• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

This lockout is boring as hell, I was looking for an interview from the NHLPA regarding the recent talks on youtube and somehow it was linked to a Pavel Datsyuk video (hes amazing, maybe thats why). I watched the video and it was pretty badass, it's pretty amazing to see how many highlights he has compiled over the years. Anyways if your bored and want some Datsyukian fix, heres the video.

#2 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hard to watch without missing him... :(
Posted Image

#3 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

that guy is a shadow, wrapped in butter.

love it!
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#4 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

:shock: .....That was epic

#5 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Pavel has produced some beautiful goals, but that far-side top-shelf backhander against the Sharks from the perimeter has to be the most unbelievable goal I have ever seen.

Edit: it's at 1:35

Edited by Echolalia, 30 November 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#6 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

The goal at 11 minutes of the video, was that Nyquist first NHL goal ? I can't wait and hope to see those two play on a line consistently next year. I think Datsyuk could really help Nyquist by playing with him.

Edited by darkmanx, 30 November 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#7 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I love that man. So freaking talented and yet so humble.

#8 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again - If Messi is the Playstation footballer, then Datsyuk is the Playstation hockey player.

Thanks Gary for depriving us of his otherworldly skills for a second time!
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#9 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

The goal at 11 minutes of the video, was that Nyquist first NHL goal ? I can't wait and hope to see those two play on a line consistently next year. I think Datsyuk could really help Nyquist by playing with him.

I dont even know how to skate, but I could net 25 goals on Pavel's line. Datsyuk single handedly extended one of the most washed up, slowest, most useless even strength player's career for 5 years. He's a magician with the puck and has to be guarded by a defenseman and a forward. Throw Zetterberg in there, who pretty much needs a pair of opposing players to stop him, and the third linemate is left with wide open ice. Thats why I wanted to see us land Parise real bad. Z-D-P would have been unstoppable.

#10 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

That video is amazing. I kind of forgot what watching hockey was like. Not just hockey, but Red Wings Hockey.

Edited by rrasco, 08 December 2012 - 02:30 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#11 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

I dont even know how to skate, but I could net 25 goals on Pavel's line. Datsyuk single handedly extended one of the most washed up, slowest, most useless even strength player's career for 5 years.

This makes me think you weren't actually watching from 2005 through 2009. And even in 2010, Holmstrom put up good numbers mostly on his own merits.

Edited by Crymson, 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM.