• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Mid Season Awards

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

First time in 5 years he's been as high as this. He had 2 or 3 seasons where he did really well (which probably pulls his over numbers up), otherwise around 48-51 %. Point is the slashing rule has favored a lot of centers. I think Larkin is benefiting from it too. 

You could spin that anyway you want. You could also say he only had a few poorer years under 50% that pull his numbers down. Otherwise really he's 50-53%. The point is the numbers are the numbers and he's better than most and "hasn't always sucked at them".

1 hour ago, Son of a Wing said:

You could spin that anyway you want. You could also say he only had a few poorer years under 50% that pull his numbers down. Otherwise really he's 50-53%. The point is the numbers are the numbers and he's better than most and "hasn't always sucked at them".

Hmmm. I guess my perception is that it sucks for a superstar center. I mean, has been the best player in the league but his face off % don't live up to it like Fedorov, Yzerman's did (who were arguably best in their position or at least top 3 in Yzerman's case). 

I've never expect a high faceoff% for guys who were natural Wingers that converted into centers like Z but for natural centers, especially the best player, I would expect better from him. 

Either way, since the faceoff rule has been implemented, his numbers went up. Which is my point anyways. 

------

BTW it seems like Sheahan is benefiting from this new rule too. Averaged around 48% in his career, this year he's at 56.5%. 

Edited by kickazz