• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Third Man In

Old Wings Broadcasts

Rate this topic

Hey old friends. Long time no rant.

Does anyone know anyone that collects old broadcasts of Wings games? I have a friend that is working on a documentary of the Soviet Red Army hockey team, and they're looking to find all available games from the Russian Five era. They of course already have all the commercially-available ones and have scoured YouTube.

Let me know if you have any leads. You can of course feel free to PM me as well. Cheers everyone.

registration is closed but redwingslive has an achieve all the way back to like the 1960's. I've been watching old seasons all summer thanks to rwl. If anyone can remember who runs the site directly you could possibly shoot them an PM and try to get a username? Also NHLtorrents is a good site, but you need an invite also.

Edited by evilzyme

Along the same lines, I would love to hear the radio call of the '08 Cup winning game. I was watching the game on NBC, but apparently Ken Kal had laryngitis and was unable to call the game for WXYT, so Ken Daniels filled in. Per Wikipedia...

On June 4, 2008, Daniels filled-in for regular Detroit radio broadcast announcer Ken Kal for Game 6 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals between the Red Wings and the Pittsburgh Penguins. Kal was suffering from laryngitis and thus, was unable to call the game. The Red Wings had a 3-2 lead in the series and won the game, and the cup. With 45 seconds left in the game, Daniels took off the headset and handed the game over to Kal, stating to Kal, "I don't care if you can't talk, you have to bring it home". Kal called the final 10 seconds, and was able to make the call "...The Detroit Red Wings are the 2008 Stanley Cup Champions!"

I've got an mp3 that either the Detroit News or the Free Press did that's a mix of Don't Stop Believin' and the calls of the goals (done by K.D.) and the final 5 seconds or so (by K.K.), but I'd love to hear the whole thing, if that happens to be out there somewhere...

registration is closed but redwingslive has an achieve all the way back to like the 1960's. I've been watching old seasons all summer thanks to rwl. If anyone can remember who runs the site directly you could possibly shoot them an PM and try to get a username? Also NHLtorrents is a good site, but you need an invite also.

Registrations will stay closed until the seasons starts. *ahem*

Evil, was the login working for you most of the summer? There was an issue with the site after logging in that came about sometime mid-June if I had to guess, but I just fixed that like two weeks ago. Just curious if you were still able to login during that time.

The best thing to do would be PM drum and see what he thinks. We normally don't allow any new accounts during the summer.

Edited by rrasco