Photo
- - - - -

Which UFA would help the Wings the most?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Which UFA would help the Wings most?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which UFA would you most like to see the Wings sign?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

By the way, Bickell has been put back on Shaw line this last game and might have been in game 1 too, and he hasn't been the same offensive powerhouse everyone was worshipping earlier in playoffs.

he had a great series against us, but he is definitely not someone i would put as a high value target. he is a depth guy. the wings need a legit top 6 guy. 

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#82 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

he had a great series against us, but he is definitely not someone i would put as a high value target. he is a depth guy. the wings need a legit top 6 guy.

Bickell is an upgrade over Abby. Bickell to me is a middle 6 guy....very capable of playing on second line.

#83 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Bickell is an upgrade over Abby. Bickell to me is a middle 6 guy....very capable of playing on second line.

With the way the two play right now, Bickell is an upgrade offensively a maybe physically. Abby is faster.

Bickell's going to get paid though. Like 4M per year. Is he twice as good as Abby, who makes 1.85 per ?

I'd love to have them both, but I'd rather take Bickell money + trimming-the-fat money and spend it on Clarkson or Horton. Legit top six wingers.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#84 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Horton is awesome. Boston will not let him go, so cancel plans for him.

#85 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

With the way the two play right now, Bickell is an upgrade offensively a maybe physically. Abby is faster.
Bickell's going to get paid though. Like 4M per year. Is he twice as good as Abby, who makes 1.85 per ?
I'd love to have them both, but I'd rather take Bickell money + trimming-the-fat money and spend it on Clarkson or Horton. Legit top six wingers.

See I agree Horton or vlarkson should be top priority. But bickell as a plan b isn't all that bad either. You bring up a valid point as well. Money is a question. But I think 4m is OK but any more then its too much.

#86 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Boston have 18 players signed for next year with only $4M cap space.  Rask is an RFA, and 2/3 of their line-up have NTCs .  They're going to have to do some major roster surgery to sign Rask AND Horton AND fill out their roster.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#87 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Boston have 18 players signed for next year with only $4M cap space.  Rask is an RFA, and 2/3 of their line-up have NTCs .  They're going to have to do some major roster surgery to sign Rask AND Horton AND fill out their roster.

They will figure out a way.

#88 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

They will figure out a way.

Really? Because unlike Detroit, Boston doesn't have a whole lot of dead-weight contracts.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#89 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

Add Briere to the list. I'm biased because I've wanted him on the Wings for some time now. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#90 Kronstantinov

Kronstantinov

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Bickell Wants To Stay In Chicago

Story

I'm sure he wouldn't say, "Hell no, I want to get out of here as soon as possible" even if it was true at this point.

And I'm sure Chicago would love to retain him but they probably won't have any cap space. 

I voted Ribeiro and Ryder. Age aside both can score pretty consistently which is what I think we need the most. I'm pretty confident that Clarkson had a Hartnell-like season and won't meet those offensive numbers again going forward. Just my opinion.

Ribeiro and Ryder soon to be poor man's Nyquist and Tatar.

#91 Kronstantinov

Kronstantinov

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

I don't think the Bruins will have cap space for him.

#92 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

Trade for Ryan, sign Wiess, sign Ryder.  Instant upgrades...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!