• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Dunnstradamas

Rate this topic

So here are my fearless prognostications for the next year in Detroit.  

Ken Holland manages to talk Vegas into taking Ericsson.  He uses the cap savings to give Brendan Smith a 6 year, $30 million contract, because "Smitty's a really good player and we hated to lose him at the deadline last year.  We fell that he can help on the power play and solidify the defense."  Blashill will give him 3rd pair minutes and no PP time.

Helm will get 30 points.  Abdelkader will miss 20 games and end up with 8 goals and 12 assists.  People will still defend his contract because "INTANGIBLES!!!!!!"

The Wings will miss the playoffs, but be close enough at the deadline that Holland doesn't make any moves.  Green will leave next summer.

Blashill will be the coach for the full season.  Holland will say that there aren't any "clear upgrades available mid-season" despite several coaches with better resumes being available.  

Holland will be named President following the season.  Draper will be named VP of player personnel and Martin will be GM, focusing more on the business side.  Both will take direction from Holland.

Nelson will be promoted from GR to take the head coach job when Blashill isn't retained after the season, because that's the easiest thing to do.  

Svechnikov will outplay several people in training camp, but will start the season in GR because "we need veteran leaders."

AA will score 20 goals despite playing 13 minutes a night.  Blashill will insist that this is proof that AA shouldn't be playing more minutes and point out all of his defensive lapses, most of which will be no different than what any other player makes.

Mantha will lead the team in goals.  Sheahan and Helm will still both get more PP time than him, because "defense matters on the PP."

Dekeyser will be #2 in PP time among the defense despite only scoring 2 PP goals for the season.

Detroit will draft Petterson with the 9th pick, then a small European defenseman in the second, passing on Hague.  Leftwinger will lose his s--t, burn his jersey's, and vow to never watch the Wings again.  He''ll be back on the board 3 days later.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Detroit will draft Petterson with the 9th pick, then a small European defenseman in the second, passing on Hague.  Leftwinger will lose his s--t, burn his jersey's, and vow to never watch the Wings again.  He''ll be back on the board 3 days later.

This had me rolling. 

Well done. 

That would be a Holland-type draft. 

I won't lose my s***, I will be super mad though.

I won't burn jerseys. I will watch, so I can be right about Tippett and Hague. While Pettersson s***s the ice and small euro-D never makes it to the NHL. 

But you got Holland Down,  good job!

I think everyone is more excited to see me the next couple of months than to see the team get better. You'll all be disappointed when I just laugh at Holland's idiocracy. 

But let's see if he indeed blows his 1st and 2nd round picks.

Besides,  what does not watching them anymore have to do with being on the board?

13 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I think everyone is more excited to see me the next couple of months than to see the team get better. 

Obviously. Your emotional fits will be our entertainment on these boards during dark times. We have to laugh somehow. 

Edited by kickazz