• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ufcredwingfan

What prospects will make the Wings Next year?

Rate this topic

mark my words after a sub-par camp and quiet 5-10 game stint Kopecky's lazy butt will be back in GR. Hudler might have a chance if he doesn't get dealt for something better. Grigs, Quincey, Kronwall, Bootland, Lebda and possibly Rivers will be in our lineup. What we need is another powerforward and goalie.

Dats - Hank - Grigs

Shanny - Williams - Sam the Swede

Holmstrom - Draper - Lang

Malts - Franzen - Bootland

Lids - Kronwall

Schnids - Quincey

Lebda - xxx

Legace - ???

overall pretty damn decent I think

As much as we wouldn't like it, Lilja will be back...both Holland and Babcock have had nothing but positive things to say about him, and he's been getting 22-23 minutes per night.

i know you said not to make free agent predictions buuut im makin one so sorry

zets (he will also becaptain) datsyuk grigs

shanny (will be back for 2 years i think) j will (for a decent price) sammy

malts drapes bootland

kopecky franzen holmer

schneids lids

kronwall x1

lilja lebda

goalies

x2

howard

x1=most likely witt but if not witt than a big dman that is solid and hopefully not too old, maybe some1 like eric brewer. i believe we will acquire this dman by trading away lang and hudler. lang has been rumored to be on the block and as much as i love hudler his stock is high right now and who knows if he will flop in the nhl or not. babcock also does not seem too keen on hudler, so i figure he will not be here long. i predict this trade to happen before the deadline this season. if this trade doesnt happen, then they will aquire one in the offseason im sure.

x2= either luongo or nabokov. holland always goes out and gets the best goalie on the market, and if the red wings do not win the cup this season he will for sure nab one of these guys. luongo has already said that he would take a pay cut to play for a winning team (whatup detroit!?) and nabokov would not be as expensive as luongo.

i do not feel that this youth movement will be as big as most of you think it will be because you need to look at what detroit has done in the past. they have always been about winning now, not later and although i feel the youth movement needs 2 happen now, i doubt it will. if it does happen, it certainly won't be as drastic as most of you would like it to be.

Edited by hckypete96

I wish:

FWDs IN: Grigs, Hudler, Fillpula, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Shanahan, Franzen, Cleary, Holmstrom, Williams, Kopecky, and Jamtin.

DEFs IN: Schnieder, Kronwall, Lebda, Kolasau, annd 2 free agents.

GOALs IN: Legace and Liv.

AHL IN: McGrath, Kindl and Blatak

OUT: Yzerman, Lang, Lidstrom, Osgood, Wooley, Rivers, Draper, Maltby.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Williams

Shanahan-Grigs-Holmstrom

Cleary-Franzen-Jamtin

Fillpula-Hudler-Kopecky

Schnieder-Free Agent

Kronwall-Free Agent

Lebda-Kolasau

Legace-Liv

Then wait a year for this mix-mash to gel together.

I wish:

FWDs IN: Grigs, Hudler, Fillpula, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Shanahan, Franzen, Cleary, Holmstrom, Williams, Kopecky, and Jamtin.

Shanahan-Grigs-Holmstrom

Cleary-Franzen-Jamtin

Fillpula-Hudler-Kopecky

Schnieder-Free Agent

Kronwall-Free Agent

Lebda-Kolasau

Legace-Liv

No Bootland? Kolasau is at least a few years away. Jamtin needs a year in GR before he can make the step. I like you're thinking on some of the others though

I wish:

Shanahan-Grigs-Holmstrom

Cleary-Franzen-Jamtin

Fillpula-Hudler-Kopecky

Schnieder-Free Agent

Kronwall-Free Agent

Lebda-Kolasau

Legace-Liv

Grigs is a RWer.

Why no Lidstrom? blink.gif

And unless the FA defencemen are Rob Blake and Chara, that roster will be about 8 million under the cap. And that's not happening.

Grigs is a RWer.

Why no Lidstrom? 

And unless the FA defencemen are Rob Blake and Chara, that roster will be about 8 million under the cap. And that's not happening.

My bad on Grigs. Secondly, as valuable as Lids is, unless his 35-36 year-old fanny can accept a 4-4.5 mil. single year contract without a no-trade clause, he is being overpaid. So, let's lose him, and get a Redden/Chara (one will not be signed by Ottawa next year I believe) and another high-end d-man.

Lidstrom's overpaid ass is one point from leading defensemen in scoring. He's got 3 solid years left is the way I see it. Maybe 4.

Lidstrom, the league's most efficient and intelligent defender, leads all defensemen in power-play points (34) and is a frontrunner to win the Norris Trophy. The King's Lubomir Visnovsky has more points (47 to 46) and a better plus-minus rating (plus-14 vs. plus-5), but the artistry of Lidstrom's game makes him the All-Star.

Lidstrom's overpaid ass is one point from leading defensemen in scoring. He's got 3 solid years left is the way I see it. Maybe 4.

Lidstrom, the league's most efficient and intelligent defender, leads all defensemen in power-play points (34) and is a frontrunner to win the Norris Trophy. The King's Lubomir Visnovsky has more points (47 to 46) and a better plus-minus rating (plus-14 vs. plus-5), but the artistry of Lidstrom's game makes him the All-Star.

Lidstrom is still top 4 in the NHL, no doubt. But, we'd be lying to ourselves if we didn,t admit that he has lost a step. This year, I am seriously impressed with Chelios's 44 year old play than Lidstrom's. I realize there is a huge difference in ice-time. However, Chelios has been absolutely awesome on the penalty kill. Lidstroms +/- would go up if people started scoring in front of him. Which now leads me to this point: Lids is well overpaid. That money should be dropped by about 3 mil. Do you have any idea how good a d-man we could pick up for 3 million? Even a scoring forward so Lids +/- went up? That money could be put to better use.

I truly feel that we have more "super-gems" waiting in the wings than ever. We knew Zetts was going to be good, and I think we expect the same from Grigs. But I feel we have some North American talent that is seriously crafty: Helm/McGrath/Haskins. These guys may be the Carter/Richards of the Wings shortly. As far as Czechs/Sweedes/Finns, remember these names: Ryno/Ritola/Hudler/Fillpula/Kopecky. There are some Datsyuk-esque talent in there sprinkled with some power-forward fairy dust. Mark my words, in 2-3 years, they'll be talking about the Wings the same way we talk about Ottawa. Young, fast and skilled.

I think the only prospects who will break to the lineup, are Grigorenko and Lebda.

Shanahan - Datsyuk - Grigorenko

PF winger - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Holmström - Lang - Williams

Maltby - Draper - Franzen

Stevie retires, we don't re-sign Cleary and Mowers. Or maybe we sign another for spare forward.

Lidström - Lilja

Kronwall - Schneider

Lebda - (Chelios/physical D?)

Woolley, Rivers and Fischer gone. Or maybe Rivers could be spare d-man. Chelios wants to continue his career, but I hope we'll acuire Jason Smith or another physical D-man instead of signing Chelios.

Legace

(Liv/Howard)

Get rid of Osgood, re-sign Manny. Liv and howard to separate backup games. More playing time for them obvioisly at the Griffins.

I really think Howard will be up on the Wings full time next season. After watching alot of Griffins games this season, I think Howard is to good to not be playing in the NHL, but don't get me wrong he does have to work on a couple things to improve.

I also think Grigorenko, Filppula, and Hudler will be up there most of the time.