• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kjw25

Blashill says struggling Wings must "Trust The Process."

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There will be a contender with a goalie need. Howard may not be the only one available, but he will be on an expiring contract (rental), he's a proven, veteran starter, and when healthy, is solid. I don't think a 2nd is reaching. He definitely will get a better return than a depth forward.

What makes you so certain that there will be a contender in need of a goalie? That's not all that common... You know what is common? Teams (virtually every playoff team) looking for depth scoring at the deadline. Which is why players (centers / wingers / defensemen) are moved more often than goalies at the deadline, and usually have a higher price tag. I didn't say a 2nd was reaching. I just think that a 1st is out of the question, and I can see it being a 3rd, or even more likely, nothing...

11 minutes ago, amato said:

A second isn’t reaching for sure, and I’m not trying to knock Howard. I have no harsh feelings against the guy. I just feel like there are more variables at play with goalie deadline deals than player ones, that’s all. And while I’m not going to wish injury on anyone, it would be cool to see him take over as the starter for a contender at the deadline and go on a cup run. 

I'm not against Howard either. I love the guy and think he's a very underrated goaltender amongst Wings fan. I just don't see ANY goalie being in huge demand at the deadline, this year or any year. Unless of course, like mentioned there's a long term injury to a number one in that 3-4 week period leading up to the deadline. I wouldn't say that happening is all that likely. Possible? Sure, but not likely...