• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

Season Ticket Holders

Rate this topic

Is anyone else on this board a season ticket holder? If yes, what was your experience this year in getting tickets with the new arena?

Mine was awful, and after being a 10 game season ticket holder for 4 years, I quit. 

In previous years, the way it worked was you were given like 4 tiers. Tier 1 would have maybe 10 games available (say Leafs, Canadiens, Bruins etc), and you had to say pick 3 of them. Then tier 2 would have 10 available, and you would have to pick another 3, so on and so on. Not to mention, in the past if something changed in my schedule and I had to swap games, my rep was awesome and would always work with me as long as you were willing to exchange for another game within the same tier.

This year in addition to the price increase, you no longer have the option of of choosing what games you want. You are given 4 plans, the Howe plan, Lindsay plan, Abel plan, and Delvecchio plan AND you have to decide to purchase one of these plans within a 24 hour window assigned to you by the team. You have absolutely no flexibility, to choose what you want. When I called my new rep and asked her if I could swap a couple games out as there were a few I just couldn't make due to work obligations, I was told that you could not swap games any more and was suggested to sell them online.

I did buy tickets for the openers (preseason and regular season) through stubhub, but I was really disappointed this year.

Just curious if anyone else had the same experience? Or a better/worse one?

12 hours ago, kliq said:

Is anyone else on this board a season ticket holder? If yes, what was your experience this year in getting tickets with the new arena?

Mine was awful, and after being a 10 game season ticket holder for 4 years, I quit. 

In previous years, the way it worked was you were given like 4 tiers. Tier 1 would have maybe 10 games available (say Leafs, Canadiens, Bruins etc), and you had to say pick 3 of them. Then tier 2 would have 10 available, and you would have to pick another 3, so on and so on. Not to mention, in the past if something changed in my schedule and I had to swap games, my rep was awesome and would always work with me as long as you were willing to exchange for another game within the same tier.

This year in addition to the price increase, you no longer have the option of of choosing what games you want. You are given 4 plans, the Howe plan, Lindsay plan, Abel plan, and Delvecchio plan AND you have to decide to purchase one of these plans within a 24 hour window assigned to you by the team. You have absolutely no flexibility, to choose what you want. When I called my new rep and asked her if I could swap a couple games out as there were a few I just couldn't make due to work obligations, I was told that you could not swap games any more and was suggested to sell them online.

I did buy tickets for the openers (preseason and regular season) through stubhub, but I was really disappointed this year.

Just curious if anyone else had the same experience? Or a better/worse one?

Wife and I did last 2 years. We live in NC but I fly through the D on business a few times a week, plus miles I rack up on Delta. Games we couldn't make, I would sell. This year I was a bit nervous, prefer to go to 5 to 10 games but sit in different parts of the arena to see what we like the best with it being new. Not commit to a full season in something we would be like "oh i wish we where there". After hearing this I'm glad we did what we did this year. Unfortunately I get the oh knee worked on for season opening. Jam out in the recliner with a cold one.

8 hours ago, THATANK911 said:

Wife and I did last 2 years. We live in NC but I fly through the D on business a few times a week, plus miles I rack up on Delta. Games we couldn't make, I would sell. This year I was a bit nervous, prefer to go to 5 to 10 games but sit in different parts of the arena to see what we like the best with it being new. Not commit to a full season in something we would be like "oh i wish we where there". After hearing this I'm glad we did what we did this year. Unfortunately I get the oh knee worked on for season opening. Jam out in the recliner with a cold one.

and think of the money saved just on this part of the experience!!