• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#281 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Malkin didn't even have to wash his knob this morning after all that polishing it got last night. He drove past an AHL dman to score! He's God! And his "passing the puck between his legs" domination that I kept hearing about was nothing more than a turnover in the offensive zone cause he took too long to pass it to someone. Datsyuk goes through his legs all the time and actually makes the play. In summary, Datsyuk is better. :P

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#282 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

I see Kronner being the Kris Letang of the 2012 season.

It took Gonchar leavings Pittsburgh for Letang to shine, and I think a reduction in Lidstrom's ice time will do wonders for Kronner. He looks filthy taking passes in the slot on the fly and going top cheese. Oh, and it's a contract year too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#283 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

Malkin didn't even have to wash his knob this morning after all that polishing it got last night. He drove past an AHL dman to score! He's God! And his "passing the puck between his legs" domination that I kept hearing about was nothing more than a turnover in the offensive zone cause he took too long to pass it to someone. Datsyuk goes through his legs all the time and actually makes the play. In summary, Datsyuk is better. :P

esteef

Those Pittsburgh announcers are the NHLs worst. I hate to acknowlege that the Detroit Red Wings once employed Bob Errey. What an annoying dickwad.

Edited by vladdy16, 22 September 2011 - 12:26 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#284 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

esteef

I dunno man. I know if you go through the previous pages I back Malkin a lot. Maybe it was because I was having a few beverages along with some stuff that's green but I could really focus in and notice things.

Did anyone notice Holmstrom pull a few "yeah I'm still sweet" moves? Probably not. But I did. Homer of all people had a few moments of "this is how it's done kids". Were they few? Yes; but they did happen.

How could you not notice Malkin was playing great. It's alright to like other hockey players you know? Ones that aren't in the winged wheel. I am one to HATE the pens, I HATE them. I HATE Cindy Crysbaby and will be the first one to whip out my tin foil hat when it comes to the NHL man love for him. But Malkin is actually an awesomely skilled player. Could you imagine if he was on the Wings paired with Zeta or Dats? Talk about af****** nightmare of sheer orgasm.

Also, was it annoying to listen to the Pittsburgh announcers slob all over him? Of course it was but isn't that what homers do to their star player? How many times does the competition have to hear about Datsyuk's magical moves? Lidstrom's ability to be a perfect human? We love it. And people need to realize that in hockey it is alright to give credit where credit is due. Malkin will easily be the player of the year for Pitts; even if Cindy does come back.

Rant off. Don't neg me bro.

#285 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

^ I plus'd you simply for the "stuff that's green". ;) :thumbup:

esteef

#286 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

I dunno man. I know if you go through the previous pages I back Malkin a lot. Maybe it was because I was having a few beverages along with some stuff that's green but I could really focus in and notice things.

Did anyone notice Holmstrom pull a few "yeah I'm still sweet" moves? Probably not. But I did. Homer of all people had a few moments of "this is how it's done kids". Were they few? Yes; but they did happen.

How could you not notice Malkin was playing great. It's alright to like other hockey players you know? Ones that aren't in the winged wheel. I am one to HATE the pens, I HATE them. I HATE Cindy Crysbaby and will be the first one to whip out my tin foil hat when it comes to the NHL man love for him. But Malkin is actually an awesomely skilled player. Could you imagine if he was on the Wings paired with Zeta or Dats? Talk about af****** nightmare of sheer orgasm.

Also, was it annoying to listen to the Pittsburgh announcers slob all over him? Of course it was but isn't that what homers do to their star player? How many times does the competition have to hear about Datsyuk's magical moves? Lidstrom's ability to be a perfect human? We love it. And people need to realize that in hockey it is alright to give credit where credit is due. Malkin will easily be the player of the year for Pitts; even if Cindy does come back.

Your rational post filled with truth & logic does not belong here. This is LGW for God's sake. Malkin is one step below Bantam level and he was owned by Conner & Mursak last night. Oh, and by the way Crosby is a *****, notice he was invisible on the ice last night. :yowza:
You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#287 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

He wasn't necessarily as bad with turnovers are you make him out to be. He made a few, but not a lot. That's to be expected when you're not playing with a concrete team - hell Pasha turned over the puck at least once, maybe twice and Kronner the same (which actually resulted in a goal for PIT). Besides the turnovers, he was looking really well and actually finished the game as +1. Also, nice to see Pasha as one of the three stars too! He looked so composed out there last night, very good to see.

Yes he was. Smith was giving away the puck nearly everytime he had it. Or he'd make a bone headed pass that was just dumb. His giveaway at the blueline on the PP was another example. Smith is far from NHL ready unless Babcock want's to run a torpedo system (4 forwards and 1 defensemen). Smith is bad defensively. He's completely overrated here. He was this bad in GR last year when I watched him. The only thing going for him is his age (young) and has time to improve. He is brilliant offensively.

As for solid defensemen last night, I give Commdore the nod. He wasn't really "noticable" unless you looking for him, the guy is HUGE and STRONG. He's a fricken wall and seemed to keep himself well positioned and did all the right things.

