• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

just heard pierre mcguire ranting about our defensive prospects on the radio and he said how backman was a tremendous player and plays alot like jonas brodin ... wow i had high hopes for backman because i get excited for every swede we draft but jonas brodin is amazing and if backman is anywhere near as good as him we got a hell of a future player

he also mentioned we got the western collegiate hockey defensemen of the year (nick jenson) ... mentioned ouellet dekeyser and sproul

gotta say the future looks bright

#2 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Agreed! Now we need to draft forwards that score...

#3 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Exactly, we have really awesome D coming up, but we still need the scoring forwards.  We have plenty of good 2-way forwards and fairly capable scorers, but no bonafide goal scorer to turn the future to.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#4 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

jurco and frk look promising!! yes, they're a little away but if I'm excited for their development for sure! 

pulkkinen and jarnkrok have potential too.

add that to tatar and nyq among others and the future looks bright all around.  :lol:

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#5 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Tank for drouin or mackinnon...

"Pooin' for Droin"

"s***tin' the linen for Mackinnon"

Lol no but seriously were looking good...

#6 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Jurco, Frk, Tvrdon, Athanasiou, Pulkkinen all project as scoring wingers.  Doubt they all develop as expected, but it's not like we haven't drafted scorers. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#7 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

The problem with those guys is they are still a few years away from contributing. Jarnkrok may provide a scoring punch next year, but drafting a high-end scoring forward, that will be available in the 1st, is paramount.

#8 paulb1320

paulb1320

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

I've been pretty high on Backman for a while, another year in Sweden to further develop his offensive game and he'll look like another vintage Detroit draft steal in a few years time. He's probably my 2nd fav D prospect (tied with Ouellet) after Sproul, that's not including Smith who I don't think of as prospect anymore.

Overall the pool is very strong on D, especially after adding Dekeyser, now they need centers more than anything. Jarnkrok is the only prospect that is projected to be a top 6 C with Tinky Winky having a outside chance at being a 2nd line C. Even still Jarnkrok will likely only be a good #2 C and IMO he won't become the #1 C the pool is lacking, that's why I'd like to see Kenny trade up in the draft (somewhere in 5-10 range) and draft that #1C we'll need once Pavel leaves and Z starts regressing. Getting Elias Lindholm would be a dream come true.

#9 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Z has been regressing...

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Backman has also been touted as an Edler like player.  And Z's regressing, if we're talking about this year could be that he's been nursing an apparent sore groin which is where ALL of his speed has gone.  He's been awesome this year aside from the past few games, hence the healthy scratch last game and a 7-1 spanking from the Hawks.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.