• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

World Juniors Tourney Thread

Rate this topic

Sweden - Canada is going to be an epic battle. I'm cheering for Sweden because they are the hometown team and for sure the underdog, but whoever wins deserved it.

Once our Canadian boys dispose of your other arch rivals that is. They need to stomp Finland like the Czech's should have before they s*** the bed. I wouldn't call the Swedes the underdog in this tournament though. Top to bottom they're the best team.

I really hope Sweden has no suspensions.

Once our Canadian boys dispose of your other arch rivals that is. They need to stomp Finland like the Czech's should have before they s*** the bed. I wouldn't call the Swedes the underdog in this tournament though. Top to bottom they're the best team.

I really hope Sweden has no suspensions.

I'm not from Sweden just cheering for them, because I think winning infront of your hometown fans is epic and just like the Canadians the Swedes should get a feel of that too. But for sure not going to be butthurt if Canada wins. I've seen how Canada handled a very good Swiss team so to me - once again- they are the team to beat. Sweden is going to have even more pressure tomorrow but the atmosphere will be outstanding going to DVR that game for sure.

What a brutal period of hockey! The announcers keep talking about how Mantha lurks in the shadows and you don't notice him too much until he gets on the board, well if Drouin passes him the puck earlier in the game he'd be far more engaged. I like Drouin, but his dipsydoodling around and not getting the puck deep or dishing it off is cooling off his line mates. Not impressed with Drouin's 1st period whatsoever. Make some passing plays and dangle from the corner or behind the net to get out front, not from the blue line in.

Canada has zero offensive creativity this game. And Mantha just had a crap giveaway while no one attempted to get open. I don't wake up to watch Canada play for bronze. One thing I will not do!

Droin finally shows this game what he's really good at.

As soon as buddy on Finland cowered like a sissy, Drouin should have known to lay off the hit. Can't keep the momentum when you're head is up your ass.

2 and a 10 is :lol: when buddy can't take a hit like a man.

They look a little slow and sluggish compared to the small speedy fins, there's no real intensity.

This is far from over though Canada is great at making late comebacks.

If they can make the Finns take penalties like they are and sort out their crap PP, then we'll talk comeback. Not impressed so far with effort or skill level this game.

Don't worry Canada, you know you'll get your "chances" in the 3rd.

esteef

Still angry about the New Years Eve game?