Stuart was bad. Kronwall was bad but showed flashes of brilliance. But the fact remains the same, Smith isn't NHL ready right now.

I really enjoyed watching Brunnstrom the most last night. Mursak was my 2nd favorite prospect to watch. Emmerton had some good shifts. Oh, and Holmstrom looked good on the 4th line. I was extremely disappointed with Eaves on the top line, I thought he'd do better.

#288 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

I wrote in and earlier post that Malkin was a beast last night. He's easily a top 10 forward in the league when he's on his game. Problem is with Malkin is he's an extremely streaky player (like most offensive talent), but I think the knock against Malkin is when he's not beasting, he's useless. When he's off his game he plays weak. You can point to Datsyuk and Zetterberg and make a case they are both streaky as well, but when they aren't scoring, they are still playing elite hockey and making stuff happen. And you can count on both Dats and Zetter to score a big goal in to clutch things up. Malkin you cannot.

But Malkin is fun to watch when he's on his game. He's also fun to make fun of when he goes into one of his frequent funks.

#289 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Yes he was. Smith was giving away the puck nearly everytime he had it. Or he'd make a bone headed pass that was just dumb. His giveaway at the blueline on the PP was another example. Smith is far from NHL ready unless Babcock want's to run a torpedo system (4 forwards and 1 defensemen). Smith is bad defensively. He's completely overrated here. He was this bad in GR last year when I watched him. The only thing going for him is his age (young) and has time to improve. He is brilliant offensively.

As for solid defensemen last night, I give Commdore the nod. He wasn't really "noticable" unless you looking for him, the guy is HUGE and STRONG. He's a fricken wall and seemed to keep himself well positioned and did all the right things.

Stuart was bad. Kronwall was bad but showed flashes of brilliance. But the fact remains the same, Smith isn't NHL ready right now.

I really enjoyed watching Brunnstrom the most last night. Mursak was my 2nd favorite prospect to watch. Emmerton had some good shifts. Oh, and Holmstrom looked good on the 4th line. I was extremely disappointed with Eaves on the top line, I thought he'd do better.

So this sort of shows me that you are hating on him more so because you think he is overrated on LGW. You have you and maybe another saying smith was awful but about 5-6 or more saying he looked good. The odds of that are a little slim that he was that bad. And looking at the numbers he only had 1 giveaway that was counted unless i missed it the whole game i didn't see it.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#290 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

Smith got himself in trouble a lot by holding the puck too long. Quick outlet passes boy!

esteef

#291 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

I wrote in and earlier post that Malkin was a beast last night. He's easily a top 10 forward in the league when he's on his game. Problem is with Malkin is he's an extremely streaky player (like most offensive talent), but I think the knock against Malkin is when he's not beasting, he's useless. When he's off his game he plays weak. You can point to Datsyuk and Zetterberg and make a case they are both streaky as well, but when they aren't scoring, they are still playing elite hockey and making stuff happen. And you can count on both Dats and Zetter to score a big goal in to clutch things up. Malkin you cannot.

But Malkin is fun to watch when he's on his game. He's also fun to make fun of when he goes into one of his frequent funks.

Valid points.

I did take a look back a few pages and I did love on him a bit much; almost troll like :blink:

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5, 22 September 2011 - 02:34 PM.

#292 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

So this sort of shows me that you are hating on him more so because you think he is overrated on LGW. You have you and maybe another saying smith was awful but about 5-6 or more saying he looked good. The odds of that are a little slim that he was that bad. And looking at the numbers he only had 1 giveaway that was counted unless i missed it the whole game i didn't see it.

You post to say that you think I'm hating on "X" player? Really? Hilarious! I'm being realistic and analyzing players the way I viewed it. I DVR'd the game to replay questionable plays so I can be clear on what I saw. I'm not gonna fabricate and say "X" player was beasting it up and will be the next Orr when they were below mediocre and underwhelming.

I also watch Smith in Grand Rapids, and, while he's a good skater and has good offense, he's a turnover machine and constantly makes boneheaded passes/plays. I'm sure not everyone gets to watch him several times per year like I have. Of course he has more upside and will improve. I'm hoping he becomes a top4 dman someday, and I'm sure he will if he improves his defense. But right now he's far from being NHL ready. He'd be an immediate liability if he were forced on the roster.

I understand why people are so high on him... because he's currently our best defenseman prospect. Some hope he will be as good as Kronwall someday, me included. But he's got a ways to go.

I'm not picking on Smith, but he's been a -minus player in the prospect tournament, and red and white game. Last night was his first + game.

#293 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

I don't have an opinion on how good Smith was yesterday. I just want to add that he's only 22. Kronwall and Ericsson were both 25 when they played their first full seasons in the NHL. Jakub Kindl was 23 when he played 48 games last season but got to play that much mainly because of injuries. Most likely Smith is not NHL ready yet, but that's nothing to worry about. It's not Wings' style to rush their prospects and they never have a reason to. Smith will play a season or two more in the AHL.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#294 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

Datsyuk's assist on Kronwalls goal if anyone is interested:

Amazing he only has to look once to know where the best pass is, where that target is going to be, and how to get it through at the right time.

Posted Image