• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Penguins vs. Oilers

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, F.Michael said:

To be honest - ESPN /ESPN 2 had some awesome black & white commercials...Too bad my favorite one with then Maple Leafs Bill Berg cannot be found :unhappy:

Always loved this one, thanks for posting it.

11 hours ago, kickazz said:

Does it look like I’m an NBA player

Snowboard* 

Like reruns as in the Kelly Clarkson era? Or Clay Aiken? 

Arent they one in the same?

On 11/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

I disagree.  ESPN is laying people off and are losing viewers because of their political stance.  Ten years ago, they held a monopoly on sports in this country.  Not anymore.  We now have Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and other channels that broadcast sporting events.  ESPN is not what it used to be.  The only thing I miss about hockey on ESPN, was hearing Gary Thorne calling games and of course that awesome theme song they used to play. 

Agree with your point about ESPN. It's the same with the NFL and NBA. Last I heard, ratings/viewership is suffering in both leagues due in large part to the social/political ideologies being expressed by the players. Being that these are the 2 leagues whose seasons compete with the NHL the most, it's a potential "fan grab" if the NHL marketed itself correctly. These are the people the NHL should be going after, especially when you consider that the demographics of the fans turning off the NFL and NBA are similar to those who follow the NHL.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agree with your point about ESPN. It's the same with the NFL and NBA. Last I heard, ratings/viewership is suffering in both leagues due in large part to the social/political ideologies being expressed by the players. Being that these are the 2 leagues whose seasons compete with the NHL the most, it's a potential "fan grab" if the NHL marketed itself correctly. These are the people the NHL should be going after, especially when you consider that the demographics of the fans turning off the NFL and NBA are similar to those who follow the NHL.

Turn off the kneelball, turn on the hockey.

1whjic.jpg