• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#101 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Sources are saying that Daniel Sedin will not recover in time to participate in any of this series, let alone the next two games.

#102 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

This just in. Canucks' goalie, Roberto Luongo has been reported as missing. He was last seen leaving the locker room, en route to the rink for practice, according to a team representative. Law enforcement officers are baffled.
Posted Image

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#103 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Sources are saying that Daniel Sedin will not recover in time to participate in any of this series, let alone the next two games.

Devastating. That's like the Wings losing Zetts for a series.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#104 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Wait... there's going to be more of this series after the next two? :blink: I thought it was supposed to be over after LA won four.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#105 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Like I said in the Pens thread, I can't believe this is happening.

#106 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I didn't see this happening, I thought it would be at least a split.

Devastating news about Daniel Sedin, Keith shouldn't be playing.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#107 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Some of my friends who are Vancouver fans are relating their playoff run this year to the Wings in 2002 (lose first two games at home, go on a mean streak and win 8 straight games to the WCF) and 2008 (struggling Hasek; Osgood steps in; Luongo-Schneider).

bringit.jpg

#108 cvv8

cvv8

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Besides the Wings' win, the best part of these playoffs so far has to be all the Canucks fans on twitter whining, and the Kings official account continuing to troll them all.

#109 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

I say LA in 6 now.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#110 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Interesting insight into why people hate the Canucks - this is from another (non-hockey) board. The poster is a cop in Edmonton.

I am also an Oiler season ticket holder. I don't enjoy going to Canucks games in Edmonton because there is always someone being lead away in handcuffs in a Canucks jersey. I don't see that occuring in the other 36 odd home games we have. It is almost like Canucks fans have a sense of entitlement.

Lastly, I use to work on the Oilers website. We had so much trouble with Canucks fans. In fact, there was one posting that the images that were put up were so bad the RCMP got involved and charged the person. To this day I am still sick to my stomach when I think of what he posted. I didn't think I'd ever see something like that in my lifetime.

I didn't always feel this way about the Canucks or their fans. It must be the current chemistry of the team and their fan base that turns me off. I also wish I felt different.

Ironically, when the Oilers went to game seven in the SCF we had a mini riot on Whyte Avenue. 40 odd people were arrested and charged. What was so interesting about this was it was revealed in the following months that more than 3/4s of those arrested were from BC. The police didn't have an answer for it but they were surprised by the demographics

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#111 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

After much speculation over Vancouver's goaltending situation, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault appears to have made up his mind regarding Sunday night's Game 3 in Los Angeles.

With the Canucks trailing 2-0 after losing the first two games of the series at home, Cory Schneider will get the start in place of Roberto Luongo for Game 3.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=8645

#112 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'd like to see this series follow the Philly Pitts pattern. :cool:

#113 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,577 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Is it that time of year already where they're deciding what to do about Luongo?

#114 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Not sure if I get it. Luongo really hasn't been the problem.

#115 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Vigneault is probably just trying to shake things up. He really has nothing to lose by putting Schnieder in. He's as good as Luongo IMO. He was 20-8-1 with a .937 save percentage and less than 2 goals a game during the regular season.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 15 April 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#116 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Clifford still out after hit from Bitz.

#117 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Game 3 about to get underway.

#118 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,577 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Kings weathered the storm in the first period. Looked outmatched for the first half but slowly came around and got a few good chances.

Quick with some huge saves though to keep the score at zero.

#119 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Burrows fights Kopitar after a clean hit by Brown on Sedin. f*** the Canucks, c'mon LA.

#NOMOREKINDL

#120 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,577 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

Brown destroyed H Sedin.

Prior to that Kesler loses a faceoff to Richards and then spears him in the nuts.