• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Playoff Hockey

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

For me, it feels like we just won a 48 game round 1 and are now advancing to round 2. Does it give the Wings an advantage that they've been playing playoff hockey the whole season? Or does it wear them out?

I would not argue that they have played playoff hockey all season. THe latter half for sure was FAR more intense... but the Red Wings do not play a physical style of "playoff type" hockey all season like the Blues do for example. The way the Blues play all season will wear them down. But the Red Wings will be fine. If anything they will benefit from these last few weeks because you can really see how this team has come together and has dominated games. This could be huge momentum for the playoffs, but it will not make them tired.

My question: When was the last time we ended the regular season on such a high note?

Now, by "high note" I'm not, of course, referring to the standings. I'm talking about our play. We're on fire. Feels to me like, at least these last few seasons, we've backed into the postseason. We were just...there. Just...existing. Sleepwalking, maybe. Not in the driver's seat in any meaningful way.

But now? This time? PP woes aside (and maybe that was just the ice in Dallas), we're playing so well. Howard might be the best goalie in hockey right now, the way he's been playing.

Edited by Dabura

Guest The Axe

My question: When was the last time we ended the regular season on such a high note?

Now, by "high note" I'm not, of course, referring to the standings. I'm talking about our play. We're on fire. Feels to me like, at least these last few seasons, we've backed into the postseason. We were just...there. Just...existing. Sleepwalking, maybe. Not in the driver's seat in any meaningful way.

But now? This time? PP woes aside (and maybe that was just the ice in Dallas), we're playing so well. Howard might be the best goalie in hockey right now, the way he's been playing.

Good post. I agree.

Absolutely. They developed and brought the kind of momentum that they need to dominate, right into the playoffs. They only get 2 days off, so I don't see how it won't carry right through.

Any kind of return of Helm, Bert, etc...will only be a bonus.

Now, what about black aces? The Griffs are in the playoffs.

Kind of off topic, but its probably good for the Griffens that the wild made the playoffs. They play the wolf's ahl team. They would have little chance if that had to compete against granlund and brodin

Absolutely. They developed and brought the kind of momentum that they need to dominate, right into the playoffs. They only get 2 days off, so I don't see how it won't carry right through.

Any kind of return of Helm, Bert, etc...will only be a bonus.

Honestly, given what we have cleared to play sitting in the press box, I'm not at all concerned about the lack of kids.

I'm thrilled that we have veterans like Bert and Sammy for fill-ins. They've been there, done that, and can jump in mentally. They might need a period or two to get their game back physically, but the mental aspect is there.

On defense, we have guys that were NHL-caliber before we got DannyD. They may not be our choices for top pairing, but they're just fine for the bottom pair.

When talking Black Aces, we're talking about what happens in case of injury. I'm perfectly happy to have "Oh! Him!" in the box instead of "Who's that?"

And if we run through them, we can call up Tots on emergency. Now that's an Ace in the hole.