62 replies to this topic

#1 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:40 AM

Unconfirmed Rumor:
Legace to be dealt for a Defenseman to replace Fischer...This would make a lot of sense if Howard shows that he can play solid at this level- We lose the rights to Liv if we don't bring him over this year, right? This would free up Howard's spot in G.R. and we'd finally be able to get Liv over here while getting a solid Dman to take Fischer's spot. I'd be all in favor of this if it's true.

#2 HIGH ON FIRE

HIGH ON FIRE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:02 AM

It wouldn't be good to lose our best goaltender.

#3 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:18 AM

He's not our best goaltender- Osgood is. Besides, if we don't get rid of someone and bring Liv over here, we'll lose his rights- that would not be good either. Let's face it, Legace is a 30+ year old backup, best backup in the league, but a backup. Hopefully Howard proves he's ready to stay in the NHL at least in a backup role for now so we can get rid of one of these goalies- and pick up a positional player that we need. Osgood needs to see more action, and if Howard stays up here, they're not going to send Manny or Ozzy to GR- this trade would make perfect sense.

#4 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Blade Brunner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:26 AM

1. Rumours without credible links are useless (i.e. my friend Guss said)
2. Indeed, dealing our BEST goalie, would be a shot in the foot
3. with Kronwall and Fisher out we could actually afford a D-man without affecting our CAP

dry.gif

Edited by Spongewingredpants, 30 November 2005 - 06:27 AM.

Bring back No. 91

#5 HIGH ON FIRE

HIGH ON FIRE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:28 AM

Motown, you're not going to convince many people that Osgood is better than Legace this year so you should stop trying. Just a heads up. wink.gif

He is a "back up" goalie because he plays in Detroit. Not because he's not good enough to start.

Edited by HIGH ON FIRE, 30 November 2005 - 06:29 AM.

#6 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:36 AM

If this happens I ain't gonna be a happy camper.

I just don't think Howard is ready for full-time NHL duty yet.

#7 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (Spongewingredpants @ November 30, 2005 - 07:26AM)
3. with Kronwall and Fisher out we could actually afford a D-man without affecting our CAP

dry.gif

1. That's why I said it was an unconfirmed rumor- if you haven't noticed, half of the sh*t that is said on this site is useless, it's a discussion forum.
2. How many games has Legace won as a starter, how many Stanley Cups? If he was as good as some people here think he is, Osgood wouldn't be a Red Wing anyway. Manny is the best backup in the league, nothing more, nothing less.
3. Kronwall will hopefully be back in a couple of months, then he WILL affect the cap.

#8 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Blade Brunner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (MotownIce @ November 30, 2005 - 02:48PM)
QUOTE (Spongewingredpants @ November 30, 2005 - 07:26AM)

dry.gif

1. That's why I said it was an unconfirmed rumor- if you haven't noticed, half of the sh*t that is said on this site is useless, it's a discussion forum.
2. How many games has Legace won as a starter, how many Stanley Cups? If he was as good as some people here think he is, Osgood wouldn't be a Red Wing anyway. Manny is the best backup in the league, nothing more, nothing less.
3. Kronwall will hopefully be back in a couple of months, then he WILL affect the cap.

ok, let me show you what i mean:

An uncorfimed rumor has it that Datsyuk, Shanahan and Zetterberg will be traded in return for Fedorov and Denis and a draft pick

Bring back No. 91

#9 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:01 AM

Oh no. No way. If this happens I will seriously be pissed.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#10 Yzerfan75

Yzerfan75

"Mmmm my poker face, mmm my poker face..."

• Silver Booster
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:04 AM

You gotta be kidding. Deal Legace? I just don't see it happening. Hell...if anything, get another tender so Howard can develop in GR.

#11 Bruce Campbell

Bruce Campbell

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:51 AM

Osgood is better than Legace? LMAO! laugh.gif

Maybe once upon a time, but if you hadn't noticed, things have changed in this 'new NHL'...

Edited by Bruce Campbell, 30 November 2005 - 07:52 AM.

#12 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:15 AM

Hi, I'm wondering if we can please NOT start another Manny vs. Ozzie fight? Thank you for your cooperation, I really appreciate it.

Bottom line is until a trade is made I don't beleive anyone can REALLY say, but I would take a stab at that if a goalie is gonna be moved it's either gonna be one of the two (NOT Howard) in Grand Rapids, or Ozzie. Why? The goalies in GR are expendable now that we know that Jimmy is for real, and Babaock don't seem to be very high on Ozzie, regardless of who's better than who and so on and so forth.

I mean, if I was to throw out my opinion of what goaltender who is Wings' property, that has the most raw talent.. he's across the pond yet in the SEL.

- LT

#13 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:21 AM

Well this does coincide with a similar more vague rumor heard earlier, but I don't see us giving Legace away like that, and where as career wise Legace may not be as accoladed as Osgood he is doing much better this season and has for the past few years. It seems to be Osgood's sinking in the new NHL and has the statistics to prove it. You can base your judgement of off past accomplishments when we had a better team and the NHL was friendlier towards goalies. But in the end you're in favor of keeping a guy with a weakness for handling rebounds and a save percentage that's in the lower echelons of the NHL over a man who was playing near Vezina calibur hockey before injury troubles them you are sourly mistaken on several levels.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#14 Kicker774

Kicker774

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:33 AM

Did the words 'Purple Monkey Dishwasher' by chance come up in that rumor too? laugh.gif
user posted image

#15 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (MotownIce @ November 30, 2005 - 06:40AM)
Unconfirmed Rumor:
Legace to be dealt for a Defenseman to replace Fischer...This would make a lot of sense if Howard shows that he can play solid at this level- We lose the rights to Liv if we don't bring him over this year, right? This would free up Howard's spot in G.R. and we'd finally be able to get Liv over here while getting a solid Dman to take Fischer's spot. I'd be all in favor of this if it's true.

Unconfirmed Rumor? Rumors from inside your own head our thoughts. Just cause you think thats what they'll do (only if there crazy) that's fine then say "Trade Thought By Me". I personaly like Howard. I think he had a solid game. One solid game. I hope he keeps it up and steals Ozzie's job. Then they can deal Ozzie for someone since he's unhappy with the situation anyway. As far as dealing your #1 after a prospect has a great 1st game....Kenny don't make all that money by making dumb moves like that. thumbdown.gif

#16 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

You really should post trade rumors in the trade rumor threads. As well as probably just keeping unconfirmed rumors, to yourself.

#17 gowingsgo

gowingsgo

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:51 AM

Unless Babcock is going to go with an unproven rookie at goalie, they best keep Manny and trade Howard if they are going to trade a goalie.
NHL Playoffs = Mule Season. Lets Go Wings

#18 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:58 AM

Not going to happen.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#19 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:00 AM

Another unconfirmed rumor; but we need D: Zetterberg for Delmore!
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#20 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:01 AM

Oh, and a 3rd rounder.
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.