• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Wings trade with Coyotes for G Eric Comrie, trade D Vili Saarijarvi

Rate this topic

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I'm digging a pretty big hole by suggesting we should have claimed a free asset to add to a depleted position in the organization...

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Comrie right now: 2.71 GAA with 0.917%

Nagle: 2.23 GAA with 0.916%
Poulin: 2.22 GAA with 0.915%

Sure seems like we never needed this guy in the AHL

Wow. Such depleted.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Exactly. He's been "slightly" better so far. GAA to goalies is as useless a stat as +/- is to players. It's a team stat. SV% is the much more telling stat.

Sv pct still isnt all that accurate either tho. I expect a guy with bad D in front of him to have a lower % when he's getting peppered with higher % shots from in front. The 2 stats seem to go hand in hand for that reason. Can't think of a guy with a high GAA that has a good SV%. If one sucks, they usually both do. 

Edit: I guess I should say its harder to evaluate a G on a bad team as both stats are usually bad. You would get a better idea with a better defensive team as GAA may be lower, and SV% would be more telling. Guess what I am saying is that bad teams make bad goalies, and they're easier to judge when defense is taken out of the equation. But there isnt a stat that factors in the quality of defense to my knowledge?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wow. Such depleted.

Howard - 35 (UFA)

Bernier - 31 (1 year left)

Pickard - 27 (1 year left)

Nagle - 32 (AHL only deal)

Poulin - 29 (AHL only deal)

We could have added a 24 year old, that is just as good as those late 20, early 30 year olds, with room to grow.

Whatever. It is what it is. I think it's time for you to let it go... I'm sure you won't though...

58 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Sv pct still isnt all that accurate either tho. I expect a guy with bad D in front of him to have a lower % when he's getting peppered with higher % shots from in front. The 2 stats seem to go hand in hand for that reason. Can't think of a guy with a high GAA that has a good SV%. If one sucks, they usually both do. 

Edit: I guess I should say its harder to evaluate a G on a bad team as both stats are usually bad. You would get a better idea with a better defensive team as GAA may be lower, and SV% would be more telling. Guess what I am saying is that bad teams make bad goalies, and they're easier to judge when defense is taken out of the equation. But there isnt a stat that factors in the quality of defense to my knowledge?

Neither tell the whole story, but no stat really does. SV% is still much more accurate than GAA in my opinion. GSAA is probably one of the more telling goalie stats, but as far as I know, they don't track that in the AHL.

Regarding the bold... Both are on bad team (Comrie slightly worse), and as CRL pointed out, they have virtually the same SV%, but the two Griffins goalies have better GAA. 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Howard - 35 (UFA)

Bernier - 31 (1 year left)

Pickard - 27 (1 year left)

Nagle - 32 (AHL only deal)

Poulin - 29 (AHL only deal)

We could have added a 24 year old, that is just as good as those late 20, early 30 year olds, with room to grow.

Whatever. It is what it is. I think it's time for you to let it go... I'm sure you won't though...

We can add an AHL goalie LITERALLY at any time

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We can add an AHL goalie LITERALLY at any time

Sure. And Yzerman / Martin obviously felt we should add a goaltender, which is why they signed Poulin. I think they should have claimed the 24 year old Comrie over signing the 29 year old Poulin that has bounced around Russia, Austria, Switzerland and Germany the past 4 seasons...

Why is this such an contentious issue with you? We disagree. Get the f*** over it...

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure. And Yzerman / Martin obviously felt we should add a goaltender, which is why they signed Poulin. I think they should have claimed the 24 year old Comrie over signing the 29 year old Poulin that has bounced around Russia, Austria, Switzerland and Germany the past 4 seasons...

and when the 24 Comrie ends up no better than the 29 Poulin all your squabbling to add him to the roster will seem completely foolish

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Why is this such an contentious issue with you? We disagree. Get the f*** over it...

Why do I keep bringing it up you mean?

Because for some reason I can't explain you will completely lay down for this player. He's such a mediocre, no future player, that it's an incredibly easy argument for me to win. Gotta take the easy buckets.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

and when the 24 Comrie ends up no better than the 29 Poulin all your squabbling to add him to the roster will seem completely foolish

Why do I keep bringing it up you mean?

Because for some reason I can't explain you will completely lay down for this player. He's such a mediocre, no future player, that it's an incredibly easy argument for me to win. Gotta take the easy buckets.

Except for the fact that I never "completely laid down for this player". I simply said we should have claimed him, and added to our terrible goaltending depth. You disagreed, which is completely fine, but you go on and on and on and on with bulls*** about why I'm apparently wrong, because Yzerman says so... get over it. You're the only one that still cares about this dumb debate.

12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Except for the fact that I never "completely laid down for this player". I simply said we should have claimed him, and added to our terrible goaltending depth. You disagreed, which is completely fine, but you go on and on and on and on with bulls*** about why I'm apparently wrong, because Yzerman says so... get over it. You're the only one that still cares about this dumb debate.

Loads of young players have been on waivers this year. I don't see you clamoring to claim any of them besides Comrie. How come?

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Loads of young players have been on waivers this year. I don't see you clamoring to claim any of them besides Comrie. How come?

The only other two goalies waived this season were Mike McKenna (36) and Chad Johnson (33). Why would I have any interest in either of them? If there were any other decent young goaltenders waived, I'd expect Yzerman to take a serious look at them as well. If Ottawa waived Marcus Hogberg tomorrow, we'd probably have a similar conversation about him...

