Photo
- - - - -

Everyone has rejoined the team for skating...except one player...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Title says it all. Everyone is back in Detroit skating, training and working out. Except one.

Wonder who that could be? Must be someone lazy... :ph34r:

There are three articles talking about how Hudler returned to the team to skate today, so this topis is dumb.

#42 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

Fans need a whipping boy. Re: Lebda, Lang, and Williams.

Ok, let's be honest here, Lebda kinda deserved it. Williams was wrecked by injuries and Lang had some clutch postseason performances, but name one thing Lebda ever did to redeem himself (and making us all truly appreciate when Lids was on the ice doesn't count lol).

#43 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

I have a funny feeling that Hudler has a VERY good season this season. He's a talented player and a lot of people loved him before he went to the KHL. After he left for more money, everyone turn their back on him.

I don't particularly like Hudler. I'd never buy his jersey, but the hate he gets here is not justified.

I agree. My bet is that Hudler has a much better season. According to the article, he has been working his ass off this summer. Who will the whipping boy be for 2011-2012?
Do or do not. There is no try

#44 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

I'll have to file this away as another example for when old what's his name Flip super fan says no one in Wings management ever calls out Flip. But he's right on all three, in particular Franzen. Flip needs to bounce into being a player he's never been. Hudler has to be the player he was shaping up to be before leaving. But Franzen really needs to bounce back to his previous form.

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking too. You have to fall first from a high level in order to bounce back.

#45 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

Put me down for Franzen and the contract that hangs round his neck like the albatross from the ancient mariner.

Funny thing is, when we had the "whipping boy 2010-11 thread" no-one picked Hudler.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#46 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

Title says it all. Everyone is back in Detroit skating, training and working out. Except one.

Wonder who that could be? Must be someone lazy... :ph34r:

Silly thread is silly thread, and I approve of silly threads. Good job! :thumbup:

There are three articles talking about how Hudler returned to the team to skate today, so this topis is dumb.

Lighten up. Have a laugh. Giggle a little bit.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 14 September 2011 - 09:42 PM.

#47 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

My link

Glad he is working out and building muscle as it will come in handy when he has to move when he gets traded.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#48 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

Lighten up. Have a laugh. Giggle a little bit.

Laughter is a capitalist concept.

#49 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

Glad he is working out and building muscle as it will come in handy when he has to move when he gets traded.

Either that or he'll play really well this year and price himself out of Detroit with a really bad contract somewhere else.

#50 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:56 AM

Am I the only disappointed that eva hasn't replied to this thread?
Rough as guts.

#51 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

Oh don't you worry. He'll be here. Never goes away.

#52 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

Definitely not! :D

#53 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,757 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

And don't forget those 2 magic words - Contract and Year.

Which means he get 80 points this year, then Holland will re-sign him for $5M+ and then Hudler will return to "Form" next season and he will be a $5M 30 point player...

I can only hope he is on pace for 80 and is traded at the deadline for something the team can use to complete this quest for another Cup...or he only gets about 20 points (and nobody wants him at the deadline) and Holland re-signs him for what he is worth $500,000 or just lets him walk.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#54 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

Which means he get 80 points this year, then Holland will re-sign him for $5M+ and then Hudler will return to "Form" next season and he will be a $5M 30 point player...

I can only hope he is on pace for 80 and is traded at the deadline for something the team can use to complete this quest for another Cup...or he only gets about 20 points (and nobody wants him at the deadline) and Holland re-signs him for what he is worth $500,000 or just lets him walk.

So Wings couldn't use a PPG player in the playoffs?

You didn't really thought it through, did you? :rolleyes:

#55 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

But, you see, if Hudler does well, everyone but Eva has to eat crow. We can't have that, so if Hudie is doing well, then we trade him so we can all be happy that we ditched him and then when he stays good, we can say, "oh, well, guys always do that after they leave."

Then everyone will laugh at Eva for saying that Hudler could have kept that pace with the Wings had he stayed.

If he's a PPG player and he stays, people will have to come up with excuses to backpedal to save face. That wouldn't be fun.

So, despite the fact that it's not in the best interest of the team, we must either hope for Hudler to be bad or we must hope for him to be good and then trade him. At least if we trade, we might get something good that we can all like.

#56 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

Hudler will score 55+ points this season, just you wait. :thumbup: He'll return to 2008-09 form.

Can you believe that Hudler debuted in the 2003-04 season? :blink:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#57 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

But, you see, if Hudler does well, everyone but Eva has to eat crow. We can't have that, so if Hudie is doing well, then we trade him so we can all be happy that we ditched him and then when he stays good, we can say, "oh, well, guys always do that after they leave."

Then everyone will laugh at Eva for saying that Hudler could have kept that pace with the Wings had he stayed.

If he's a PPG player and he stays, people will have to come up with excuses to backpedal to save face. That wouldn't be fun.

So, despite the fact that it's not in the best interest of the team, we must either hope for Hudler to be bad or we must hope for him to be good and then trade him. At least if we trade, we might get something good that we can all like.

He will be good this year and we will re-sign him. LGW will go nuclear when that happens. This will happen.

There is no question that Hudler is talented and there is no question that he can have a good season (2007-2008). The problem last year was motivation/work ethic. Based on the training and attitude that I have read about over the summer, the motivation/work ethic should not be a problem again.

Why then would anybody expect a bad season from him? I get it that LGW like most internet forums is composed of lots of haters, but this isn't logical.

Your hate is blinding you people. Save the hate for Crosby or Kane....
Do or do not. There is no try

#58 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

Given your apparent belief that you are an expert in the field of management, perhaps you should be dedicating your time to attaining a job in the field.

#59 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

For what it's worth, Hudler is currently tied for the lead in points in my be a pro career on NHL12. At one point he led the league in PIM, too...

Posted Image

#60 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,757 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Yes, I did. The problem if he scores 80 points and remains on this team throughout the playoffs, if he gets re-signed it will be at an amount that he is not really worth,and then the 30 point Hudler will return for he next 5 years making 80 point Hudler money, it happens all the time . I would hope that if he does play that well and doesn't get traded, he is allowed to walk when he asks for money that he is not worth. (like he did before he went to Russia.)

My fear is to waste even more Cap Space on Hudler than they already have on this contract, which is a gross overpayment... I'd gladly watch him get 20-30 points this year and then get re-signed for $500,000 to $1M. At that rate of pay, even I could become a Hudler supporter.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!