More 'NOMMES DE GUERRE' For The "GRIND LINE"
Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:49 PM
Fact 1. - Detroit for decades WAS INDEED the automobile capital of the world. Even today, despite the decimation of its worldwide market-share dominance and the lower profile in "Motown" itself, it is the ONLY city in the world so identified (long after the manufacturers moved to "right-to-work" states and third-world economies).
Fact 2. - Cars are made of two kinds of steel -- that cold-sheet 'METAL' which is shaped and welded and melded into the conveyances that win our hearts, appeal to our whims, tap our wallets, and whisk us about; and that fire of â€œdriveâ€?, desire and determination known as 'METTLE', of which autoworkers and the people (and professional pucksters) of Detroit have exhibited for decades -- especially when the chips are down.
Playing off their numbers per the 'PERIODIC' (hehe) TABLE OF METALS --
Kirk Maltby: 18 Ar -- ARGON -- is a Nonmetal
* It is a "Noble Gas" (Kirk's ALWAYS been a stand-up, crunch-time, team player)
* It is used as an inert gas shield in many forms of WELDING (like ahhh -- like in assembling automobiles!)
* It is used primarily for ICE coring -- however, for these purposes we'll say, "CORPS-ing" (i.e., a tactical or military force that carries out 'specialized' duties -- like Penalty KILLING/Killing the clock).
* Liquefied with additional agents, ARGON destroys 'cancer' cells (Penalty KILLER).
Steve Yzerman: 19 K -- POTASSIUM -- is a Metal
* It is an important industrial chemical used as a strong base, strengthening agent (#19 is without a doubt the franchise's BEST EVER draft pick -- one of the game's ALL-TIME "FRANCHISE-iest" puck-pushers).
* It is used in fertilizer (#19 made franchise GROW around him; made teammates around him better; linemates, goal-scoring, winning, the franchise itself, STANLEY CUPS -- all in turn "blossomed").
* It is used in gunpowder and black powder (#19 clearly is a prolific SHOOTER and EXPLOSIVE Player).
* "K" stands for "Captain" in many of the world's hockey leagues.
* POTASSIUM is a basic ingredient of salt (#19 is the "Salt" of the earth; a "Good Salt").
Kris Draper: 33 As -- ARSENIC -- is a Metalloid
* It is an important semiconductor material, used in integrated circuits, circuits made using the compound are MUCH FASTER (Duh-huhh -- Drapes has been one of the FASTEST 'slick-kicks' in the league!)
* It is an age-old reliable and deadly poison -- it KILLS things (Penalty KILLER).
Thus, using the the PERIODIC TABLE OF METALS to pay homage to the Detroit Auto industry ("metal"/"mettle") I then submitted these suggestions as a "GRIND LINE" alias "nommes de guerre"!
Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:28 PM
how can you have a poll with 1 choice??
Edited by timothy1997, 21 November 2005 - 07:29 PM.
Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:27 AM
Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:32 PM
Edited by hardcoretom21, 24 November 2005 - 07:44 PM.
"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"
Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:03 PM
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B
Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:07 PM
Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:48 PM
|Topic||Forum||Started By||Stats||Last Post Info|
||General Discussion||Bill Berzeench||
||Trade Rumors & Free Agent Talk||nyqvististhefuture||
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users