37 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The only other two goalies waived this season were Mike McKenna (36) and Chad Johnson (33). Why would I have any interest in either of them? If there were any other decent young goaltenders waived, I'd expect Yzerman to take a serious look at them as well. If Ottawa waived Marcus Hogberg tomorrow, we'd probably have a similar conversation about him...

Pshhh we have terrible skaters too. Why don't you wanna claim any young waived skaters? Surely they could help out in GR and have more potential than Tangradi, no?

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pshhh we have terrible skaters too. Why don't you wanna claim any young waived skaters? Surely they could help out in GR and have more potential than Tangradi, no?

I know you wouldn't care if Tangradi got hit by a bus, but he's actually a very good AHL forward, and one of the better forwards on the Griffins.

People wanted to claim Josh Ho-Sang earlier this season? Why didn't you ask them the same dumb questions over and over and over and over again?

My question for you is, why do you care so much if I think we should have re-claimed Comrie? Regardless if you disagree, is there any need of stretching this out to 5 pages? Who gives a s***? Comrie is gone. drop it dude...

29 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I know you wouldn't care if Tangradi got hit by a bus, but he's actually a very good AHL forward, and one of the better forwards on the Griffins.

Poulin is actually a very good AHL goalie, and one of the better goalies on the Griffins.

So why are you ok with Tangradi and not Poulin?

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

People wanted to claim Josh Ho-Sang earlier this season? Why didn't you ask them the same dumb questions over and over and over and over again?

You didn't wanna claim Ho-Sang? How come?

33 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

My question for you is, why do you care so much if I think we should have re-claimed Comrie? Regardless if you disagree, is there any need of stretching this out to 5 pages? Who gives a s***? Comrie is gone. drop it dude...

Why would we put in a claim on Comrie? He's not an upgrade over anything we have in GR already.

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Poulin is actually a very good AHL goalie, and one of the better goalies on the Griffins.

So why are you ok with Tangradi and not Poulin?

You didn't wanna claim Ho-Sang? How come?

Why would we put in a claim on Comrie? He's not an upgrade over anything we have in GR already.

Poulin hadn't played a single game for the Griffins at the time Comrie was placed on waivers. He was literally signed a day or two earlier. Maybe if that didn't happen, this would have all played out differently.

I'm more than okay with Poulin, but I'd take the equally good, younger player every single time.

I would have been okay with a Ho-Sang signing, but the attitude issues is why I wasn't all that interested.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Poulin hadn't played a single game for the Griffins at the time Comrie was placed on waivers. He was literally signed a day or two earlier. Maybe if that didn't happen, this would have all played out differently.

I'm more than okay with Poulin, but I'd take the equally good, younger player every single time.

Soooo we probably should have claimed a young player on waivers instead of having the Griffs sign Tangradi... no?

Soooo we probably should have claimed a young player on waivers instead of having the Griffs sign Tangradi... no?

Was there a young player as good as Tangradi exposed to waivers? If so, who? Also, if so, absof***inglutely...

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Coulda had Ritchie or Blandisi.

Is Yzerman not even watching the waiver wire? Why wouldn't he claim these players?

If the exact same sequence of events that happened with Comrie, happened with Ritchie (trade for, waive, not re-claim), I would be saying the same thing. We should have re-claimed him, and sent him directly to Grand Rapids. Yes, instead of Tangradi, or Elson, or Shine, or whoever...

Can we please discuss this for the next 12 pages?

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If the exact same sequence of events that happened with Comrie, happened with Ritchie (trade for, waive, not re-claim), I would be saying the same thing. We should have re-claimed him, and sent him directly to Grand Rapids. Yes, instead of Tangradi, or Elson, or Shine, or whoever...

So it's not really the player you're concerned about? More the sequence of events? Why? I'm confused as to why a prior trade to a waiver claim makes any difference to you. We could have claimed Ritchie, then waived him to the AHL ourselves.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So it's not really the player you're concerned about? More the sequence of events? Why? I'm confused as to why a prior trade to a waiver claim makes any difference to you. We could have claimed Ritchie, then waived him to the AHL ourselves.

No we couldn't. You need to brush up on your waiver wire rules... If we claim a player, he needs to stay on our roster, or be exposed to waivers once again. 

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah like Winnipeg did. Claimed him and waived him. Why can't we do the same?

We could yeah, but like I said, he would have to be exposed to waivers again. At which point, maybe Boston re-claims him. If not, we send him to Grand Rapids, and all is good. Would have been a good move by Yzerman, especially if he were a couple years younger.

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

We could yeah, but like I said, he would have to be exposed to waivers again. At which point, maybe Boston re-claims him. If not, we send him to Grand Rapids, and all is good. Would have been a good move by Yzerman, especially if he were a couple years younger.

Damn so Yzerman not only f***ed up by not claiming Comrie, he's basically not exploiting the waiver wire at all.

Even Ken ******* Holland knew how to get young players on waivers. We dont get Fabbri without the DLR waiver pickup afterall. 

Now we have a potentialless Tangradi eating up minutes in GR. What is Stevie Y even doing anymore. 

Damn so Yzerman not only f***ed up by not claiming Comrie, he's basically not exploiting the waiver wire at all.

Even Ken ******* Holland knew how to get young players on waivers. We dont get Fabbri without the DLR waiver pickup afterall. 

Now we have a potentialless Tangradi eating up minutes in GR. What is Stevie Y even doing anymore. 

You're finally starting to get it...