#1 hoogs

hoogs

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:43 AM

Not good news:

http://www.freep.com...6e_20050816.htm

"Datsyuk and Zetterberg are considered part of the team's young nucleus.

"I've talked to agents for both players recently," Holland said. "We're not close to a deal."

The Wings' payroll is at nearly $29 million, leaving them with about $9 million in cap space. (Holland has said he would like $1 million in wiggle room.) More than half of that will go toward signing Datsyuk, likely for around $3.5 million, and Zetterberg, who is seeking $2.5 million annually."

Edited by hoogs, 16 August 2005 - 04:44 AM.

#2 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:58 AM

We will get them signed sooner or later...

#3 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (RedStormRising @ August 16, 2005 - 04:58AM)
We will get them signed sooner or later...

I wouldn't put all your marbles in one bag. Datsyuk wants Lang money and he hasn't done much to deserve that yet. I wouldn't be surprsied to see him walk.

#4 Nik19

Nik19

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:39 AM

http://www.hockeyweb...n=ART&aNr=15177

According to this article we already signed the german Michael Hackert.

The article says "Forward Michael Hackert leaves his Frankfurt Lions and joins a NHL Team. Hackert who is 24 years old signes a one year Two Way Contract with the Detroit Red Wings. "Delight and sorrow are not far appart", said Lions GM Charly Fliegauf. "For Michael its a huge chance. On the other side its a bad time for a deal for us. Its difficult now, to find players on the Free Agent Market, who are able to replace one of the best german players.
Michael Hackert played since 2003 for Frankfurt and was member of the Team who won the german Cup in 2004. In the past season, the center had the best season stats of his career, collecting 20 goals and 18 Assists. Though in february, he suffered a broken shin and splinter bone and is still recovering from"

Here his stats

http://www.hockeydb.....php3?pid=53551

Edited by Nik19, 16 August 2005 - 07:41 AM.

Regards from germany

#5 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:43 AM

Why isn't Howard in the group? Geez. Can't we just sign this kid already? One more year in college wouldn't hurt but going pro and playing in the AHL would also help his development.

"He sits next to Steve in that locker room for a reason -- because we wanted him to internalize some of those things. Steve was able to will this organization to unbelievable years with the three Stanley Cups, and now it's up to someone else. Z has that kind of will and that work ethic and that passion to be the best. It's going to be his time." -- Coach Mike Babcock

DOPASAPA est. 2006, President

#6 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:04 AM

So does that mean Michael Hackert will be playing for the Wings next season? Most likely on the 4th line. His stats suggest that he's continously improving, and considering he's only 24 it appears to be a reasonable, cheap signing.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#7 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ August 16, 2005 - 10:04AM)
So does that mean Michael Hackert will be playing for the Wings next season? Most likely on the 4th line. His stats suggest that he's continously improving, and considering he's only 24 it appears to be a reasonable, cheap signing.

Hardly. Grand Rapids material.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#8 beerandwings

beerandwings

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:35 AM

If I were Howard, I would stay in college. He must be the king there, and he is good enough to make us wait.

#9 mutherpucker27

mutherpucker27

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:43 AM

No reason for Howard to leave early. He's the best goalie in the NCAA. And he probably wants to finish up his degree.

#10 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ August 16, 2005 - 10:31AM)
Hardly. Grand Rapids material.

That's what I originally thought, but why would he leave his home country to play for Grand Rapids?

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#11 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ August 16, 2005 - 06:06AM)
I wouldn't put all your marbles in one bag. Datsyuk wants Lang money and he hasn't done much to deserve that yet. I wouldn't be surprsied to see him walk.

Walk where? He can play two years in Russia before UFA hits but you have to be seen to be in demand -- he'd be smart to sign here and stay the next two seasons. Then he can leave the desirable hockeytown... The best way to get out of Detroit is to sign a contract and ask to be traded -- holding out helps nobody. Looks like he's pulling a Primeau...

#12 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:22 AM

I was sure that Datsuk's agent said that he was either going to play in Russia or for the Wings. I thought these were his only options, surely he wont play for another NHL team?

#13 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ August 16, 2005 - 12:08PM)
That's what I originally thought, but why would he leave his home country to play for Grand Rapids?

Because he hopes it might give him a shot at the NHL some day. Very few native players go from the DEL straight to the NHL. A top prospect might, but this guy isn't even drafted from what I know.

#14 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ August 16, 2005 - 12:28PM)
Because he hopes it might give him a shot at the NHL some day. Very few native players go from the DEL straight to the NHL. A top prospect might, but this guy isn't even drafted from what I know.

Thanks for clearing that up. I hope he eventually gets a shot in the NHL, because he is still reasonably young and his stats suggest that he's developing well and turning into quite a handy goal scorer.

#15 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ August 16, 2005 - 12:57PM)
Thanks for clearing that up. I hope he eventually gets a shot in the NHL, because he is still reasonably young and his stats suggest that he's developing well and turning into quite a handy goal scorer.

Maybe, but coming from the DEL and joining the NHL is a huge leap. The AHL is a step up for this guy.

#16 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ August 16, 2005 - 09:32PM)
Maybe, but coming from the DEL and joining the NHL is a huge leap.

How about Thornton playing in the Swiss league? Could he join the NHL anymore? dry.gif

Edited by Henkka, 16 August 2005 - 02:10 PM.

user posted imageuser posted image

#17 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Henkka @ August 16, 2005 - 03:10PM)
How about Thornton playing in the Swiss league? Could he join the NHL anymore? dry.gif

Is that supposed to be funny?

#18 czechomania

czechomania

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:54 PM

Hallo from Frankfurt, Michael is not a 4th line Player. His potenial is to play in a scoring line. Detroit have enough Checking Line Players. Michael ist a Scorer. Give him time, and he can a star in Detroit. At the moment he´s injured, with a broken cnemial. (hope this is correkt).

user posted image
Thats Hackert

user posted image
And thats the way to score goals ...

#19 czechomania

czechomania

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ August 16, 2005 - 02:32PM)
Maybe, but coming from the DEL and joining the NHL is a huge leap. The AHL is a step up for this guy.

Sometimes thats right, but also for some AHL Guys with good scoring is it also a step up to playing in the DEL. It´s a different Hockey, small rings - big rings.

#20 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:32 PM

Can he skate well? That will tell us how far he can advance over here.