• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

lfd250

NHL Press Confrence Tomorrow at 3

Rate this topic

Downtown Pittsburgh has been rejuvenated over the last few years. I was out there last April for the PMEA All-State Chorus with my student who made it for the second time and it is quite nice. The new convention center and adjoining hotel complex was top notch, and everything in walking distance was pretty nice. My Zetterberg jersey drew some nasty looks but when I was in Primanti's with my student the owner was impressed that a Wings fan knew about the dark days of Dick Tarnstrom leading the Pens in scoring. The area is starting to upswing a bit.

Apart from the whole steel industry issue, the decline in population could aslo be due to people moving to the burbs. If you use Detroit as an example, the population in 1950 was almost 1.9 million, now it's about 700k, however, the population of the entire metro area has actually grown.

Anyway, the reason for holding the draft in Pittsburgh has everything to do with the new arena....nothing else really. They'll likely get an allstar game there sometime soon as well.