• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Riley Sheahan signs tryout contract with Griffins

Rate this topic

How good a skater is Sheahan? Just curious since its the most important attribute for a centre under Babcocks system.

I watched his first game and while he didnt seem to get a lot of icetime, while he was out there he looked like that was a pretty strong attribute. Not super fast but solid speed and strong on his feet

Yeah, I'm interested to see what happens. It seems like he could go either way; just be a shut-down guy, or maybe he develops the offense too. I hope so!

I'd be more than happy if he developed a scoring touch, but there isn't much evidence of it yet. With the Wings' weakness at the 4c position, I'm hoping he can develop quickly.

Sheahan signed with Grand Rapids, not Detroit, so the Wings can't call him up at all this season. It seems like, as someone speculated in another thread, that they're keeping a contract spot open for free agent Danny DeKeyser from WMU. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with Detroit as soon as Western's NCAA run is over.

Riley played well last night, he was strong on the puck, had good hockey sense, and was even on the point for the number 1 pp unit... Overall I was impressed with his toughness and think he will be a good hard nosed player who will chip in offensively

Riley played well last night, he was strong on the puck, had good hockey sense, and was even on the point for the number 1 pp unit... Overall I was impressed with his toughness and think he will be a good hard nosed player who will chip in offensively

Hes only just getting into the pro game so I dont expect him to be that physical yet, once he adjusts a bit more he should be playing more like he was at Notre Dame where he was definitely a physical guy. He hasnt thrownn many big hits but he is already VERY good along the boards against older, pro dmen. He also has had guys try to hit him and they just bounce off. He could be a physical force in the future.

I could actually see him being sort of like Bertuzzi is now. Bert is hard to get the puck off of down low, he will throw the odd big hit and can scrap when he needs to but hes no Milan Lucic. Sheahan in his prime should be a bit more physical and obviously miles ahead defensively but offensively I could see Sheahan putting up about 50 points and bring roughly the same physical game Bert brings now