• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

I can't wait to see what you tell us next!
Posted Image

#22 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

I was checking the NHL network and it lists the Prospect Tournament in Traverse City. I hope it's not blacked out.

#23 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

It shouldn't be, there's no reason for that. It' not like it's being shown on a local station.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#24 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

Far as I know we'll be getting it. Why wouldn't we?
Posted Image

#25 OzzieFan30

OzzieFan30

Ozzie's Official Nurse

• 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:47 PM

Hey you guys! I'm here!!! I'm late, as usual, but I am here and I am coming :cool: I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED THAT OZZIE IS THERE. This week is going to go by so slow!!!!! I've been lurking in the Hottest Red Wing forum, but I see why it's been slow - because you are all over here!! I'm staying at the state park, we will be coming in Friday afternoon/evening - leaving Ann Arbor around noon-ish, picking up the trailer we are borrowing at 2 PM in Clifford and heading up from there. I am all for a get together at the park Saturday night, I am SO excited to meet everyone! And Oh My Gosh, Konnan511, your "creepy" updates just make me laugh, so keep them coming!

I'll be lurking, I promise!

:newbie:
a.k.a. Michelle
@JoeyMacSuperGrl (anybody on Twitter?)

Edited by OzzieFan30, 11 September 2011 - 11:48 PM.

Ozzie, what do you think the key to this whole playoffs and winning the Stanley Cup was? (asks Darren McCarty, interviewing Ozzie after beating Penguins in 2008 to win the Cup) "Just that we made every last minute a kerfuffule. That would be it, I mean, we never could just put an empty-netter in there to make it easy. We had to... really, you know what we did it for? So the fans could watch right to the end."

Thanks, Oz. So nice of you to always be thinking of the fans!!!!

#26 WingedHorse

WingedHorse

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

Hey you guys! I'm here!!! I'm late, as usual, but I am here and I am coming :cool: I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED THAT OZZIE IS THERE. This week is going to go by so slow!!!!! I've been lurking in the Hottest Red Wing forum, but I see why it's been slow - because you are all over here!! I'm staying at the state park, we will be coming in Friday afternoon/evening - leaving Ann Arbor around noon-ish, picking up the trailer we are borrowing at 2 PM in Clifford and heading up from there. I am all for a get together at the park Saturday night, I am SO excited to meet everyone! And Oh My Gosh, Konnan511, your "creepy" updates just make me laugh, so keep them coming!

I'll be lurking, I promise!

:newbie:
a.k.a. Michelle
@JoeyMacSuperGrl (anybody on Twitter?)

You know that Kira (Pat) is in campsite #215 right? Potluck on Saturday evening at Pat's! I am bringing s'more fixin's! LOL! Just look for the Spartan green Jeep Wrangler w/ a black cloth top w/ "I'm From Hockey Town" sticker on the left side back window and the "Arabian Sport Horse" sticker on the right hand back window. That will be us!

Maybe we can get a little group of us together and try to get our autographs on Saturday afternoon? I want to get Abby to sign a photo that hubby took and the same for Bertuzzi. I also want Abby to sign my Spartan Arabian Horse cap too! Pat is going to have Z sign the photo of our new puppy, "Hank." I can't wait! Friday afternoon can't come soon enough...

#27 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

In light of the news about the team flying back to Detroit Saturday afternoon, Sheri and I won't be coming up. We only had Saturday afternoon and part of Sunday to try to get to some of the guys. It didn't really matter to me about autographs because I'm not a big collector but for her it was kind of pointless to drive up there when we'd probably miss most of the opportunities. I really couldn't afford this weekend anyway, so hopefully I'll be there next year :)

Everyone have a great time!!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#28 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

We are still coming but wont be there until Sunday AM.
I will probably be wearing my Z auto'ed jersey and Ill have a cute little 19 month old Wings fan with me :)
See you there everyone!!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#29 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

Dawn, I'm gonna miss you and Sheri...hopefully next year will be better. Here's to maybe getting together sometime this year!
Posted Image

#30 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

If Ozzie married? If not, he has some explaining to do...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#31 WingedHorse

WingedHorse

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

This is the second year in a row I have heard something similar. Now that you have us hooked, TELL!!!! PLEASE TELL!!!!

#32 AmyMarie

AmyMarie

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

I was wondering who all from LGW is going up to Red Wings Training Camp? I think it would be fun to put some names w/ faces and meet everyone. I know that my good friend Kira (and her hubby and dog Loki) will be there, Dimaline will be there, and Amy (I can't remember her name on LGW) will be there, but is anyone else going? Tell us how to recognize you! I will be wearing my #20 Robitaille jersey (I think I am the only Luc jersey) and will be w/ my hubby who wears his red Yzerman jersey.

I am hoping to get the autographs of Bertuzzi, Abdelkader, and a few others. Will also try to get Zetterberg to sign a photo of our 8 week old yellow Lab puppy, "Hank", whose papered name is Kingseeds Henrik Z.

We are heading up to TC on Friday afternoon after we get off of work in Grand Rapids at noon. Boones is our destination that night! We will be at the Saturday & Sunday Training Camp and meeting up w/ Kira Saturday evening at her campsite.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having fun! GO WINGS!

I'll be there! Going up Friday morning & going home Tuesday. Can't wait to get up there and hopefully meet a lot of you!

#33 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

In light of the news about the team flying back to Detroit Saturday afternoon, Sheri and I won't be coming up. We only had Saturday afternoon and part of Sunday to try to get to some of the guys. It didn't really matter to me about autographs because I'm not a big collector but for her it was kind of pointless to drive up there when we'd probably miss most of the opportunities. I really couldn't afford this weekend anyway, so hopefully I'll be there next year :)

Everyone have a great time!!

I am so sorry you're not going, Dawn... that sucks. I was planning to live vicariously through you. ;) I hope you change your mind and boogie up there Friday night to see whoever you can Saturday morning.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#34 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

Yes he is and they just had a baby in March.

I am so sorry you're not going, Dawn... that sucks. I was planning to live vicariously through you. ;) I hope you change your mind and boogie up there Friday night to see whoever you can Saturday morning.

Sorry Linda, my checkbook won't allow me to do it. I was only seeing it through this year because I had committed and Jean had to back out. Maybe I can save up for that Nashville game, I'd much rather us be able to get together for that one.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#35 jhebert

jhebert

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

I'm going also.

Does anybody know at what bars the players tend to hang out while in town? My wife would like to sleep with one (or more) of them. Any help would be appreciated. But no judging!

Edited by jhebert, 13 September 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#36 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,868 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

I'm going also.

Does anybody know at what bars the players tend to hang out while in town? My wife would like to sleep with one (or more) of them. Any help would be appreciated. But no judging!

Before we answer, is your wife an undercover Avs fan sent to give our boys cooties?

(just kidding)

#37 CupChamps979802

CupChamps979802

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday!! So excited, my first training camp! I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has an extra ticket or advice for attaining a ticket for Sunday shoot me a PM. My buddy has decided to tag along, and now we are one short for Sunday. Thanks in advance!
Posted Image

#38 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

You might be able to pull a standing room only ticket for Sunday. Sometimes you can get lucky that way.
Posted Image

#39 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

Heading up this evening. Hope to meet some of you here from LGW! Training camp is the best!

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

They go to Bootleggers and Dillingers dwntown. I only ask about Ozzie being married because he's brought back women nearly every night he has been here so far and even asked if I could drive two of them back around 4am last week lol.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".