• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

Now that Florida has hit the cap floor.

Rate this topic

Florida has really screwed up July 1 by overpaying players but now that they have hit the salary cap floor, is it possible we can actually get someone half-way decent players to fill the gap on Defense? We are all upset at how Holland has approached these free agents but we also have to understand that none of these players are worth the money they are getting. If it's not the amount of money they are getting paid per year, it's the crazy length of the contracts we are seeing.

There are still other teams out there that need to hit the Floor but they also have to pay there own players. With that being said what kind of money do you see players on day two and going forward getting? Also which players do you think we will in play for?

Florida has really screwed up July 1 by overpaying players but now that they have hit the salary cap floor, is it possible we can actually get someone half-way decent players to fill the gap on Defense? We are all upset at how Holland has approached these free agents but we also have to understand that none of these players are worth the money they are getting. If it's not the amount of money they are getting paid per year, it's the crazy length of the contracts we are seeing.

There are still other teams out there that need to hit the Floor but they also have to pay there own players. With that being said what kind of money do you see players on day two and going forward getting? Also which players do you think we will in play for?

I kinda doubt we'll see Holland pulling off a crazy trade. Instead Detroit will probably get stuck with a guy like Kaberle for a season or two.

I don't see Holland changing anything at the Forward position unless somehow a miracle deal is worked out and he ships Hudler away. On D I still believe he signs someone. I have a feeling it might be Kaberle, which I am not opposed to. A lot of people don't really like Kaberle but I feel like he could really do well in the Wings' system. If not Kaberle I could see the Wings going after someone like Lepisto or a lesserknown name to give them a shot at filling the role for a year or two. Add a backup goalie onto that and I think the Wings will hold on to the remaining cash to allow for some movement at the Trade Deadline.

Babchuk, White, and Kaberle would all fit. Hedberg or Conklin are about the only goalies left, unless we want to gamble on Ozzie or splurge for Vokoun.

We don't have the assets for any meaningful trade, and the available forwards suck. So I wouldn't expect much. I still wouldn't mind gambling on Zherdev in place of Emmerton. I have a hard time picturing Emmerton in our future, so I don't think we'd really be losing anything. Gagne would be even better. Less of a gamble, and maybe bigger payoff, though more expensive.

Babchuk, White, and Kaberle would all fit. Hedberg or Conklin are about the only goalies left, unless we want to gamble on Ozzie or splurge for Vokoun.

We don't have the assets for any meaningful trade, and the available forwards suck. So I wouldn't expect much. I still wouldn't mind gambling on Zherdev in place of Emmerton. I have a hard time picturing Emmerton in our future, so I don't think we'd really be losing anything. Gagne would be even better. Less of a gamble, and maybe bigger payoff, though more expensive.

Hedberg re-signed with NJ. 1Yr/1.25M NTC

I don't really have any ideas on what players we would get. I'm kinda done guessing what the Wings will do. I have my ideas and wants of what I want them to do but as far as thinking who they will get I give up. Now that being said I think as we get further and further into the Off-Season and closer to the New Season players prices are going to have to drop and I think that's where the Wings benefit the most in getting what they want for what they can afford. My only concern is what will be left if the Wings wait another few weeks or even a month. I hope the Wings can sign as high quality of players as they can to help this team make another run to the Cup.