11 replies to this topic

#1 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

According to Bob McKenzie, the deal's all but signed:

College UFA G Jared Coreau of Northern Michigan in DET tomorrow. Tentative agreement in place with Wings tho actual signing date TBD.

Now lets get DeKeyser & Sustr.

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Haven't heard of this kid.  What's the word on LGW?

Also, Sustr decided to leave college to hear NHL offers, via Bob McKenzie just a few tweets below this one.

Edited by Echolalia, 18 March 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#3 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Saw this per Bob McKenzie's tweet. Thanks for starting a thread.

I know nothing about him.

Please do tell...

#4 Danglesyuk05

Danglesyuk05

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

I just graduated from NMU and interned with hockey team. 

Sadly my intern years were two years ago and I don't really go to a lot of games so I cannot offer much on this subject but I am curious as well. Gonna ask a buddy who is a huge hockey fan here.

Edited by Danglesyuk05, 18 March 2013 - 08:14 PM.

Detroit Sports!

#5 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Sounds like McCollum is on the outs in GR then....with Mrazek the obvious starter and next in line behind Howard (once Monster is gone) it looks like Holland is solidifying his G spot ( :lol:  pun intended) in GR.... without searching for this cat (another pun intended,)  what have we learned about him already?

I did see that he played for the Lincoln Stars (same as McKee) but he left the year before Mike got there...losing record at NMU, but that could have a lot to do with his team as well...

NMU website has him listed at 6'4" and 208lbs.  Talk about a monster in net...

Edited by LeftWinger, 18 March 2013 - 08:24 PM.

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#6 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=121793

He's 6'5 and has a save % over 90.  His team was below .500 this year and by the looks of it, he got a lot of business in his end.  Always nice to have a giant for a goalie.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#7 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Pearce is on the way out and it looks like McCollum may be too. I don't know much about this guy, but more depth on GR/Toledo is never a bad thing.

#8 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Sounds like McCollum is on the outs in GR then....with Mrazek the obvious starter and next in line behind Howard (once Monster is gone) it looks like Holland is solidifying his G spot ( :lol:  pun intended) in GR.... without searching for this cat, what have we learned about him already?

Don't forget about Jake Patterson who should have been the starting goalie for Canada in the WJC if not for the overhype of that dink Subban.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#9 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Don't forget about Jake Patterson who should have been the starting goalie for Canada in the WJC if not for the overhype of that dink Subban.

That is true, maybe when Monster is done in 2014, either Mrazek will up to be backup or maybe this guy will be backup and keep Mrazek playing every night in GR with Paterson backing him up...either way, with Pearce and McCollum on the outs, the organization needed another goalie.  Especially when Monster leaves...

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

That is true, maybe when Monster is done in 2014, either Mrazek will up to be backup or maybe this guy will be backup and keep Mrazek playing every night in GR with Paterson backing him up...either way, with Pearce and McCollum on the outs, the organization needed another goalie.  Especially when Monster leaves...

Agreed.  especially like bringing in a goalie that's 6'5.  Covers more net :ok:

Free darkmanx!

#11 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

On a side note, Patterson is looking great in the OHL, I hear.  Haven't been to a Spirit game this season, but I listen to the games on the radio and he every game he plays he seems to play lights out.  Obviously a number of years away from the big show, but I think we're developing some nice depth at goal.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#12 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Agreed.  especially like bringing in a goalie that's 6'5.  Covers more net :ok:

And it appears he's a goalie that's used to seeing a lot of pucks coming his way.  Over 30 a game on average.