• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

(BTW Kane? Lol I wish we had that clown....you know MVP in the league right now...plus he is american Kane>Crosby)

Talent wasn't a part of the criteria for the question. No doubt, Kane is a great hockey player - though whether or not he's better than Crosby is arguable at best - but he is a total clown. Assaulting cabbies with your brother? Showing up at college parties and getting fall down drunk?

Yep. Definitely a clown. He's certainly my choice.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#22 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Fake toughest?  Wes Mantooth

Legit toughest? Ron Burgundy

Biggest clown? Brian Fantana

Classiest? San Diego

Oh, in the NHL!

Fake toughest?  "Big" Joe Thornton

Legit toughest?  George Parros' 'stache

Biggest clown?  Brad Marchand (Trying to steal the "Little Ball of Hate" nickname?  Really?  Steve Ott is a close second)

Classiest? Pavel or Martin St. Louis

Fake Classiest?  Teemu Selanne (Yeah, I said it)

#23 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

This says it all:

Burrows grabbing hair. Bieksa gets his bell rung the one time he doesn't spot pick. 

Edited by dirtydangles, 27 March 2013 - 10:44 AM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#24 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Fake toughest? John Torterella, Joe Thornton

Legit toughest? Scotty Bowman

Biggest clown? Marc Crawford, Mike Milbury, Ryan Kesler, James Wisniewski, Corey Perry, PATRICK KANE!

Classiest? Henrik Lundquist

Edited by achildr1, 27 March 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#25 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Fake toughest?  Wes Mantooth

Legit toughest? Ron Burgundy

Biggest clown? Brian Fantana

Classiest? San Diego

So. Much. Win. If Ron Burgundy says it...it's the truth!

Fake: Burrows

Legit: so tough to choose, there are so many guys.  I'll be a homer and say Tootoo since it's so tough to choose.

Biggest Clown: Kane; hands down

Classiest: Datsyuk/St. Louis

Edited by Mitchmac33, 27 March 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yeah Chara is legit. He is a beast. He has got considerable size advantage though, which is why I opted to go with Tootoo. I like players that are not that big but plays like they are and never turns anyone down. Kocur was the best though.

Chara could be legit, but fights too scared against heavies.  Anytime the fight gets interesting, he's gone for the takedown, or magically slipped.  I remember the fight against Cairns.  His fights against Laraque and Brashear were boring hugfests.  

When was the last time giraffe has even had a real fight against a top heavy?  

f*** Chara.  He's a spotpicker.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Fake Toughest: Bieksa
Legit Toughest: Thorton
Biggest Clown: Kesler, Perry
Classiest: Datsyuk (not even being a homer on this one, he's just amazing)

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#28 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

in my homer opinion, close call between Zetterberg and Datsyuk between classiest, but Zetterberg was leading the handshake line even before Lidstrom's retirement, and he doesn't celebrate a goal as much as Pavel does. I'll go with Z

bringit.jpg

#29 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Talent wasn't a part of the criteria for the question. No doubt, Kane is a great hockey player - though whether or not he's better than Crosby is arguable at best - but he is a total clown. Assaulting cabbies with your brother? Showing up at college parties and getting fall down drunk?
Yep. Definitely a clown. He's certainly my choice.

He was how old? You didn't do the same at that age? Anyone and everyone with a life did. Its part if growing up. Has he had an incident this season?

I see where you're coming from but its a matter of do you get past it and grow up or stay at the age 21 mentality forever...right now I'd say he is passed it....just hope it stays lol(then again for our sake I hope it doesn't PROVE ME WRONG KANE PLEASE!!!!)

Edited by DeGraa55, 28 March 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#30 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'll go with a three way tie between Kesler, Bieksa and Burrows for fake toughest, Doan for toughest, Nick Swisher biggest clown, Tim Duncan classiest

You have not seen all the trouble Timmy has gotten into this year!  Flipping the bird to creepy stalkers and pointing guns at Crawford's head (Halloween party).

He was how old? You didn't do the same at that age? Anyone and everyone with a life did. Its part if growing up. Has he had an incident this season?

I see where you're coming from but its a matter of do you get past it and grow up or stay at the age 21 mentality forever...right now I'd say he is passed it....just hope it stays lol(then again for our sake I hope it doesn't PROVE ME WRONG KANE PLEASE!!!!)

Yeah, but that was just last year....it's not like it was 5-10 years ago and he's had substantial time to mature.  I'm sure he has kept quiet since then, you can only make so many foolish mistakes before it really comes back to bite you.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#31 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

Fake toughest- Kevin Bieksa
Legit toughest- Brian McGrattan
Biggest Clown- Scott Hartnell
Classiest- Pavel Datsyuk/Martin St. Louis
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#32 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

You have not seen all the trouble Timmy has gotten into this year!  Flipping the bird to creepy stalkers and pointing guns at Crawford's head (Halloween party).  pics please

Edited by irishock, 29 March 2013 - 01:51 AM.

bringit.jpg

#33 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

You have not seen all the trouble Timmy has gotten into this year!  Flipping the bird to creepy stalkers and pointing guns at Crawford's head (Halloween party).

Yeah, but that was just last year....it's not like it was 5-10 years ago and he's had substantial time to mature.  I'm sure he has kept quiet since then, you can only make so many foolish mistakes before it really comes back to bite you.

I understand that he's young, but I've only got 2 years on him - so it's not as though I'm some out of touch grouch. I've gone to parties, but no, I've never gotten fall down drunk at one. I've also never exploited my star status into being the center of attention at any parties.

Comparing our lives isn't really fair or necessary, we live two totally different ones. That said, he comes across like a dick. If he were a regular guy with the same track record I would consider him just another *******, which is worthy of his clown designation in my book.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#34 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

I understand that he's young, but I've only got 2 years on him - so it's not as though I'm some out of touch grouch. I've gone to parties, but no, I've never gotten fall down drunk at one. I've also never exploited my star status into being the center of attention at any parties.

Comparing our lives isn't really fair or necessary, we live two totally different ones. That said, he comes across like a ****. If he were a regular guy with the same track record I would consider him just another *******, which is worthy of his clown designation in my book.

Agreed.  If you asked fans across the NHL who was the biggest clown/d-bag in the league, Kane would be a frontrunner.

There's plenty of young guys in the NHL, but he still manages to stand out as one of the the biggest idiots.