• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Over The Garden Wall

Rate this topic

Over the Garden Wall

960.jpg

The wonderfully whimsical, yet haunting tale of two brothers who find themselves lost in a mysterious wood.

FEATURING:
Elijah Wood as WIRT

Wirt_Over_the_Garden_Wall_Art.jpg

Collin Dean as GREG

tumblr_nexi4fFlFl1qeq8xmo1_1415799808_co

Christopher Lloyd as THE WOODSMAN

10522216_391521004331138_440186706924890

And others! Including Tim Curry! John Cleese! and more!

The show is a 10 part miniseries, with each episode chapter at approximately 12 minutes long. SO ITS NOT A LONG INVESTMENT LIKE BREAKING BAD OR WALKING DEAD! You can crunch this one out in a couple hours and come out on the other side in time for dinner!

It has spectacular animation and beautifully crafted landscapes reminiscent of a Miyazaki film, so if you're into artistic design its worth the two hour investment in that alone. BUT WAIT! The story is excellent also! At first glance it seems like a simple children's tale of two boys trying to make their way home after getting lost in the woods. But its so much deeper than that! The writing is clever, managing to be simultaneously charming and horrifying, again the comparison to Miyazaki is warranted here. Except there's elements of Tim Burton as well, without being so over the top about it (a plus!) As it was initially aired on Cartoon Network and the target audience at first glance appears to be kids, you may think this isn't going to be very interesting. But you couldn't be more wrong. While the story caters to kids there's also plenty here for adults as well (in fact much of the story's deeper stuff will go over most kids' heads). Symbolism like whoa! Literary references! Existentialism! Metaphors! What are you waiting for!

PLUS THERES MUSIC! Who can forget that classic hit POTATOES AND MOLASSES?? Or my personal favorite A COURTING SONG! Yes there's a song for everyone in this gem!

And the best part? Chapter 1 is on YOUTUBE for free!

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? Over the Garden Wall is an EMMY AWARD WINNING classic worth watching! AND THATS A ROCK FACT!

tumblr_inline_nsmmdbGWlg1ta5s01_540.jpg

Echolalia gives 5 stars, recommended for all ages

Edited by Echolalia

Where can I watch the whole thing? Is it available streaming? Looks good!

For free I don't know :( Theres some bootlegs on youtube but i don't recommend them because the quality isn't as good and the artwork in this should be viewed in the best possible quality... I bought it for like $10 but more resourceful people might be able to find it for free. The 10 bucks was well worth it though.

apparently its on hulu

Edited by Echolalia