• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#241 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

So now we have not one, but two right handed shots on the blue line? Hmmm...this may not be a bad thing to have in the arsenal.

Sends your mind back to the days of Mathieu Dandenault and Fredrik Olausson.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#242 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

Sends your mind back to the days of Mathieu Dandenault and Fredrik Olausson.

DOES...NOT...COMPUTE...ERROR...REBOOTING SYSTEM....

If I recall correctly, wasnt Dandenault a right handed version of today's Lebda? And I do believe that Freddie's shining moment was hitting that one goal against Wahhh when we destroyed him 7-0.

So now, if only Commodore Norrington can score 1 goal against Wahhh in a blow out he will impress me. If not, then we shall have to see some stellar defensive play capped off with hard nosed crease clearing.
Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001

#243 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

DOES...NOT...COMPUTE...ERROR...REBOOTING SYSTEM....

If I recall correctly, wasnt Dandenault a right handed version of today's Lebda? And I do believe that Freddie's shining moment was hitting that one goal against Wahhh when we destroyed him 7-0.

So now, if only Commodore Norrington can score 1 goal against Wahhh in a blow out he will impress me. If not, then we shall have to see some stellar defensive play capped off with hard nosed crease clearing.

Dandenault was much, MUCH more competent than Lebda, man.

Freddie also scored the OT winner in Game 3 I believe of that same series.

#244 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

Dandenault was much, MUCH more competent than Lebda, man.

Freddie also scored the OT winner in Game 3 I believe of that same series.

You are correct on both instances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWKmc0RuxsY

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#245 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

I don't see the downside to this deal.

#246 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

I don't see the downside to this deal.

He's just a little bit of an idiot with his twitter and complaints to the media about his coaches and so he has rubbed some fans the wrong way. The hope is that he'll learn a little bit from the notorious "Lidstrom locker room effect." Lidstrom is one of the best players to ever play the game, captain of the Red Wings and yet he shows no ego. Therefore, in theory, no one else is allowed to either. But again, it's just a theory.

#247 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

He's just a little bit of an idiot with his twitter and complaints to the media about his coaches and so he has rubbed some fans the wrong way. The hope is that he'll learn a little bit from the notorious "Lidstrom locker room effect." Lidstrom is one of the best players to ever play the game, captain of the Red Wings and yet he shows no ego. Therefore, in theory, no one else is allowed to either. But again, it's just a theory.

I think he knows that he'll end up on waivers again if he misbehaves. He doesn't exactly have many career options these days.

#248 cgenco1992

cgenco1992

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

I'm happy to see that there are people in Wings nation that are as happy about this as I am! Even if he might be a healthy scratch or gets assigned to the minors, he could be like Danny Cleary and pop back up and be a major contributor down the road. The only thing that worries me is him making more excuses about his poor play when he'll be with such a high class team. No excuses just results! Welcome to Detroit Mike Commodore!

#249 Weezer

Weezer

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

Would that make Commodore the first Red Wing on Twitter?

#250 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

I suppose so... Ugh... I hate professional athletes on twitter.

#251 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

I heard today that commodore was in talks to sign with either detroit or calgary. Detroit gave him a 15 minute window to decide if he wanted to play for detroit, and he chose to be a wing.

#252 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if they make Commodore give up the twitter account.

#253 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

Jurco is on twitter too, @Jurky13

#254 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

Didn't Lilja tweeter during games when he was out with his concussion? They were ok with that.

Or maybe it was some other form of communication.

#255 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

You know after the Flip traded on facebook issue, I got to say the Wings players seem to not be on a lot of social networking sites.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#256 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Would that make Commodore the first Red Wing Twit?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#257 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

You know after the Flip traded on facebook issue, I got to say the Wings players seem to not be on a lot of social networking sites.

That makes no sense. The Filppula "trade" on facebook announcement was done by an imposter. It's not like a player released vital info. They will never be able to completely control imposters. Their best chance at doing so is, ironically, to create official accounts (like the official red wings facebook account) that can provide legit info.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 08 July 2011 - 10:12 AM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#258 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

What sense was I trying to make?

I was making an observation, that after that there appeared to be no more Wings on social sites. The two may have nothing to due with each other. It could be the age of the team, could be the schedule leaves them little time, could be a million reasons.

But one way to control imposters would be to not have any players on these sites to have their accounts hacked.

Who knows, certainly not me, my point was it seemed to be the last Wing I have heard about on Twitter or Facebook (I am not a member of either of these sites, btw).

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#259 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

Enter Command:

Focus on offense

Commodore 64 does not compute error error

Commodore 64 clears net and blocks shots

Please resubmit request

Edited by Rivalred, 09 July 2011 - 09:23 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1