• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

The Official NHL Suspension Thread

Rate this topic

From tonight's Flyers Pens game. Don't know that it's suspension-worthy because he missed, but this seemed like the best place for it. And it's certainly a cheapshot attempt from Malkin. He and Giroux had been battling during the play.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Breaking News: Its happening too much.

Also at 11, there are ways to state an opinion without being a complete prick. You might wanna tune in at 11 for that.

Referees have gotten calls wrong on a consistent basis for many different things ever since the league was around.

To say that the NHL is turning into the no hit league (which in itself is ridiculous considering how many big, legal hits there have been this season) because of a single bad call by a referee is pretty silly.

It's not being a prick, it's stating that what you witnessed isn't a shocking occurrence.

Not really suspension worthy since he mostly missed, but it's a knee on knee attempt.

He got 2 mins for tripping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-9J5T_rwJM&feature=player_embedded

I think the NHL should take action in these situations as well. You want those types of plays out of the game, suspend the players who perform them, even if they miss.

I think the NHL should take action in these situations as well. You want those types of plays out of the game, suspend the players who perform them, even if they miss.

I agree, but don't see it happening.

Lucic and Malkin should get a fine, and be considered repeat offenders if and when they do get suspended.

I agree, but don't see it happening.

Lucic and Malkin should get a fine, and be considered repeat offenders if and when they do get suspended.

We always talk that the NHL should suspend the action, not the consequence. Well, we have the actions without the consequences. So either "people" need to stick to their guns about suspending the act or hop on the NHL wheel of justice suspensions for consequences.

(not directed at you harold FYI)

I'm curious why people think the Bruins get special treatment just for being the Bruins.

perhaps it's because they get away with murder, when other teams would have players suspended for same thing.

see: Lucic. just to name most recent example.

I'm curious why people think the Bruins get special treatment just for being the Bruins.

Did they call Shanahan and threaten to beat him up if he suspended anyone?

Isn't it obvious? This happened over two decades ago and he's still afraid to face the Bruins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W03md4_Hr8A

Probably a suspension coming to McQuaid:

A very Ovechkin like knee on knee

I like McQuaid, but there is nothing accidental about that. Pretty cheap s*** if you ask me. A few games seems fair. Better believe he'll have to answer for that one the next time these teams match up.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Lucic should be getting a suspension for his cheap ass hit on Rinaldo earlier today. Can't find a video just yet. Seeing how McQuaid got away with murdering Foligno's knee, who knows if Lucic will even get a call.

Not the best video, but clearly from behind. He got 5 and a game.

I don't think he's considered a repeat offender since he didn't get anything for running Miller. Though he was fined last season for a suckerpunch and taunting the bench afterwards and suspended the season before that for crosschecking Lapierre in the neck and head.

I think McQuaid got very lucky because Foligno just got a charley horse on the play. The league really goes by severity of the injury it seems, which I disagree with. Sticking out a knee like that can be a career-ender. they shouldn't let a guy off easy because this time it didn't.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I love when spot pickers (Horton) gets their ass handed to them after trying to spot pick.

As for Lucic, he probably will get a game or two after most of the GMs voiced their displeasure at how SHanny handled the previous Lucic incident.

Agreed.

Honestly 5 and a game is probable enough for that hit. But Lucic should be a repeat offender and it's a chance for Shanny to right his wrong on the Miller hit. I wonder if the explanation for letting Lucic off there is Shanny doesn't really believe in the rule about goalies not being hit out of the crease. Because whether people agree with the rule or not, miller was not eligible to be hit, there was clear intent, a blow to the head, and it resulted in injury. That pretty much covers all the criteria for suspension.

I liked Lucic when he first came into the league, hoping he would be a power forward in the mold of someone like Shanahan. But the dirty hits, taunting, spot picking is all starting to pile up for me.

Anyone think Rene Bourque will get a call tomorrow? Can't post YT from my phone but he got 5 and a game for a boarding call. Pretty nasty.

Edited by Tim.D

Anyone think Rene Bourque will get a call tomorrow? Can't post YT from my phone but he got 5 and a game for a boarding call. Pretty nasty.

I hope so. Usually, I'm pretty critical of how they determine suspensions (I don't believe you can suspend a guy for a hit because the receiver of the hit is injured. Neither do I believe a suspension of a bad hit should be longer because the guy was injured on the play. Suspend for the action, not the result, and I will always stick by this). Bourque's hit was dangerous and is a textbook example of what I (As well as many others) would like to see out of the game. A few games seems fair.