• This topic is locked This topic is locked
427 replies to this topic

#361 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

But there could be the fear that he'll play for a year under contract, and if he doesn't like it then he bolts to the KHL where he doesn't have to work as hard, and the Wings (or whoever signed him) lose him for nothing.

True but its not like we are giving assets to acquire him. If he bolts he bolts and we dont have to get rid of his contract or pay him if it doesnt work.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#362 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

I really thought by now that he would have bolted to the khl.
IPB Image

#363 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

True but its not like we are giving assets to acquire him. If he bolts he bolts and we dont have to get rid of his contract or pay him if it doesnt work.

Agreed.

I just meant that you think you've got a player locked up for a certain number of years and then suddenly there's a hole in your lineup that you could've tried to fill some other way.

Like when Hudler took the Wings to arbitration that commits him to signing with the Wings so I'm guessing Holland was counting on him being in the lineup. Then suddenly he bolted to the KHL and you're short a player and free agency options are limited.

#364 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Kenny may be playing a game of Poker here. He knows that Semin has a bad reputation which is essentially why he has not signed with a team yet. Why pay him what he is asking when if you wait a little bit, the price may go down? Who knows. I think Semin would be great here. Signing a 40 goal scorer and giving up no assets is a risk worth taking IMO.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#365 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Kenny may be playing a game of Poker here. He knows that Semin has a bad reputation which is essentially why he has not signed with a team yet. Why pay him what he is asking when if you wait a little bit, the price may go down? Who knows. I think Semin would be great here. Signing a 40 goal scorer and giving up no assets is a risk worth taking IMO.

This is true, but the very opposite might possibly happen as well. Once Doan figures out his situation then Semin is the only free agent game in town. Chances are he could cost much less before Doan's decision, and much more afterward. Hard to tell how this is going to shake out.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#366 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Doesn't it seem like all GMs are waiting until after these CBA negotiations to make any more signings?

#367 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Doesn't it seem like all GMs are waiting until after these CBA negotiations to make any more signings?

There have been no signings in well over a week, so yes... it seems they are. I suspect that Semin is waiting to see if a lockout will occur, and will play in the KHL should one occur.

#368 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

I just want him to sign somewhere so that all this speculation ends haha

#369 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

I just want him to sign somewhere so that all this speculation ends haha

Detroit please ;) I wouldn't mind a 4 year deal, between 5-6 mill a year. I really think he's worth the gamble. He would be without a doubt our elite goal scorer.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#370 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

I think it is really simple:

1. Sign a year deal and proof your worth

or $ign in the KHL

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#371 lil Wing's fan

lil Wing's fan

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Detroit please ;) I wouldn't mind a 4 year deal, between 5-6 mill a year. I really think he's worth the gamble. He would be without a doubt our elite goal scorer.

I am leaning towards the khl now for Semin unfortunately or fortunately which ever way you look at it.

(have not seen you in a while but knew I could find you here ;) mom say's to remind you of a bbq on the 29th lol)

#372 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

I am leaning towards the khl now for Semin unfortunately or fortunately which ever way you look at it.

(have not seen you in a while but knew I could find you here ;) mom say's to remind you of a bbq on the 29th lol)

Oh dear Im being tracked Auntie D on the interwebs, Ill be there!

Back on topic I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign in the khl either but I hope he comes here:)
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#373 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Oh dear Im being tracked Auntie D on the interwebs, Ill be there!

Back on topic I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign in the khl either but I hope he comes here:)

It does seem like if Kenny hasn't signed him yet, it is getting less likely he will. Even with the unstable CBA situation, signing Semin still seems like a complete no brainer to me. Wings still have a mountain of cap space, even if the cap drops fairly significantly. With a one year deal, there's very very low risk involved, but I'm not an NHL gm and in Kenneth, I still trust.

I'm willing to accept that the defense will not be as good as it was last year, but only if the Wings improve in other areas.

I DO think that our goaltending situation is the best it has been in years, especially if Jimmy stays healthy.

And I'm in the minority that actually believes our forward group improved somewhat (Sammy>Hudler, Tootoo>Holmstrom), but so far not enough to negate the deficits on defense, which is why we need that an impact scorer like Semin (or Doan, or both ;)).
Posted Image

#374 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

I jut don't know what Kenny is waiting for....Doan? Semin? He is in on the Nash trade talk, waiting for that? I wish we as fans knew more! I still think this team needs that top scorer not named Franzine. Semin or Nash would be that sniper. Ryan would too, Doan would be a 20-30 goal grinding forward. Semin would definitely top 40 with Datsyuk as would Nash (or possibly 50)

If somehow Kenny could trade for Nash AND sign Semin, we're in! (Ilke Doan and Ryan as well, or hell any combo! I just hate the wait!) Each day that goes by seems like Holland isn't going to do anything else....ugh!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#375 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

With the current state of the CBA, I'd be surprised to see anybody sign right now. Are the owners going to seriously push for this new cap? If so, the Wings are barely over it and wouldn't want it to go any higher.

#376 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Doan and Nash would be awesome. Better than any combination with Semin.

#377 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Doan and Nash would be awesome. Better than any combination with Semin.

Agreed.

However it'll be a cold day in hell before we see Nash wearing a Red Wings jersey...No way will Holland want to give up any of his "pets" to land a guy like Nash.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#378 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Right now I am thinking Kenny trades Nyquist for Bouwmeester. Sign Semin. We would look much better than we do now IMO...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($4.500m)
Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)
DEFENSEMEN
Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,638,712; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,561,288

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#379 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

KHL or Pens.
Can´t believe he will sign with us, though i´d like to see him play on a line with Dats!

Pens will offer him the money. They´ve tried it Parise too!

#380 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

It would be nice if he signed here... The man can put up points under the right environment... Wings should take a chance...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1