• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
number9

Isles will stay at the Coliseum

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

14 bucks is nothing really... No one in America is taxed to the brim either... Just saying people don't seem to realize that taxes are considered very low here.

I mean, I will send them 14 bucks in the mail to keep that team there.

14 bucks is nothing really... No one in America is taxed to the brim either... Just saying people don't seem to realize that taxes are considered very low here.

That's going to have to change. For those who don't pay attention to how s***ty the U.S. economy is becoming from phony bubbles created by the Fed and reckless consumption/spending without the exports and taxes to justify it, maybe the Coyotes situation with Glendale will hit home when it comes to the horrendous debt-laden deals they make putting taxpayers on the line for hundreds of billions of dollars for private enterprise. If there is a new building in Nassau for the Islanders it needs to be done entirely with private money. Let the market dictate the terms upon the Islanders getting a new building. If private money can't afford it, surely government shouldn't be spending money on it. We're talking about entertainment venues.

The Isles are not a big market team. That market is owned by the Rangers. My company is based on Long Island and I can tell you known of the people at my office care about the Isles....they are all Rangers fans.

I agree. There's to much hockey in the New York area, 3 teams is one to many. Bye bye Islanders.

I say they're going to Quebec City.

BrooklynAmericans_150.gif

The marketing possibilities for the return of this franchise renaming spins the head.

I think moving teams to Brooklyn is a good idea. I don't live in New York, just been there twice, but is there really that big of a Manhattan vs. Long Island rivalry going on? I think there's more of a Manhattan vs. Brooklyn thing.

BrooklynAmericans_150.gif

The marketing possibilities for the return of this franchise renaming spins the head.

A marketing wet dream (sorry, I suck at photoshop):

islanders.png

Edited by Uncle Danny

Negative. This is about as far from a marketing wet dream as you can get.

No one in their right mind would want to ice a team that uses the tragedy of 9/11 as it's sole basis for existence.

ESPECIALLY not anyone from NYC.

A marketing wet dream (sorry, I suck at photoshop):

islanders.png