Guest youssp9
How about this:

Detroit Gets:

RW Trent Hunter

NY Islanders Get:

RW Mark Mowers

2007 3rd Round Pick

i'd take that,...the islanders wouldn't but i would

They could accept it if Hunter is playing like crap come trade deadline time. But as of right now, he is on a pace for 40 points.

How about this:

Detroit Gets:

RW Trent Hunter

NY Islanders Get:

RW Mark Mowers

2007 3rd Round Pick

i'd take that,...the islanders wouldn't but i would

They could accept it if Hunter is playing like crap come trade deadline time. But as of right now, he is on a pace for 40 points.

Why would the Islanders trade away one of their best players for Mowers and a pick? Never gonna happen.

Hunter lead all rookies in plus/minus and was tied for rookie goal scoring last season, not to mention the fact that he was a Calder candidate. Trading away Trent Hunter would be the equivalent of us shipping Zetterberg out in his sophomore year. And no way would we get him for a scrub and a mid-draft pick. But if you throw Hudler's name in there, now we're talking.

Guest youssp9
Hunter lead all rookies in plus/minus and was tied for rookie goal scoring last season, not to mention the fact that he was a Calder candidate. Trading away Trent Hunter would be the equivalent of us shipping Zetterberg out in his sophomore year. And no way would we get him for a scrub and a mid-draft pick. But if you throw Hudler's name in there, now we're talking.

it was just an idea....

Guest youssp9
laugh.gif Sorry, I tend to over-analyze things. I sure would love Trent Hunter on this team too.

That all-right, I tend to do that sometimes too.

I don't think Holland will go after Hunter at all. That's mainly because he's playing for the New York Islanders. Meaning, that the Islanders don't ask nicely in trades. In trades, they want players were when people read about it, they say "man, New York got the better part of the deal". That's what they are pretty much known to do. In trades they don't play nice. And for Hunter, please tell me why the hell they would take a 3rd rounder and Mark Mowers for him? That makes no sense whatsoever. They would want a 2nd rounder and someone like Maltby, Draper, Hudler, Howard, Lebda, Franzen, and the like. That's what they want. Don't exspect Holland to go after Hunter hard. I yes, I know that it was an idea. Don't attack me, this is only my opinion as well.

I don't think Holland will go after Hunter at all. That's mainly because he's playing for the New York Islanders. Meaning, that the Islanders don't ask nicely in trades. In trades, they want players were when people read about it, they say "man, New York got the better part of the deal". That's what they are pretty much known to do. In trades they don't play nice. And for Hunter, please tell me why the hell they would take a 3rd rounder and Mark Mowers for him? That makes no sense whatsoever. They would want a 2nd rounder and someone like Maltby, Draper, Hudler, Howard, Lebda, Franzen, and the like. That's what they want. Don't exspect Holland to go after Hunter hard. I yes, I know that it was an idea. Don't attack me, this is only my opinion as well.

you should read a thread before you post fat.

yeah the islanders always get the better end of trade deals,......

Chara, luongo, spezza,...all shipped out for dipetro and yashin. yup,....those isles,...great at trades

(i'm well aware that wasn't one trade, just they shipped out those players and that's what they got for it)

Edited by theman19

TheMan, if you're trying to say that I'm wrong in a nice way, that's cool, and I can accept that. But the example trade you put up for me was wrong. Yes, Chara was traded to Ottawa from the New York Islanders. When was Loungo ever traded to the Senators? After his first year with New York, he was quickly traded to the FLORIDA PANTHERS. Florida lost everything in that position, and they were in great need of a goalie. So, they traded for Loungo. I even remember reading about it. Spezza though, were was he ever in New York? Spezza was drafted by Ottawa dude. And he practically played for them right away. The Islanders never had rights to him. Same with DiPeitro. When did Ottawa ever have rights to him? DiPeitro was drafted by New York, and has been there his whole carrer. Yashin though was traded to New York from Ottawa, and we all know that. I don't mean to sound rude, but it looks like you made that up. I'm a huge fan for trades and signings, so I remember a lot of them. So I don't know if you were trying to show me up, but that example trade was totally wrong. Look it up for yourself if you want.

Also, Seth, if you want me to read the thread, it's long, and I wrote this at 2am this morning. You should explain to me what I said that you don't agree with, so I can learn on that. A lot of the conversations have gone off topic anyways from the titles of the threads, if that is what I did. Just explain what I did wrong, because in my opinion, people were talking about Trent Hunter for the last page, and so did I.

Well said, Seth.

rolleyes.gif

I though so. The fact that people here think Tomas Kopecky is a power forward is just crazy. Only and I repeat only in the Red Wings organization are players like Kopecky labeled as such. Any other organization would simply tag him again as a garabage underachiveing (sp) prospect. THe only players close to actually being a Power Forward for this organization in the NHL are Grigs and possibly and I mean possibly Filppula.

Kopecky is more physical that Filppula EVER will be. Filppula is a two way finesse player...there is no 'power' to his game.

kopecky on the other hand made a name in the WHL by using his size, and using his size and strength has been a big key to his success this year.

I didn't say Kopecky was a power forward or would ever be one.

But who other than Grigorenko even has the right set of tools in the Wings' organization? Bootland? Ellis? Those guys don't have the kind of skill needed.

yeah the islanders always get the better end of trade deals,......

Chara, luongo, spezza,...all shipped out for dipetro and yashin. yup,....those isles,...great at trades

(i'm well aware that wasn't one trade, just they shipped out those players and that's what they got for it)

Bill Muckalt, Zdeno Chara, and the pick used for Jason Spezza brought in Alexei Yashin.

Dipietro was an Isles draft pick, no trade involved.

Luongo was traded with Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha (who led the team in scoring last year)

Jokinen was acquired with Josh Green and Mathieu Biron as well as the pick used on Taylor Pyatt when the team was forced to trade Ziggy Palffy to the LA Kings (after the NHL did not allow them to trade him to the Rangers). Bryan Smolinski, Marcel Cousineau and a pick went the other way.

Biron and a 2nd rounder (Denis Grot) were traded for Adrian Aucoin and Alexander Kharitonov.

Green was traded with Eric Brewer and a 2nd rounder for Roman Hamrlik.

Pyatt and Tim Connolly were traded for Michael Peca.

Peca was later traded for Mike York and a pick.

Muckalt was acquired with Dave Scatchard and Kevin Weekes for Felix Potvin and two picks who have yet to play in the NHL.

Weekes, Kristian Kudroc, and a 2nd (Matthew Spiller) wre traded for a 1st (Raffi Torres), 4th (Vladimir Gorbunov) and 7th (Ryan Caldwell)

Scatchard signed with Boston as a free agent. Hamrlik signed with Calgary as a free agent. Aucoin signed with Chicago as a free agent.

Potvin was acquired for Bryan Berard, who was a draft day deal for Wade Redden because Berard didn't want to play for Ottawa.

Torres and Brad Isbister were traded for Janne Niinimaa and a pick.

Luongo, Palffy, Smolinski, Isbister, Kudroc, Connolly, Redden, Dipietro, Cousineau and Chara were Isles draft picks.

So...it's more like this: Luongo, Palffy, Smolinski, Isbister, Kudroc, Cousineau, Connolly, Redden, Chara and the pick used for Spezza for Niinimaa, York, Kvasha, Parrish, Kharitonov, (Aucoin, Hamrlik, Scatchard)

I'm sure the Isles would GLADLY reverse the grand swap if they could, but many of those deals were money-motivated and if the Oilers and Flames get off the hook for dealing Bill Guerin, Doug Weight, Theoren Fleury, Gary Roberts, etc. for far less than they were worth then the Islanders should get a free pass on the deals they made too.

Okay, so I was wrong. Big fricken deal. My mind for a second forgot. Big whoop. If I'm wrong guys, just let me know. Don't be jerks a try to kill me over it. We all make mistakes. So if the Islanders make trades because of money moves, and/or they do get the short end of the stick, tell me, and don't attack me on it. For all I really care, the Islanders will always suck alright. Chill.

But the example trade you put up for me was wrong. but it looks like you made that up. I'm a huge fan for trades and signings, so I remember a lot of them. So I don't know if you were trying to show me up, but that example trade was totally wrong. Look it up for yourself if you want.

On your advice They were telling you that you were wrong. Now why don't you chill out and you may find it usefull to NOT get your information from the ESPN site.

That information for past trades I don't think I can get, so I haven't seen them. I have books at home, but I'm at college, which is 2 hours away, so I don't have the exact moves at my fingertips. I'm not spassing dude, I just would like a clear statement that I'm wrong. That's all, and maybe I did spazz, but nobody can really read tone of voices well over an IM. And ESPN is a very reliable cite, but yes, any cite can give wrong information. And, stupidly enough, I wrote it at 3am. So I was wrong, and I admit that. Hey, none of us are perfect. Like I always say though, we'll see what happens. I'm not dogging Hunter. If he becomes a Wing, I'm not going to complain. But the deadlines in March, so we'll all have to wait till then to see what happens.