• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Coyotes 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Detroit is putting on a show with these shootout goals the last few times. I just can't believe how slick Bertuzzi's moves are. He doesn't get as much praise as Datsyuk, but the guy is a blast to watch when he gets going. Been one of the best players overall this whole season, except for a quiet stretch during November or so.

EDIT: Parity in the league is insane. I can't believe we basically go up and down between 1st and 5th just based on a couple teams playing games one night vs. the night before.

Edited by VM1138

i feel bad for pavel. i hope this makes him come up with a new sick breakaway move.

I blame the wind.

Anyone else wish they'd count shootout stats in personal records? At the very least for the guy who scores the game winner? Seems like Bert has a few in the shootout this season and that should really be reflected somewhere in the stats, I think.

THE CENTRAL DIVISION LOGJAM

TEAM GP W-L-OT P L10 STREAK

DET 47 31-15-1 63 8-2-0 WON 5

STL 46 28-12-6 62 7-1-2 WON 3

CHI 47 28-13-6 62 5-3-2 WON 2

NSH 47 27-16-4 58 8-2-0 WON 1

1/18

BUF @ CHI 2-6

1/19

NSH @ CLB 3-0

EDM @ STL 0-1

DET @ PHX 3-2

1/20

FLA @ CHI (8:30 PM)

1/21

CLB @ DET (7:00 PM)

BUF @ STL (8:00 PM)

CHI @ NSH (8:00 PM)

No, not that I can remember. He only breaks it out every once in a blue moon but when he does use it it's automatic. He maybe got in a little too close and couldn't elevate it this time around, but Smith did a nice job.

Yeah, he didn't elevate it as high as he normally does. Smith stayed in the goal well enough too. Usually the goalies tend to over commit and it leaves more of an opening.

Just got home from the game. What a sick move by Bertuzzi. Pavel is amazing in person, as was Howard! Great game. The arena was near full, due to the obscene amount of Wings fan.

What!! you only live a block away? how in the heck did you get home so quick? Would take me 4 1/2 hours to get home from

a RW's game.

Yeah, he didn't elevate it as high as he normally does. Smith stayed in the goal well enough too. Usually the goalies tend to over commit and it leaves more of an opening.

Agreed. At full speed it was hard to pick up, but Smith actually looked like me may have anticipated that move, he went into the butterfly and started to lean forward, but when he saw the toe drag he was still in a good enough position to react and push across the crease, barely got his glove up in time. I think that is Pavel shoots it sooner, he still would have beat him.

Agreed. At full speed it was hard to pick up, but Smith actually looked like me may have anticipated that move, he went into the butterfly and started to lean forward, but when he saw the toe drag he was still in a good enough position to react and push across the crease, barely got his glove up in time. I think that is Pavel shoots it sooner, he still would have beat him.

Ah yeah, I'm pretty sure Smith was also bracing for something crazy, seeing how he did get embarrassed pretty bad in the last shootout. Pavel maybe does that move once a season at the most, I feel robbed to not have seen that one going in. Here's to Pavel giving it another shot at least one more time this season :thumbup:

i feel bad for pavel. i hope this makes him come up with a new sick breakaway move.

Yeah we've seen them score on some solid moves. Nothing we haven't seen before though. It'd be nice if one of them would come up with a new move but they have bigger fish to fry.

Pav's go to move is where he fakes hard to backhand and either shovels it in or quickly brings it back to the forehand. Sometimes he just flat out shoots it. If the moment is right, he'll try the move he did tonight. The Turco-Vokoun-Harding toe drag. He's also pulled off the Linus Omark.

Hudler likes to shoot sometimes. Other than that we've only seen him do a fake to the forehand and then finish with the backhand and he's pretty solid with that move.

Bert likes to go wide a lot. He can then pull off the spin o rama like he did tonight or just shoot it wherever he sees a hole. I like the one where he goes in REALLY, really slow and then stickhandles a storm at the crease.

Zetterberg's main move is where he fakes the forehand and then finishes with the backhand. He's only pulled off the Nilsson-Forsberg move twice when it counts. Other than that he's scored some pretty awkward shootout goals.

I think the newest move (as in, the move that's the newest to Wings fans) is the one where Bert goes in really slow. I hope one of them comes up with something fancy but like I said, they got bigger fish to fry.

On Smith's save on Pasha's try:

Smith didn't bite as hard as Turdco or Vokoun. Plus Smith is a big, lanky, long-reach guy. Size had a lot to do with it too, and you can't coach size.