• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#261 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

3 games for Jacques' hit? Gimme a break. Didn't his elbow look tucked before contact?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#262 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

Aaron Portzline:

#CBJ Dane Byers gets 3 games

#263 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

I guess this can go here.

Josh Rimer:

Winnipeg Jets forward Nik Antropov has been fined $2,500, for boarding Buffalo Sabres defenseman T.J. Brennan

Edited by Tim.D, 20 January 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#264 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Andrew Ference has been suspended for hit on Ryan McDonagh. No word on length yet.

Boston Bruins Official Twitter:

[Claude] Julien says the NHL has suspended Andrew Ference and he will be unavailable today.^BISH

#265 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

From TSN;

The NHL has suspended Minnesota Wild centre Warren Peters for one game after he cross-checked an opponent in the head.

The penalty was imposed Sunday. On Saturday night, Peters hit David Backes late in a 4-0 loss at St. Louis. Peters was given a game misconduct.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#266 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

From TSN:

Washington Capitals defenceman Mike Green has been suspended three games by the National Hockey League for his illegal hit on Tampa Bay Lightning forward Brett Connolly in Thursday's contest.

#267 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

From The Score:

The NHL has suspended Carolina Hurricanes centre Jeff Skinner 2 games for kicking Blues centre Scott Nichol late in the 2nd period of Thursday's game.

#268 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

From TSN:

Phoenix Coyotes forward Shane Doan has been suspended three games for elbowing Dallas forward Jamie Benn in Tuesday's 4-3 shootout loss to the Stars.

#269 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Duncan Keith suspended 5 games.

From NHL.com

Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith has been suspended, without pay, for five games for elbowing Vancouver Canucks forward Daniel Sedin during NHL game No. 1100 at Chicago on March 21, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced Friday.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and based on his average annual salary, Keith will forfeit $149,688.15. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 13:36 of the first period. Keith was assessed a minor penalty for elbowing on the play.

For a full explanation of the decision, complete with video, please click on the following link: http://video.nhl.com...id=60&id=167025

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#270 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Duncan Keith suspended 5 games.

From NHL.com

So how come Keith gets 5 games and Doan with previous suspensions only gets 3???? Get your head outta your ass Shanny......

Both elbows to the head, they should feed each players history into a computer and let the machine take all of the emotion out of it. With Doan's history, if 5 games to Keith's 5 games is proper then Doan should get 8 to 10 games...

#271 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

So how come Keith gets 5 games and Doan with previous suspensions only gets 3???? Get your head outta your ass Shanny......

Both elbows to the head, they should feed each players history into a computer and let the machine take all of the emotion out of it. With Doan's history, if 5 games to Keith's 5 games is proper then Doan should get 8 to 10 games...

Agreed.

To me Doan's was more egregious in that he stuck his elbow out as he flew past him. Keith was at least going in for a hit. And Sedin should have at least been fined for his hit to the head on Keith earlier. Keith was admiring his pass but it looked like Sedin threw a shoulder up to clip him in the head.

#272 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Keth has a history of targeted shots to the head, while Doan has a history of just being reckless.

Makes sense to me.

Posted Image

#273 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

I saw the Shanaban last night when he talked about why he suspended Duncan Keith. He just like, slowly and deliberately stated the obvious. You'd think he could articulate on it a little.

#274 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Keth has a history of targeted shots to the head, while Doan has a history of just being reckless.

Makes sense to me.

I'm not trying to defend anyone here but Keith has never been suspended, Doan has had a suspension and was fined recently. Personally I believe when ANY player targets the head or deliberately hits an opposing player in a manner that can cause serious injury, whether injury occurs or not they should get a minium of 10 games, second offense 20 games and third, banned form the league. I've seen what I consider dirty hits by both of these players and it's my opinion Doan got off pretty easy.

#275 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm not trying to defend anyone here but Keith has never been suspended, Doan has had a suspension and was fined recently. Personally I believe when ANY player targets the head or deliberately hits an opposing player in a manner that can cause serious injury, whether injury occurs or not they should get a minium of 10 games, second offense 20 games and third, banned form the league. I've seen what I consider dirty hits by both of these players and it's my opinion Doan got off pretty easy.

How do you determine was is deliberate? Was Smith's hit deliberate? The head can be hit regardless of the hitter's intention. Having a system like you outlined would be terrible for players because hits to the head can be accidental, even if they look deliberate to a person.

At the beginning of the season there was a lot of discussion about there being to many suspensions that were to long, and now many fans want longer suspensions. Because intent is never known, all hits have to be punished similarly. Therefore, many unintentional hits are punished already.

#276 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

How do you determine was is deliberate? Was Smith's hit deliberate? The head can be hit regardless of the hitter's intention. Having a system like you outlined would be terrible for players because hits to the head can be accidental, even if they look deliberate to a person.

At the beginning of the season there was a lot of discussion about there being to many suspensions that were to long, and now many fans want longer suspensions. Because intent is never known, all hits have to be punished similarly. Therefore, many unintentional hits are punished already.

There are many times when it is obvious that a player deliberately sticks out a knee, lifts an elbow to the head or pounds a player into the boards. Both Keith and Doan deliberately elbowed the player in the head and the player that recieved the elbow could have had their career ended because some ******* wants to be f***in dirty. From what I have read, Keith was retaliating for a previous dirty hit by Sedin. So, have enough respect for yourself to drop the gloves and kick the s*** out of him.

#277 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

From NHL:

Minnesota Wild defenseman Nate Prosser has been suspended for one game, without pay, for head-butting Chicago Blackhawks forward Jamal Mayers during NHL Game #1210 in St. Paul on Thursday, April 5, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

#278 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

This thread should have an update that includes Brooks Orpik.

#279 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

This thread should have an update that includes Brooks Orpik.

I won't repeat the whole post I made in the Penguins thread about this, but it's here if anyone wants to read it.

But Shanny was on NHL live explaining why there was no suspension. Basically the GM's only wanted him to get involved with the most blatant and severe knee on knees. Based on the criteria they agreed on, this didn't meet it.

#280 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

From TSN:

Rangers forward Carl Hagelin was suspended for three games by the NHL on Sunday for elbowing Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson in the head during New York's loss in Game 2 of the first-round Eastern Conference series.

Hagelin apologized earlier Sunday, after a telephone hearing with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan, and hoped to avoid punishment beyond the major penalty he served Saturday night. But instead, he will miss the next three games of the best-of-seven series.

The Senators didn't escape unscathed, either, as defenceman Matt Carkner was given a one-game suspension Sunday for his role in a one-sided fight he started against Rangers forward Brian Boyle just 2:15 into Game 2. Carkner was given a major penalty for fighting, and was ejected.