• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

2012 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Rate this topic

I didn't see a topic on this, so I made one. Round One is tomorrow (Friday) on NBC Sports Network at 7pm. Rounds 2-7 will be broadcast on NHL Network and CBC on Saturday. ISS Top 50 Final Rankings here.

Edited by Matt

I didn't see a topic on this, so I made one. Round One is tomorrow (Friday) on NBC Sports Network at 7pm. Rounds 2-7 will be broadcast on NHL Network and CBC on Saturday. ISS Top 50 Final Rankings here.

I'm dissapointed the second day won't be on NBCSN, and it doesn't appear that nhl.com will be streaming the second day.

I'm dissapointed the second day won't be on NBCSN, and it doesn't appear that nhl.com will be streaming the second day.

Day 2 is either on CBC or CNBC... I'm not sure which lol

I'll be there with my son in our Red Wings jerseys on Saturday. My son's middle name is Yzerman and I'm hoping that I can get Stevie to autograph a copy of his birth certificate, although I don't know how realistic that goal is.

You sir are a cool dad!

I hope the oilers trade down and take Ryan Murray. I do not want him wasting away in Columbus. I'd rather them get Yakupov. Murray and Forsberg are going to be the 2 best players in the draft.

Just a quick note: Though I'm trying to slowly weed out "mega-threads" on the forums, a pinned "Draft" discussion topic like this one fits when discussing the draft as a whole.

In the case of Red Wings draft picks, they can each have their own separate thread to discuss them (meaning: 2nd round pick gets a thread, 3rd round pick gets a thread, and so on.)

Thanks!

Just a quick note: Though I'm trying to slowly weed out "mega-threads" on the forums, a pinned "Draft" discussion topic like this one fits when discussing the draft as a whole.

In the case of Red Wings draft picks, they can each have their own separate thread to discuss them (meaning: 2nd round pick gets a thread, 3rd round pick gets a thread, and so on.)

Thanks!

OK, so we'll just use this thread to discuss other teams picks pretty much then?

OK, so we'll just use this thread to discuss other teams picks pretty much then?

I believe he's saying exactly that. Red Wings draft picks can hold their own thread, because they should be discussed privately and in their own way. The draft in general, can be talked about with this thread, as it is a general thread. Inwhich all talk regarding the draft, picks, etc will be discussed here.

I believe he's saying exactly that. Red Wings draft picks can hold their own thread, because they should be discussed privately and in their own way. The draft in general, can be talked about with this thread, as it is a general thread. Inwhich all talk regarding the draft, picks, etc will be discussed here.

Alright, that sounds good. I've dug around for some news this morning!

• Stephane Leroux of RDS reports that it is likely that the Habs take Finnish forward Teuvo Teravainen as their first-round selection.
  • Oilers' GM Steve Tambellini said yesterday in a press conference that he will NOT trade away the first-overall draft pick, but he will not say who he will chose.

Really hoping Martin Frk is there when the Wings pick 49th.

Yeah, he was ranked in the top 30 earlier this year, and if we can grab him at 49, that could be a good steal.

TSN has Mikhail Grigorenko final ranking #12 but there mock has him going #17 to the sharks noway he falls that far with the caps picking @ #11

I'm told that the Caps are going to pick an offensive-defenceman with their 11th-overall pick.

Edited by Tim.D

^ This is correct. I don't doubt that there will be Red Wings selection discussion leading up to their picks. Once the pick is made we'll have to try to steer discussion pertaining directly to that pick to a newly created thread via a link in a post within this thread and go from there.

Great call Matt, I never like the mega threads like the one discussing all summer signings, its the off season the big ones like Karlsson, Harding deserve their own threads and it probably stimulates more discussion and activity that was as well.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I'm told that the Caps are going to pick an offensive-defenceman with their 11th-overall pick.

oh i was just saying that because he's russian and the caps like to pick them

any chance the redwings move up in the draft ???? i heard grigorenko might fall to the 20s and if thats the case id take a chance on him although i dont think wings would trade up to get in the first round ..... more realistic options id like them to go for is ulf samuelssons kid henrik samuelsson whos a power forward with an edge and also swedish goaltender oscar dansk

where you hear that?? heard they might take griffith reinhart , wouldnt be suprised if they traded the pick to drop down a few spots

Oilers' GM Steve Tambellini is NOT going to trade down. He has said that himself. And Ryan Murray's brother tweeted something about making trips to Alberta in the near future.

Oilers' GM Steve Tambellini is NOT going to trade down. He has said that himself. And Ryan Murray's brother tweeted something about making trips to Alberta in the near future.

well i heard he might trade down if he could get something good because theyd be happy with murray or reinhart but then again maybe they told murray theyd be drafting him 1st overall already .... we'll see what happens

well i heard he might trade down if he could get something good because theyd be happy with murray or reinhart but then again maybe they told murray theyd be drafting him 1st overall already .... we'll see what happens

honestly, if i was the oilers gm, i'd take Ryan Murray in a heartbeat. as i said earlier, i strongly believe that Murray and Forsberg will end up being the gems of this draft. Reinhart, Dumba and Galynchuk <----spelling? should also be top quality players.

The best player in the draft though will undoubtedly end up in the Wild's system :notworthy: