loved Leino when he was overseas and when he scored his first goal as a Red Wing and then he sucked to start the next year and traded him for nothing and now he is realizing his potential

#33 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:39 AM

Who in our farm system is worth the same as Schenn or the 8th overall draft pick? No one. Come on guys.

Schenn is useless crap. You all have seen him in the last WJHCs. He is prototype Canadian forward from 70s. Shutt comes to my mind when I think of him. Could complement already strong team. No way he could lead a team.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#34 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:02 AM

#35 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

Rumor on the webs has it that the Flyers might go after Brad Richards....

Come on... seriously? I CANNOT believe that.

#36 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

Brad Richards claims he wants to play in a city where hockey is not everything. Hockey might not be 'everything' in Philly but that would be one damn difficult place to play as a number one centre making upwards of 7-8 million a year.

#37 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

Brad Richards claims he wants to play in a city where hockey is not everything. Hockey might not be 'everything' in Philly but that would be one damn difficult place to play as a number one centre making upwards of 7-8 million a year.

They'd have to trade Bryzgalov to acquire Richards... now that would be interesting to see. :hehe:

#38 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

Rumor on the webs has it that the Flyers might go after Brad Richards....

Come on... seriously? I CANNOT believe that.

TSN also reporting rumors they are after Steven Stamkos from Tampa.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#39 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

One source, Mark Spizzirri, says the Wings are in on Bob the goalie.

#40 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

Ok, let him sign with the Panthers and we'll see how soon it is before he's begging for a trade.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman