• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Reilly Smith

Rate this topic

If you go back and look you'll see that I've been a big fan of Reilly Smith for a long time. But his best days are behind him and his contract is pretty rough. We need a few wingers LIKE Reilly Smith, but I'd pass on the actual Reilly Smith.

44 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If you go back and look you'll see that I've been a big fan of Reilly Smith for a long time. But his best days are behind him and his contract is pretty rough. We need a few wingers LIKE Reilly Smith, but I'd pass on the actual Reilly Smith.

If the Pens eat 1/2 his 5 mil, do u take on him and his cap hit for a year?

1 minute ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

If the Pens eat 1/2 his 5 mil, do u take on him and his cap hit for a year?

Maybe, as long as the ask wasn't anything significant. He'd essentially fill the role that Perron does (2nd/3rd line complimentary winger). But so does Fabbri, and he's already on the team. You've got Mazur who could probably fill that role as well. I just don't see a ton of value in it personally. At forward I'm really only interested in Sharangovich.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

We'd be paying 1/2.  Penguins would be retaining.  We'd just be responsible for the 5 mil cap hit.

Aren't we only allowed to retain salary on two contracts at once?  We're already retaining on Yamamoto and Abdelkader

Never mind I see what you're saying now

Edited by TLGTrico

31 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Aren't we only allowed to retain salary on two contracts at once?  We're already retaining on Yamamoto and Abdelkader

Never mind I see what you're saying now

PITTSBURGH IS RETAINING!!!  ha  We're taking on FULL cap hit and 1/2 actual pay.

11 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Okay never mind I am really dumb.  We're currently only retaining on Vrana, and that's coming off the books this summer

Ha.  You just flipped the money and cap is all.  Honest mistake.  I really like Reilly Smith's game.  I wouldn't mind taking him on for a year.  Lots of posters have been griping about our dump and chase game.  Debrincat, Kane, Rasmussen, Copp, and Compher struggle in this regard.  Larkin and Raymond are really the only guys that can grind a puck off a defender below the goal line or along the boards.  One of Reilly Smith's strong suits is his forechecking.  If he only costs us a 3rd, we should grab him for a year.