• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

#1401 swptwo

swptwo

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Win.

One game played: down one game. Thud! (((sigh))) Really one sided officiating (so what else is new, eh?) is partly responsible but plainly the Plods played tough, too. Anyway, the PK was solid, -- golly, it had to be -- the loss notwithstanding. Puzzles me why the Wings struggle to win in that building, though. Seems like they always have.

Edited by swptwo, 11 April 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#1402 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

If it were one of Nashville's scrubs that did it they might get a game or two, but since it was Weber he might get a fine but will not be suspended. Anyone remember the 2nd round in '09 when Niedermayer gave Datsyuk a blatant elbow to the head at the end of game 6?(he of course faced no discipline whatsoever) Bettman will not suspend any star player unless he absolutely cannot avoid it

oh, and Weber won't face any reprisal from any Wings' player either, this team doesn't have anybody for that

And don't forget Malkin in 2009!
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#1403 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Never worked in the first place.

Those "useless 4th liners" on Nashville sure made us look bad tonight. Bourque, Halischuk, Yip, and even that retard Gaustad had good games. First goal wouldn't have happened if Gaustad and company didn't get in on the forecheck and cause the turnover.

Definitely.

Both goals were a result of their guys winning puck battles behind the net and throwing it out front. Some dull people here call it luck, but that's how playoff goals are scored. Winning puck battles and getting rewarded with bounces.

But I can't blame our 4th line for blowing this game. The Datsyuk line was terrible all game and Babcock needs to change things up.

Stuart needs to either unpack his bags or sit. He was on the ice for both goals and lost those puck battles.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1404 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

ye you just watch yrf****** beloved emerton and the company playing NHL hockey, NO desire No heart No respect for the game, just a bunch of boys runing around or better say pushed around.

Lol

#1405 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

With the Media and ex player already calling for a suspension or at least a game or two.....

Its pretty hard for the NHL to walk away from that and do nothing. JR might have really helped us here.

#1406 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbpvIRLVkJ4

Thxs for posting. Dirty *****
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#1407 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Things i noticed from tonight.

Helm is our bottom 6.
Aside from size, Rinne is average at best.
#40 and # 13 are the top 6.
Stuart obviously can't handle a long distance relationship.
I'll take Holmstrom at 39 years old over Emmerton, and Hudler at any age.
I want to say something good about Franzen.... but i can't.

How to beat the Wings? clog the middle and goon it up.

#1408 mance

mance

Draftee

• 5 posts

oh, and Weber won't face any reprisal from any Wings' player either, this team doesn't have anybody for that

Not even from Bert?

#1409 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

71 page GDT good effort LGW.

Good effort from the wings, I'm actually more confident moving forward in this series now than I was before game 1 started.
Especially when Webber gets suspended (you would think so anyway)

Go Wings!

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#1410 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

My view of the game:

Absolutely ridiculous calls BOTH ways by the refs. Some of the penalties weren't even penalties. Why does this stupid ref s*** happen in round one every year? It's like they decide to call everyf****** thing in the Wings series (don't know if it goes on in the other round 1 series the past several years).

The wings weren't that bad, but they had 1 bad defensive play that cost them the game winner. Otherwise they matched Nashville I thought. The wings still aren't playing like they can. They didn't get much of anything on Rinne. On the rare occasion they got second shots on goal they almost scored or did score. They really have to pressure more. They better steal game 2 otherwise there will be a lot of panic. We are better at home but we have been losing home games as well.

Nashville isn't that great of a team in my view. They're scrappy but they aren't a 'great' team by any means. They're no vancouver-like team.

It's frustrating to watch every 2 or 3 minutes another penalty being called. The refs have GOT to use discretion. It was ridiulous.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1411 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Holy s***e helm in surgery

#1412 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

I will say this about the wings, their style worked very well for them pre salary cap and for the first couple of years, but now teams have adjusted. Today's hockey is more about speed and grinding games out than high skill talent. I think the wings FINALLY have to go the route of getting bigger and faster. The flashy plays don't work anymore. Teams like nashville clog up everything so those flashy plays only work when the other team breaks down.

I never bought into us needing to be bigger and hit more, but I think as this salary cap era goes on, that'll become more and more important.

It's sad when getting a 3rd/4th liner back in Helm is sooo crucial to the team. Losing one or two of those guys was never a problem in years past.

Edited by Firehawk, 11 April 2012 - 10:07 PM.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1413 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

can someone just run over that pice of s*** by name Beber or Weber

#1414 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

What do you think the chances of Webber getting suspended though? Slim at best IMO. Plus I can see how he might think he was boardedfrim behind by Z, even if the "retaliation" was a little too far.

#1415 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Definitely.

Both goals were a result of their guys winning puck battles behind the net and throwing it out front. Some dull people here call it luck, but that's how playoff goals are scored. Winning puck battles and getting rewarded with bounces.

But I can't blame our 4th line for blowing this game. The Datsyuk line was terrible all game and Babcock needs to change things up.

Stuart needs to either unpack his bags or sit. He was on the ice for both goals and lost those puck battles.

he was on the ice for all 3 goals and looked horrible all night, hope he does indeed bolt for the west coast in the summer; to me he turned one decent playoff run in '08 into a 4 yr. $15mil pile of s***... mediocre s***

#1416 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Don't take moral victories LGW Rinne made some insane saves and we gave up 3 s*** goals, two of which that were the definition of fluke. Friday is going to be really really important obviously. Zetterberg can't win a series himself. And lo And behold the goal that did us in was a result of bad team defense that's the difference between now and 08...Oh and Franzen being completely invisible that he makes Joe Thornton look clutch.

#1417 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

can someone just run over that pice of s*** by name Beber or Weber

I feel you, but that's not how this team is coached.

Personally, I'd like to see someone pull a "Nancy Kerrigan" on his knee before the game.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 11 April 2012 - 10:08 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1418 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Babcock says Helm in hospital, undergoing surgery on forearm. Doesn't know if any tendons cut
"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli

#1419 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Definitely.

Definitely can't blame the 4th line. Dats had a few chances, but blew a couple key important faceoffs in Nashville's zone late.

The refs destroyed the flow. To be honest, only 3 or 4 of those penalties were actual penalties.

Say what you want about Homer, but he had a good game. Causing problems in front, and ultimately gets rewarded.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1420 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

he was on the ice for all 3 goals and looked horrible all night, hope he does indeed bolt for the west coast in the summer; to me he turned one decent playoff run in '08 into a 4 yr. $15mil pile of s***... mediocre s***

He has been dead to me since the '09 playoffs.