• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

top NCAA free agent to the wings?

Rate this topic

The fact that he lists Jersey Shore as one of his favorite TV shows is far more bothersome/worrisome to me than his alleged taste for Mary Jane. Though both habits are fixable for sure.

Anyways, how can the Wings win the bidding war on him? Money can't have all that much to do with it. An entry-level contract can only go so high right?

So is it NHL playing time? I'm sure he's very aware that if he signs to be a Red Wing that he won't have his theoretical first full year in the NHL for at least 3 years if we assume he's an NHL player. He'll receive some very good refinement in the AHL but maybe he isn't willing to wait that long.

Or maybe he's hell bent on being a Red Wing. I suppose that's what many here including myself hope for his intentions.

All the wing prospects like Jersey shore sorry but you should be extremely concerned for the future :lol:

But yeah Dekeyser is likely a wing, he will probably be smart enough to realize there isnt really any prospects even close to the NHL besides Smith and he'll step in as the number 2 dman prospect/1st call up while getting to stay near home.

I dont have the link handy but I remember reading that the Wings brass weren't too happy with his lack of use in Sweden this season and will look to bring him over. I didn't mean to make it sound so a matter of fact in the previous post. I meant it more as my opinion. From what I remember the article noted they will try and bring him over. I just see it happening

I dont have the link handy but I remember reading that the Wings brass weren't too happy with his lack of use in Sweden this season and will look to bring him over. I didn't mean to make it sound so a matter of fact in the previous post. I meant it more as my opinion. From what I remember the article noted they will try and bring him over. I just see it happening

Yeah I read that article. I had a feeling that's where you got it. I need to find it and read it again because I don't remember them saying they will try to bring him over but rather that he would be the PP QB for GR. And yeah he would definitely get some PP time in GR. Yet in every other situation I worry for him because he's still too small and too slow.

But if they think he can survive in the AHL then he's probably at least capable enough to endure the growing pains. I don't have the same knowledge they do. Based on my limited knowledge of his situation, I think he should move to another team in the SEL. I don't know how easy that is but it's a good option imo.

http://watch.tsn.ca/clip576992#clip576975

Sounds promising, could use some defensive prospects because outside of Smith, theres not much to write home about. Sproul and OUelette are solid but nothing to really write home about

Ummmm, Ouelette is having an amazing season and might be the best Defenseman in the system after Smith. Sproul is playing well, and Almqvist likely will be a third line paring guy... If the Wings can swing Suter, or Weber the following year... the blueline should be pretty well packed but thin requiring some Commodore like signings. I wouldn't say they are nothing to write home about.

I compiled some notes from George Malik as he made some observations at the Red Wings Prospect Camp from July 7 - July 14.

However, Malik's ability to assess real talent is pretty much as good as any Wings fan who has an amateur knowledge of the game and a strong interest in Wings prospects. If a fan of that sort had access to the prospects camp they could probably come up with similar notes.

I remember the Malik updates. I mean, he seems like he is embedded in the organization... but I don't think he would be much more than Excelby replacement.

And oh, working link.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2245427

I put this up a few weeks ago... According to my buddies female acquaintance (Dan's Sister) it's gonna be Detroit or Tampa, Detroit for the obvious reason's and Tampa because Yzerman pretty much guaranteed him immediate NHL time.

It's nice that it seems more and more a possibility of happening. I have watched a few WMU games since my buddy told me about him and he does look pretty dominant out there. He also invited me to the NCAA Championship if WMU makes it. If they make the Frozen four, he is going to Florida to watch him as well. (I cannot make that trip.)

I think this would be a great signing...

Edited by LeftWinger

Ummmm, Ouelette is having an amazing season and might be the best Defenseman in the system after Smith. Sproul is playing well, and Almqvist likely will be a third line paring guy... If the Wings can swing Suter, or Weber the following year... the blueline should be pretty well packed but thin requiring some Commodore like signings. I wouldn't say they are nothing to write home about.

Yeah I posted that in November before Ouellet started tearing up, but still hes not some absolutely AMAZING prospect. Theres plenty of questions about his game andhes playing in the q which worries me as well.

I'm also not sold at all on Almqvist.. small, slow and soft isnt a great combo at all

Yeah I posted that in November before Ouellet started tearing up, but still hes not some absolutely AMAZING prospect. Theres plenty of questions about his game andhes playing in the q which worries me as well.

I'm also not sold at all on Almqvist.. small, slow and soft isnt a great combo at all

Oullets been good...even showing a willingness to drop the mitts which is always good.

your all forgetting about what will be the steal of last years draft, Alexei Marchenko.

He's back on the ice after having his knee sorted out, hopefully he'll get back to his

old self pretty quick, already been called back up to his KHL side CSKA after a few games

with the jnr set up.