• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

4/20 GDT: Red Wings 1 @ Canucks 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Cory Schneider, who is very comparable to Howard is making 4 m each can't believe Holland used him as an example, to get a lower caphit out of Howard. That said I still think Howard is this teams MVP this season, with him signed it is now time to fix the defense. Sadfully this will not be an easy task looking at the so called top UFA list is just a shame:

http://www.capgeek.com/

What exactly is wrong with our defense that needs fixing now? The fact that we have 9 NHL defenseman fighting for a spot? We need to add offense, not fix something that isn't broken

No outstanding defenseman and not even prime-time forwards, so drafting smart is going to be the key here, because this is probably the most boring UFA class ever (thank you NHL).

At a point like this in the season, Holland normally would have started contract talks so I guess its save to say, that Filpulla and Ian are going to walk for nothing, which is a mistake because desperate teams would have given up some draft picks for at least Filpulla.

I don't care about making the playoffso r not, I care about the bigger picture here and rather not make the playoffs if it means getting swept by our hated rivals.

Interesting game last night. Couple of things I noticed;

-Filppula was god awful - I usually have a lot of faith in him but he was actually getting in the way of his line mates last night. Might have been the worst game I've ever seen him play. For the first time, I think the Wings might be better off letting him walk next year in favour of keeping one of these kids in the lineup.

-DeKeyser continues to impress me. No doubt in my mind he will be our top shutdown defenseman in the near future.

-Nyquist, Andersson and Emmerton all played really well. Looks like Emmerton is finally making strides toward being a useful everyday player

-I love our defense WITHOUT White and Colaiacovo

Additionally, the CBC broadcasters really put this season into perspective. I've been pissing and moaning about the Wings' "fall from grace" all season but in reality, its amazing what they've been able to accomplish given their lineup and the tight Western Conference. After last night's game, I am actually kind of excited to see these younger guys progress over the next couple of seasons.

I also still think the Wings will make the playoffs.

I some what agree. I think Holland/Babcock have not brought their A game this season. However people seem to forget how much turn over and youth we have seen this year. We all know about the departures on defense but think of all the new players (or expanded to actual playing time) Emmerton, Smith, Kindl, (all full time basically) then Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, Murzak, Brunner, Dekeyser, Lashoff.

Guest DeGraa55

I some what agree. I think Holland/Babcock have not brought their A game this season. However people seem to forget how much turn over and youth we have seen this year. We all know about the departures on defense but think of all the new players (or expanded to actual playing time) Emmerton, Smith, Kindl, (all full time basically) then Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, Murzak, Brunner, Dekeyser, Lashoff.

I don't think you get the point. Our young guys are the guys performing well they're doing better than the vets. And that's why were upset cause they're not getting playtime over the likes if cleary and what not

I don't think you get the point. Our young guys are the guys performing well they're doing better than the vets. And that's why were upset cause they're not getting playtime over the likes if cleary and what not

Nope I get the point, and 100% agree. That's why I said Babs and Holland deserve to be criticized. I don't want to see Cleary, Sammy, Bert, White play another game in a Wings uniform. I'm simply pointing out that we have had a pretty big youth movement; especially for the Red Wings. But it's not like Holland intended on playing all this youth, so his credit is limited, besides where the f*** is a goal scorer?

It's amazing how unclutch we are in 3rd periods, OT and shootouts, considering we have so much leadership and Stanley Cup experience.

I know we have lots of young players, but we should still have enough veterans to be more poised than Columbus and Dallas right now.

Instead, those teams have more poise than us late in games. Amazing.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest irishock

I can't wait for the game against the coyotes at home. We suck when we come back from the West :glare:

BLAME THE WIVES