redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

nhl.com

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats Nick!

Edited by redwingslady87, 21 October 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#2 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Let's honor him with a 1500-0 win!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#3 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

An amazing number for sure. An interesting fact I read somewhere about this is that Nick will be the third ever player to play over 1500 games and only play for one team in his entire career, and the other two have also been Wings (Delvecchio and Yzerman). Ray Bourque is the only player to have played over 1500 games for a single franchise that isn't the Red Wings, with Howe also joining into that 4 (now 5 with Nick) player group. Pretty impressive in my opinion, and really just says something about this organisation and the respect it has always shown to those who served it well.

Let's have a good one for el Capitan! :siren:

#4 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

An amazing number for sure. An interesting fact I read somewhere about this is that Nick will be the third ever player to play over 1500 games and only play for one team in his entire career, and the other two have also been Wings (Delvecchio and Yzerman). Ray Bourque is the only player to have played over 1500 games for a single franchise that isn't the Red Wings, with Howe also joining into that 4 (now 5 with Nick) player group. Pretty impressive in my opinion, and really just says something about this organisation and the respect it has always shown to those who served it well.

Let's have a good one for el Capitan! :siren:

Of the 15 players who have played 1499 games, nine were Wings at some point. Three (Delvecchio, Yzerman, Lidstrom) spent their entire career as Wings. None of the other 12 stayed with a single team; only Howe and Bourque add to the list of players ahead of Lidstrom in games played for a single team.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#5 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

:clap: Well done Sir!!

#6 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

Nick's the man, was the man, is the man. We're all better for having watched him play for our team all these years. I look forward to seeing #5 in the rafters, though I hope it's still a few seasons away.

FTLA:

It's fun -- as long as he's not beating you at the time. The Pittsburgh Penguins apparently weren't happy with Lidstrom somehow touching the puck while he was still in the penalty box during a pre-season game, but their pleas fell on deaf ears.

"The referee came by and said, ‘What's the difference? He's won seven Norris Trophies,'" Babcock recalled. "He said, ‘He can do whatever he wants. That's the 'Seven Norris Trophy Rule.'"

LOL. :clap:

Edited by Electrophile, 22 October 2011 - 03:26 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#7 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

I don't think there's one red wings fan out there that would shake his/her head at a 7 year, 35 million dollar deal signed after this year to get Nick to 2000 games.

I've been wanting Holland to lock this guy up for multiple seasons for the past 4 seasons. Electrophile just said it best = Nick's the man.

#8 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Congrats Nick! Lets get a W in celebration!
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#9 bigbear150otd

bigbear150otd

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

Congrats!

#10 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

1500 games
255 goals
857 assists
1112 ponts
+431
488 penalty minutes
129 power play goals
10 short handed goals
35 game winning goals
3743 shots
0.74 point per game pace

Oh and he can probably kegel 89 pounds.

Edited by Red Wings Addict, 23 October 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#11 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

congrats nick
wish the game had a different outcome and instead come out with a W...