• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmyemeryhunter

Wings call up McCollum, assign Mrazek to Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

The only reason they made that switch was so Mrazek could get in another game down in Grand Rapids while Detroit were on that 4 day break. I doubt they will continue rotating them. We play every second night until December so Mrazek will stay up for this stretch for sure. He may even get a start, but that probably won't be until the back to back on December 6th/7th. My guess is he will get his first start of the season on December 7th in Carolina, unless something happens to Howard... *knocks on wood*

Anyone feel like Babcock is already burning out Howard?

Howard is a workhorse. He can put together a massive string and not be bothered. It's actually one of he's strong points. There's only two goalies I know of that can out work him, I believe, and that would be Rinne and Quick. Those guys are also Workhorse.

Howard is good for 65 games easy. Rinne and Quick can put up 70+ games.

So burn out shouldn't be an issue.

Now should get to that point? That's another question. Howard, outside of last season (he practically played they entire shortened season), has really never had the benefit of relief. It would be wise to rest him if you can the means to. If the Wings make a push, your goalie needs all the stamina they can save up. He's never had that benefit until last season, and he wasn't himself last season(he also got injured..he was playing well in the playoffs I guess).

I hope he gets some rest, as he's back in form. I'd like to see the Wings make it past the 2nd round with him in net.

Edited by Dynheart

Guest DeGraa55

I think what they're doing is fine. Howard starts unless injured or it's back to back games.

Now with that said...I would like to see McCollum and mrazek both get a couple games this year at some point.