• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

frankgrimes

New enemies, whom do you fear the most?

Rate this topic

82 posts in this topic

Well the Penguins are having the most feared and toughest tough guy in the AHL known as Steve Macintyre. I just can't for the sake of me understand, why Bylsma refused to play him against the toughest team in the league? Especially after being down two games to none and getting physicaly dominated and on top of that they didn't play Engelland that much , so it's hard for me to understand what Shero and Bylsma were thinking. I think if they would have called up Macintyre and just by having him on the bench, the physical edge in that series could have turned easily to the Penguins.

Pittsburgh is easy to play against , once the other team is in their heads. they can be easily frustrated especially their captain as seen against the Islanders. This team is incredible skilled upfront but their defense lacks structure and a commitment to play defensivly responsible.

The Bruins are in no way shape or form comparable to the Blackhawks, this team is very tough, skilled and has elite goaltending. The Blackhawks are a high powered offensive juggernaut but despite Bickell they aren't tough at all. Once the DetroitRedWings are hitting the ice against the Bruins and Thornton, Lucic and McQuaid are unleashed people will see the difference between the two teams and won't be pretty at all. I still think the DetroitRedWings should trade for Anthony Peluso from the Jets, guy is 240 lbs big and tough as nails plus he can take a regular shift!

Ottawa looked gased against the Penguins which wasn't a surprise to me, they have battled hard to make the playoffs despite all their major injuries.

OK. So.

I should start by clarifying a couple of things. Firstly, by "Penguins Nation" I basically meant Pens fans. So, my point was that the Bruins humbled the Pens' fans (on the whole), which - and I guess I was being just a tad facetious here - is almost as difficult as winning the Cup. So, props and kudos to them for that. Secondly, I didn't necessarily mean to say the Bruins are as good as the Blackhawks, just that they're our new "bitter rival." Which is, I concede, maybe kind of a snotty thing to say. ("Hey, we're the Wings. We're amazing. Who's the most amazing team in this place? Boston? OK, they're our new rival.") (Whaaaat??)

SensViking, I like your posts. And not just because you're nice to the Wings. Actually, to be honest, I think you may be overestimating the Wings a bit, and maybe even selling the likes of the Bruins short.

SensViking likes this

OK. So.

I should start by clarifying a couple of things. Firstly, by "Penguins Nation" I basically meant Pens fans. So, my point was that the Bruins humbled the Pens' fans (on the whole), which - and I guess I was being just a tad facetious here - is almost as difficult as winning the Cup. So, props and kudos to them for that. Secondly, I didn't necessarily mean to say the Bruins are as good as the Blackhawks, just that they're our new "bitter rival." Which is, I concede, maybe kind of a snotty thing to say. ("Hey, we're the Wings. We're amazing. Who's the most amazing team in this place? Boston? OK, they're our new rival.") (Whaaaat??)

SensViking, I like your posts. And not just because you're nice to the Wings. Actually, to be honest, I think you may be overestimating the Wings a bit, and maybe even selling the likes of the Bruins short.

Thanks Dabura! I've always thought of the Wings as a class organization which kept a high level of skill and competitiveness despite not tanking seasons and drafting high. I've never had a real working knowledge of the roster because of the Wings being in the West but with Alfie joining the team I have been keeping a closer eye.

Being a bit of a hockey tramp- I'm not just a Sens homer but a hockey fan- I watch a lot of games so now the Sens,Wings and Coyotes are on my radar for this season. Please keep the Coyotes comments kind- I've been a fan for a few years.

That being said I feel I can add a bit of Eastern conference thoughts annnnnnd...........

How do you l like the Wings vs Boston now? I know it's pre-season but I don't think I was being too kind to the Wings.

and don't worry about Alfie's groin- he's a warrior.

Bruins bother me but everyone else im not bothered by

Everyone bothers me, but the red wings I am not bothered by, in fact I rather like them, they do not bother me at all, ever

Well, to be fair, that lineup Boston iced last night was pretty shoddy, whereas ours could've passed for an official regular-season squad. And, y'know, the whole goalie thing.

Well, to be fair, that lineup Boston iced last night was pretty shoddy, whereas ours could've passed for an official regular-season squad. And, y'know, the whole goalie thing.

Jimmy is average though :P