Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

NHL penalties/suspensions for hits getting out of hand.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

This is three years in a row now in the playoffs that Torres has leveled a controversial hit, all with three different teams. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#62 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

This is three years in a row now in the playoffs that Torres has leveled a controversial hit, all with three different teams. 

I have to agree with Shanny's banny video. The fact that he slides through with minimal force of impact on himself, and Stoll goes flying....um yeah. Torres is a punk thug, he should have learned by now. AHL career coming up for this guy. 

#63 uncle ovipositor

uncle ovipositor

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

I can see this getting 1 game arguably. It was an NHL hit that ended badly, and they decided that it was a hit that shouldn't have been thrown. Not sure I agree with the basis for making decisions there, but I can understand it. 3-6 seems severe to me, however. Reputation's probably part of that, the injury is... unfortunately it seems like one of those things you just have to take if you're Torres because he's earned his rep over the vast majority of his career.

But anyone who thinks Torres was headhunting should know that the 2 are best friends off the ice. No way he was trying to decapitate him.

#64 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Terrible call on the mule hit, not a heavy hit and hjalmarsson basically injured himself.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter