• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EstonianWingsFan#1

KINDLy apologize for having a doubt

Rate this topic

We have a rising star, whos getting out of his cocoon finally. Once again the Wings drafted a player, quite a high pick in many years (for the Red Wings of course I mean) created lots of criticism and as I remember, many fans wanted Kenndal McArdle instead of Kindl. Maybe it is still quite early to say, but I think Jakub is going to be a francise player if everything goes a well as it is going right now. I mean the cowboy is going so fast lately, he is showing is spurs to even 12th pick Marc Staal and is quickly jumping towards the 1st spot in OHL defencemen scoring. Kindl has 3+13=16 points in his last 8 games, I mean tell me about a scoring pace for a defenceman. Funny to see but when Kitchener suddenly started to win, Kindl also started to produce. Today he also has 2 assists, the game is not even over yet, Kitchener is leading after 2 periods 5-0.

Don't know how do you feel guys, but I have a feeling that Red Wings got a superb draft pick in Kindl and it really seems that when 19th pick is a rarity for a team, get the risky pick like Kindl.

What do you think? Did we get a francise player??

Personally, I think we can pencil Kindl in as a offensively-minded, second pairing defenceman on this team in a couple of years. He's got the size, he's got the wheels, and his defensive skills are not bad at all. But to say he's a franchise player is going a little over-board. Though he's played awfully well in the past couple of weeks, he still isn't leading OHL defencemen in scoring, and doesn't play the physical game that could make him dominant.

What is very intriguing, however, is the fact that, although there are two other defencemen on the Kitchener Rangers who were taken in the first round of the NHL draft (Lashoff and Valabik), Kindl is almost certainly the team's best d-man. He really is an important part of the Rangers, and though he isn't exactly a physical presence on the ice, he doesn't shy away from the rough stuff after the whistle.

It seems Jakub is starting to finally catch onto the NA game. We all knew he was a high risk prospect, and if he continues at this pace, he might pay off.

And BTW, Kindl just got another goal.

Kindl has13 points in 5 games, that is quite impressive for anyone, let alone for an 18 year old defenseman. Definitely an exciting prospect, he has the size, skills and the offensive presence to be excellent NHL player.

You guys say he has size, but does he use it often? Or is going to be like Fischer was?

I think his best bet would be to try and emulate Lidstrom rather than Fischer. If being physical isn't his game, he shouldn't even try and just work on being strong positionally. Plus he isn't, and won't be, nearly as big and strong as Fisch is. Fischer is a beast and is very capable of throwing his size around, he was just hesitant at times. Kindl is about 3 inches and 30-odd pounds smaller. He's a slightly more solidly built Lidstrom.

peace

I'm not that surprised by Kindl's improvment. Some of you might remember me comparing Kindl to Fischer and talking about how Fischer had a great sophomore year. From what I've gathered, Kindl does have a physical presence on the ice. He will even fight. Even though it remains to be seen if he manages to carry that with him into the NHL, he's got the size for it (6'2, 199 lbs). When he fills out his frame he will be similar to Brendan Witt in terms of size. The rest is simply a matter of attitude.

I'm not that surprised by Kindl's improvment. Some of you might remember me comparing Kindl to Fischer and talking about how Fischer had a great sophomore year. From what I've gathered, Kindl does have a physical presence on the ice. He will even fight. Even though it remains to be seen if he manages to carry that with him into the NHL, he's got the size for it (6'2, 199 lbs). When he fills out his frame he will be similar to Brendan Witt in terms of size. The rest is simply a matter of attitude.

So he does have a hint of physical play? Interesting, though I hope he settles on one approach rather than being iffy physically and iffy positionally.

peace

So he does have a hint of physical play? Interesting, though I hope he settles on one approach rather than being iffy physically and iffy positionally.

peace

I'm hoping he could turn out to be a Gleason kinda player. Gleason used to be a flashy offensive defenseman until he decided to work on his defensive game and even developed a physical presence. It seems that Kindl is willing to play that type of game. He needs to bring it to the NHL level though.

So he does have a hint of physical play?  Interesting, though I hope he settles on one approach rather than being iffy physically and iffy positionally.

peace

I'm hoping he could turn out to be a Gleason kinda player. Gleason used to be a flashy offensive defenseman until he decided to work on his defensive game and even developed a physical presence. It seems that Kindl is willing to play that type of game. He needs to bring it to the NHL level though.

It's a good thing he's still young then. Another year in Kitchener after this one should help. And considering his totals this year it'd be interesting what he could be capable of next year.

peace

So he does have a hint of physical play?  Interesting, though I hope he settles on one approach rather than being iffy physically and iffy positionally.

peace

It's a good thing he's still young then. Another year in Kitchener after this one should help. And considering his totals this year it'd be interesting what he could be capable of next year.

peace

Yeah, should be interesting.

after reading this and checking into some research ya I gotta say this kid it looking real soild. Next year GR correct?

Nope. Kids coming out of Junior leagues can't play in the AHL until their Junior eligibility is up. He's either with the Wings or Kitchener. I highly doubt he's ready to pull a Fischer and step in at 19 so I'm guessing he spends another year in the OHL.

peace

Here's what one Kitchener fan wrote about Kindl on HFBoards.

I love how the kid plays.

He's Kitchener's top offensive defenseman (head and shoulders above Lashoff IMO) and plays a very smart defensive game. He runs Kitchener's #1 powerplay unit, and has a really good wrist shot from the line.

He doesn't play a physical game (and doesn't have to - he's paired with Valabik most of the time). His outlet passes are consistently tape to tape, and he's very calm with the puck. The new rules suit his style very well, and he's adapted to the North American game with flying colours.

He's been playing really well for the most part (had a couple of brainfart giveaways on Friday night, but also had a few brilliant checks). He's solid, solid, solid, on the point on the PP and has saved more than a few errant passes from leaving the zone. He'll never lay a guy out with a thundering hit; he separates the man from the puck consistently without the big hit.

Also as others have said he has fought when necessary, and he's 3rd on the team in PIMs with 62 in 26 games.

Sounds good to me! thumbup.gif

Edited by Cruiser008

Here's what one Kitchener fan wrote about Kindl on HFBoards.

I love how the kid plays.

He's Kitchener's top offensive defenseman (head and shoulders above Lashoff IMO) and plays a very smart defensive game. He runs Kitchener's #1 powerplay unit, and has a really good wrist shot from the line.

He doesn't play a physical game (and doesn't have to - he's paired with Valabik most of the time). His outlet passes are consistently tape to tape, and he's very calm with the puck. The new rules suit his style very well, and he's adapted to the North American game with flying colours.

He's been playing really well for the most part (had a couple of brainfart giveaways on Friday night, but also had a few brilliant checks). He's solid, solid, solid, on the point on the PP and has saved more than a few errant passes from leaving the zone. He'll never lay a guy out with a thundering hit; he separates the man from the puck consistently without the big hit.

Also as others have said he has fought when necessary, and he's 3rd on the team in PIMs with 62 in 26 games.

Sounds good to me! thumbup.gif

the only thing that worries me is he's paired with a physical d-man and that probably allows him some open ice everynow and again. We don't have a player who would do that for him, unless he's paired with kronwall down the line.

the only thing that worries me is he's paired with a physical d-man and that probably allows him some open ice everynow and again. We don't have a player who would do that for him, unless he's paired with kronwall down the line.

Guys like Quincey or Kolasau (Kolosov) might be better partners for a guy like Kindl down the line. Big more physical stay at home types.

peace

Guys like Quincey or Kolasau (Kolosov) might be better partners for a guy like Kindl down the line. Big more physical stay at home types.

peace

Quincey does not exactley crayy alot of phiscal presence on the ice from what I can tell. But I have not had the pleasure of a Rangers game. Does anybody whose been know?

I was saying the same sort of things when he was drafted. Last season was his first year of North American hockey, so it wasn't fair to judge him on that. I thought we'd see a big jump in production from him this season, and we have. In terms of his physical play, I'm not too sure how he will turn out there. He has the size to play physical (although not that Fischer-esque moster size), and although he hasn't shown much physicality yet, we can hope that it is something that will come along as he continues to adjust to the North American style and gets more and more experience under his belt.