• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Legace to be traded?

Rate this topic

Funny you reported on a rumor from Mlive that got started here on the other thread just just like this. Your the mental midget. Good day asshat. And seeing how I was not even talking about you but e-mcgrath88 well it seems you feel guilty of something. Anything you would like to tell us?

Edited by BringDMacBack

Funny you reported on a rumor from Mlive that got started here on the other thread just just like this. Your the mental midget. Good day asshat. And seeing how I was not even talking about you but e-mcgrath88 well it seems you feel guilty of something. Anything you would like to tell us?

Whats with all the hostility?

I kind of expect it from someone that goes by "BringDMacBack" though.

The problem with this is that I have not even heard this rumor outside of this cite anywhere. So to me, this is a false trade rumor that you started. And anyways, why would we trade Legace? Here's my first beef. Let's say we did trade Legace, who do you exspect to get? We're not going to get a big name. At best, we would get a marginal defenseman. So unless you can really prove to me that we would get a great defenseman, the trade you're talking about it stupid. My second beef is why are we in a rush to get a new defenseman now? Fischer is only on injured reserve. Nobody even knows yet if he's going to play or not. So don't jump to far right now. Lets say Fischer can't play again, our six regular defenseman will be Schneider, Lidstrom, Woolley, Chelios, Lebda, and Lilja. And the back-up persay is Rivers. Lebda is a great surprise this year, and I'm glad and proud of how well he's doing in his first year. Rivers is very experienced, and he hasn't failed the Wings yet either. And remember, Kronwall will be back soon, and that boosts the defense even more. My last beef, is how the heck do you think that Howard's ready to go regularly in the NHL right now. He can really use the experience in Grand Rapids. Give Osgood praise for doing a good job thus far this season, but do you really want Osgood as our starter and a non-experienced Howard as back-up? I don't, but if you do, that's great, but the wrong idea. Legace has been great, and I don't see how you can be mad at him if you are. Also, the defenseman are not to totally blame for the bad losing streak. Every team goes through one, and you'll have to deal with it like everyone else. Don't start false trade rumors.

Well said Fatcat6. I agree, got to keep Manny. He is the best we have. Howard does need to stay down with the Griffins too. Either which way this all started, I just don't see us trading Legace for a Defensman and go into the Playoffs with Ozzie and Howard. Not the way Legace has played thus far. It is still early so we will see, and yes all teams go through these slumps which seems we may be out of now.

I have a better idea, but I'll change the subject of the title of this forum. Why don't we trade Osgood? We could get a decent defenseman in return for him. And what better to have Howard to back-up Legace instead. I like this idea better. Trade Osgood, and go the rest of the season with Legace as the starter, and Howard as back-up. What does anyone else think?

I have a better idea, but I'll change the subject of the title of this forum. Why don't we trade Osgood? We could get a decent defenseman in return for him. And what better to have Howard to back-up Legace instead. I like this idea better. Trade Osgood, and go the rest of the season with Legace as the starter, and Howard as back-up. What does anyone else think?

I am not sure Ozzie will offer the return of a good defenseman especially the likes of one that people covet on these boards.

Yes.....of COURSE!

Because when the time comes for Howard to begin to take the reigns, transitioning from "back-up" to "goalie of the future" to "franchise netminder".....

What BETTER goaltender could one ask for as a mentor than a CAREER BACK-UP himself?

Brilliant!

<oy!>

I have never seen him have so many fits about goals in his entire career here. He used to be laid back and just doing his job. Now he is getting visual upset after goals. Is this a product of the buring fire to win or the product of too much pressure being placed on him?

I kind of like that. For the most part goalies are a little strange anyway. But I like that he gets a little upset. Now I don't want him acting like Ron Hextall out there, but getting fired up after a goal shows me he's really into the game and probably felt he should have had that one. As long as he keeps his head in the game I have no problem with it.

Again, I think trading Legace would be a mistake. To me, it all depends on how well he plays when he gets back on the ice. And yeah, he's getting more angry on cheap goals he's letting in, but I think he's getting used to what it's like to be a starting goaltender now. And yeah, we don't he him to get overly mad, but Ron Hextall is only a one of kind type thing. The Wings are holding a press confrence I believe on Monday to talk about Fischer's health, and if he can't play for the rest of the season, and Manny starts to play like crap, then Holland needs to start thinking about what to do. But of course only time will tell.

Again, I think trading Legace would be a mistake. To me, it all depends on how well he plays when he gets back on the ice. And yeah, he's getting more angry on cheap goals he's letting in, but I think he's getting used to what it's like to be a starting goaltender now. And yeah, we don't he him to get overly mad, but Ron Hextall is only a one of kind type thing. The Wings are holding a press confrence I believe on Monday to talk about Fischer's health, and if he can't play for the rest of the season, and Manny starts to play like crap, then Holland needs to start thinking about what to do. But of course only time will tell.

I believe "if' the presser says Jiri is done for good then Holland should and probably will move someone (Manny loosely rumored) before their stats turn to crap. As the saying goes... "Crap in Crap Out" We offer crap stats we get crap stats in return. Unless Holland can somehow sugar coat the crap to make it smell like roses, we need to trade before the crap starts smelling. And I am using the term crap loosely as Manny's stats will never be crap on this team of All-Stars.

I believe "if' the presser says Jiri is done for good then Holland should and probably will move someone (Manny loosely rumored) before their stats turn to crap. As the saying goes... "Crap in Crap Out" We offer crap stats we get crap stats in return. Unless Holland can somehow sugar coat the crap to make it smell like roses, we need to trade before the crap starts smelling. And I am using the term crap loosely as Manny's stats will never be crap on this team of All-Stars.

scared.gifyowza.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif I concur...